Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why The Mutalist Incursion Event Survival Is Not Enjoyable. At All.

(XBOX)Grihaly

First off, it's a survival, the hands-down worst gamemode. I like extermination, sabotages are cool, spys are okay, deception isn't too bad, I love defenses, and excavations I don't care for, but I don't hate them either. Anyway, back to main point of this, it's a survival against the infested, and further more, you have to stay at least 30 minutes to get the rewards (which IMO aren't even worth the fight). I'd rather solo a T4 survival to 30, than against infested. It's all fine and dandy until about 12 minutes in, when they eat your power so fast you pick up an energy orb and you're back to 0 in less than a second.

Then there's the thing that really agitated me: You have to be alive for the 30 minute mark to receive the rewards. I did this god-awful survival with a friend, but I used the last revive of my Rhino Prime at the 27 minute mark, he extracts, we both have a mission score of 30:40, he gets the rewards, I don't. I look at the nav, my best score is 1238 or something like that, even though I got the mission score of over 30 minutes, I don't get the rewards because I was unable to be alive for the 30 min mark. So that's really painful, with Cryotic Front, one the run of 3 or 5k whatever it was, I did it with two randoms, they died 5 minutes in and never revived, I carried us to victory, they got the rewards. With Gate Crash, on the last one, me and another player of the group (3 total 2 died, 1 survived) died, and we all got the rewards. But no, not on this, the worst of the events, no, for this, you must be front and center to get them.

Then there is the other 'rewards': the Tethra mods, which "have a potential of dropping during rotation C" and in RNG language that translates to "Don't drop at all, here have a T1 you can add to your collection of about 100"

End rant.

EDIT: Got it done using Valkyr, with the help of another Valkyr, and a Nekros. 

Edited by (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly

I didn't think it was that bad. The event itself wasn't that difficult and you only have to get to 30m once for all the mods. If you don't think the mods are worth it then don't do it. Only time I had energy issues is when I ran off on my own, which is obviously my own fault since I should have been staying with the group.

The tethra mods were a bit more of a chore to get but 20m is easy to get to even with a random group or solo.

Well if you wanted the tethra mods, you could buy them for cheap right now since they are obtainable. Its what I did. (at the time)

But as for survival against infested, it couldnt get much easier than that. I mean take a vauban in and sit in one spot with a vortex and its gg. Take a vauban and a nova and prime everything in the vortex, then its double gg. 

My only issue is that toxin damage is extremely annoying. The sneeze of doom that the ancients have :/

That's not my point. I did the event, but either it was just made terribly silly, or it glitched, I'm hoping the latter, I got the event score to get the mods, but didn't get them, which is insane, is my point.

The whole "you being alive at the end for score" was deliberate. 

That's not my point. I did the event, but either it was just made terribly silly, or it glitched, I'm hoping the latter, I got the event score to get the mods, but didn't get them, which is insane, is my point.

The fact that you had to make it to extraction alive to have the score counted caught everyone by surprise. However, once you figure that out it should not be a problem and it does make sense. If you're dead then you didn't complete the objective.

Play more cautiously if you have that many problems staying alive, especially as a rhino. I played as a Nova and rarely had issues staying alive. Trinity and vauban make the survival incredibly easy, in several situations I even ran a speed nova and we didn't have many problems until beyond the 40m mark.

On my first try I forgot how long I needed to stay so I stayed until 40 minutes but I went in solo with my Survival Trinity, no deaths.  

If you're going in a group, I recommend you ditch the rhino prime for a CC based frame like Nyx/Nova/Vauban/Loki(especially if you guys got the new radial disarm augment) or even Oberon/Saryn.

The biggest killer as I saw on repeated runs was the Tar Moa Tar attack that could instant down players or radiation proc them leading to sudden and massive team killing.  It's been fixed on the PC version so it no longer radiation procs or do insta kill damage to facetankers but I don't know if that applies to you guys yet.

Well, when you get the Nova Prime update, prepare to grind your heart out in the same mode  with the new infested units cause one of the Nova P parts is in ODS with horrible horrible diluted loot table filled with keys that you won't even need.....

If you can't tell, I already have Nova Prime ;P

Technically if you got a trinity and booben you will face roll it easily.

