Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival In Space?

Awoken_Being

We need more Archwing modes, I just don't know how Survival could logically be applied.

Well, the premise for Survival boils down to 'Perform [Action] with [Object] to prevent [Consequence] long enough to earn loot.'

It obviously didnt work on planetary tilesets, but i think it can be adapted for the Archwing setting.

Edited by Dualstar

I would like to see some non combat roles applied to arch wing. Maybe darvo has setup and obstacle course and has challenged the tenno to see who can get thru the corse the fastest. There can be different courses from space rings to trench runs, speed need not be the only factor here.

The big issue with any 'defense' mode is that a number of Archwing enemies have explosive attacks and the large number of spawns with the greater depth of movement in the missions would make proper navigation and reactions to be difficult.

Although even with that I could see excavation working out rather decently, the only issue being how one acquired power cells.

Well survival is generally a mode to get as enough life support to survive as long as possible, while an artifact team in the background, secretly steals loot. In Archwing this can be a real thing if DE created a game mode where you escape a ship after a sabotage mission, only to have your oxygen tanks in the Archwing, damaged by the explosion of extracting from the exploding ship. The artifact team that normally finds the rewards in normal survivals will be on a separated part of the exploded ship. This part separated from the ship before the explosion in order for the Grineer/Corpus/Orokin to keep their loot basically. Your job would be to protect this ship while the artifact team extracts valuable items for the Tenno. But you have to do this all while having damaged oxygen tanks. All enemies killed will drop some form of oxygen restores for you to keep filling the leaking tank. Eventually once you hit a certain point that you believe you cannot continue, you extract and the artifact team extracts with you. All of you get picked up by Ordis in a small Tenno transport ship and flown into a nearby relay.

Wouldn't the next closest mode they could replicate be hijack or rescue?

Rescue mission would involve u going through an obstacles course and maybe having to destroy nodes to release the captive, then u would have to carry the rescue target back to extraction. The carrier would either consume stamina faster or lose some shielding as to direct power to keep the rescue target alive (so it matches with mag p codex entry)

Hijack mission would require you to take control of some kind important object and take it to extraction. While its moving, we would be constantly assaulted, and if he object gets damage, we have an option to direct all our shields and add it onto the object to replenish its shield

Edited by 321agemo

There's already a survival mission in the middle of some sunny desert ruins on Earth(?), anything is believable at this point.

AFAIK, Earth doesn't have a desert tile set, I think it's Mars.  Also, didn't DE convert all open tile Survivals to Excavation?  I'd have to spend some time looking but, I thought Excavations were DE's attempt to fix the whole "It's a planet, why is the air off?" thing.

I think the Interceptions are DE's answer to outer space Survivals.  Our Warframes don't need Life Support now, why would they need it on one specific tile set?

Asteroid Excavations would be fun though...

Make it so there is something that explodes and instead of Lotus dropping life support capsules, it's signal jammer capsules and mobs drop signal jammer modules. Just like you need life support in regular survival, you have to keep the signal jammer percent up. No idea what explodes if you reach 0%, maybe everything around you and you fail. Just the start of an idea for Archwing survival.

But yeah, really need more mission types and more mission nodes. Since you're pretty much stuck playing Erpo or Caelus right now, which gets boring after awhile.

We really need to copy these already tired modes to archwings?

>____>

pls no.

We need to stop offering DE free meal tickets and demand something new.

Like i want to just do the same old f***ing BS in an archwing.

THINK BIG!!!

#2015nocopypasta

Edited by fractal_magnets