Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alternate Ordis Voices

SeargantHaztagazpacho

I want ordis to sound like gilliam from outlaw star.

waiting for "mute Ordis" button 

- was cool in the start - but damn - if I have to hear him say "thought you'd like to know" one more time I might just lose my frigid blast!!! 

you can mute ordis, under game setting, ordis volume.

Perhaps having two or three alternatives to Ordis would be nice. Wouldn't want to do any more than that though otherwise it would start to turn into Portal.

Though it is highly unlikely we will ever see such an option. The amount of voice work, processing and rigging would be immense if you were just to add one alternative, when that time, money, and manpower in the booth and behind the LS could be spent on much more important and worthwhile projects.

Perhaps having two or three alternatives to Ordis would be nice. Wouldn't want to do any more than that though otherwise it would start to turn into Portal.

Though it is highly unlikely we will ever see such an option. The amount of voice work, processing and rigging would be immense if you were just to add one alternative, when that time, money, and manpower in the booth and behind the LS could be spent on much more important and worthwhile projects.

True, but what if DE used the talents here in the community?  Choosing who will be Ordis' alternate voices could be the next big event.

I'm, personally, want to replace Lotus with Ordis, he was great in Limbo Theorem quest, like a fresh air after all those "This is Grineer" by Lotus.

I would love give my platinum for it

remember talk about Darvo replacing Lotus? i see him as announcer pack too.

True, but what if DE used the talents here in the community?  Choosing who will be Ordis' alternate voices could be the next big event.

That would be even more difficult than handling it in-house.

When recording LS, especially vocal work, the studio you work in is usually highly fine-tuned in shape, size, dampening factor, and other important variables that restrict your input material to a very specific set of parameters to ensure you record the richest and most ideal sound possible for your medium. An even more importantly than that, it has to be consistent from recording to recording.

The reason why sound studios are so elaborate and expensive is because the cardinal rule of recording is to get the best recording out of the gate - because there are things even world-class studios with the best engineers can't fix if the recording is poor. I dunno about you, but even I, a guy with thousands of dollars of audio and recording equipment lying about in my house, am not remotely equipped to reproduce the recording quality or consistency needed to achieve the same level of professionalism that a voice set like Ordis requires.

Events/contests are great for things like the Radio Chatter type stuff, but on the scale of recording hundreds - yes, hundreds - of lines flawlessly? You'd be hard pressed to find people in the community that would be able to pull that off.

Edited by DJ_Redwire

When recording LS, especially vocal work, the studio you work in is usually highly fine-tuned in shape, size, dampening factor, and other important variables that keep restrict your input material to a very specific set of parameters to ensure you record the richest and most ideal sound possible for your medium. An even more importantly than that, it has to be consistent from recording to recording.

The reason why sound studios are so elaborate and expensive is because the cardinal rule of recording is to get the best recording out of the gate - because there are things even world-class studios with the best engineers can't fix if the recording is poor. I dunno about you, but even I, a guy with thousands of dollars of audio and recording equipment lying about in my house, am not remotely equipped to reproduce the recording quality or consistency needed to achieve the same level of professionalism that a voice set like Ordis requires.

Events/contests are great for things like the Radio Chatter type stuff, but on the scale of recording hundreds - yes, hundreds - of lines flawlessly? You'd be hard pressed to find people in the community that would be able to pull that off.

Fair enough.  ^.^

When recording LS, especially vocal work, the studio you work in is usually highly fine-tuned in shape, size, dampening factor, and other important variables that restrict your input material to a very specific set of parameters to ensure you record the richest and most ideal sound possible for your medium. An even more importantly than that, it has to be consistent from recording to recording.

Plus, what about updating the voice for future events? What if the community member stops playing?

No Joe Pesci?

"What's the mattah with you? You payin' attention we're gonna go into the ship! That's your problem, you're too busy fidgeting with your gold guns and stuff. 200 meters, 50 meters NOW WE MISSED IT! NOW WE MISSED IT! We're gonna have to make a u-turn and use your Archwing and deal with Corpus, who knows what they'll do? Why am I here? Tell me why I'm here, get me out of this ship! Darvo!"