Due to the sheer amount of spawns, you don't really need nekros.

The team I went was with Trinity and Vauban. A Rhino that double duties as stomp CC and Roar buffer.

I was the selfish guy with Mirage, so my job is only to kill kill and kill some more.

We did 40 mins and still had 3 LS left.

Edited by fatpig84

I personally never found it difficult at all, the hardest part was trying to see through all the godforsaken bees.

I ran Booben and never got killed unless I was trying to revive some poor sap (Usually a Rhino) who ran out alone and tried facetanking the spawns. That and getting hit in the face with a Tar MOA and being at half health, and getting chain-stunned by an Ancient + MOA + Fire Eximus.

First off, it's a survival, the hands-down worst gamemode

You immediately screwed up and made your post look less credible by saying this.

Whether you like a gamemode or not is entirely an opinion, you just stated that your opinion is fact. Suddenly, your opinion looks entirely meaningless and uptight.

First off, it's a survival, the hands-down worst gamemode. I like extermination, sabotages are cool, spys are okay, deception isn't too bad, I love defenses, and excavations I don't care for, but I don't hate them either. Anyway, back to main point of this, it's a survival against the infested, and further more, you have to stay at least 30 minutes to get the rewards (which IMO aren't even worth the fight). I'd rather solo a T4 survival to 30, than against infested. It's all fine and dandy until about 12 minutes in, when they eat your power so fast you pick up an energy orb and you're back to 0 in less than a second.

Then there's the thing that really agitated me: You have to be alive for the 30 minute mark to receive the rewards. I did this god-awful survival with a friend, but I used the last revive of my Rhino Prime at the 27 minute mark, he extracts, we both have a mission score of 30:40, he gets the rewards, I don't. I look at the nav, my best score is 1238 or something like that, even though I got the mission score of over 30 minutes, I don't get the rewards because I was unable to be alive for the 30 min mark. So that's really painful, with Cryotic Front, one the run of 3 or 5k whatever it was, I did it with two randoms, they died 5 minutes in and never revived, I carried us to victory, they got the rewards. With Gate Crash, on the last one, me and another player of the group (3 total 2 died, 1 survived) died, and we all got the rewards. But no, not on this, the worst of the events, no, for this, you must be front and center to get them.

Then there is the other 'rewards': the Tethra mods, which "have a potential of dropping during rotation C" and in RNG language that translates to "Don't drop at all, here have a T1 you can add to your collection of about 100"

End rant.

EDIT: Got it done using Valkyr, with the help of another Valkyr, and a Nekros. 

I did it with Excalibur and four pugs, who I think were Rhinos and a Limbo, at 300 300 health shields, respectively. I made it to about 43 minutes. Personal best of 2609. There is no reason to be complaining. It is grueling. The Moas keep you down whilst doing constant damage, draining energy and buffing enemies with armor and ancient healers further buff the enemies and brood mothers also do constant damage... But it's only on PAPER that it seems as bad as it is. In reality, if you just roll when something is about to hit you, you have to worry about little to nothing. I've done about seven thirty minute matches with said Excalibur, going to the 35 minute mark everytime. If I can do it, you can do it. If I can do it with a non-super caster Excalibur with only about 900 ehp, you can do it with just about anything. 

The only issue I had with the event was dying failed the mission objective for you.  I found that to be inconsistent with the rest of the Survival missions.  If they made the same change to the normal game mode I'd be okay with it, I guess.  But I'm weird.  .-.

That mission is easy, take 2-3 CC 'frames and then a damage 'frame.  Make sure you have several Energy Restores and Health Restores as well, although Ammo Restores wouldn't hurt either.  Completed my first run at 40 minutes with a Nyx, Oberon, Nova and Mag (me) and my last run was 50 minutes with me running Nova, then a Valkyr, Ember and Saryn.  Only reason we left at 50 was because I had work.

Mission is easily done with some preplanning.

Edited by Noamuth

I can't say I found it all that hard, but it was probably down to playing with friends.

Trin, Booben, Nekros and Nova 

We had to leave at 50 mins due to the host having stability problems and we were lagging badly.  The Nova had to go AFK for the last 15 mins or so.

We got none of the Electric mod drops during this game and I was too bored to try again as I already have them.