Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add Mod Slots Strictly For Augments Mod

Mistyclown

Good thing or a bad thing?

There are a lot of augment mods and probably more in the future. In my opinion its balance and does not provide power spike. But the problem is I don't want to use some of it and I am happy with my build. Therefore the augments mod become a collection item (sort of) or something else.

I am thinking is that in the future they might release an augment mods for each frame's ability. So my suggestion is it would be nice if they add 2 mod slot and we pay the price putting forma in our frame^^.

I suggested 2 mod slot because this will make tenno decide which of the abilities to put to suit the type of mission.

I hope DE read this-_-

It depends. For some mods it is definitely worth giving up a slot for the extra bonus. For others it is more of a novelty. Some frames the mods released so far are rather useless while others are very beneficial. 

Personally I would like to see it tied in with the focus system which we will learn more about tomorrow. Maybe you can unlock a couple of augment only slots through the focus system depending on how you choose to spec out your tenno. 

I was thinking about this too. Since we already have 2 less mod slots on our warframes, there should have a unique slot just for Augment mods, like Auras and Stances. And that way, in the future, you had to choose which augment you would like to use on the warframe, instead of using all of them at the same time.

Good grief. Another thread on this. I should copy and paste my reply on this topic. I say no we should NOT have augment slots because having an augment slot makes augments mandatory instead of something you choose to have or not have. It will no longer be something to tweak your build but a straight upgrade. Diversity will be lessened because now everyone will have to have one instead of picking or choosing whether or not to have one.

And of course, the power creep. Do we really need more power for our frames? No one who have made these threads have ever made a good argument why we need more power. Just because we're getting more mods to choose from DOES NOT mean we should be able to stick more of them in on our frames. 

Also, I want to point out that some of the augments can straight out replace some of the regular frame mods. For instance, the new Nekros desecration mod allows you to use your health instead of energy to cast. That means you can replace mods like Equilibrium with this since you won't be burning energy to desecrate and you'll be healing from the orbs you get from desecrating. So you are at least breaking even with this augment, mod slot wise. And there are other good augments that are also straight up or better upgrades on frames where you're not "sacrificing" a mod and mod slot to use. 

There's no reason to have an augment slot. If an augment is useless then it should be buffed instead, not give us an augment slot.

Actually in the last Dev stream of the year they stated that this is most likely exactly what they will do ^^

Since so many of us are asking about it, they said they'll consider it, but don't get your hopes up just yet.

Meanwhile, keep making these threads so that DE will see that we're not gonna give up on the Augmentation slot :P