Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do You Like Archwing And Archwing Missions?

Noioiy

Hello Tenno (Brothers/Sisters)!

So, I've been reading a lot of threads (past weeks and some time) about archwings and I see a lot of mixed reactions when asked 'Do you like archwings?' And I really wanna know why do you people like archwing (so much)?

For me, well, whenever I load into an archwing mission, the 1st thing that comes to my mind is 'I am free'

As corny as it may sound, I do feel this way. I like to fly around in open space and often feel like I can just keep drifting in the vast emptiness of space. And ofc it is a nice change after the regular gameplay.

So, I'd like to know, people who like archwing, why do you like it? What is your reason to play it more that say.. 5 times a day?

Share pls? Also, people who doesn't like archwings, I'l probably make a thread about why you don't like it so, stay tuned I guess!

Happy Flying tenno ♥

[size=1]I apologise for my English is not so polished[/size]

I do like it. I wish there were a few more options for weapons and Archwings and easier ways to access them, but it's still a VERY new mode and I'd probably have said the same about Original mode if I hadn't come in when there were already enough frames to shake two very large sticks at.

Edited by Morec0

I am one of those hopeful that Archwing and its mission will have its glory.

DE just really need to find some more inspiration and coding to make everything smooth. Especially movements and evasive maneuvers. It's either tight, or doesn't work (like sprint barrel roll)

The flight should be as smooth as that scene on Wall-E where Wall-E ane EVE were flying around the space. I don't even care about the drop rate of mods and parts. I just wanna thrust like a space butterfly and shoot like a interceptor unit.

Well...

- It's a change of pace from normal mission. Something new to tweak.

- Reminds me of ZOE and flight games

- Despite it's problems and wackiness, it has potential to become awesome

- After curb-stomping almost everything in the game for god knows how long, experiencing again the sense of danger and threat (other than meta-T4 enemies) actually kinda re-ignite my passion about this game. Even though I didn't have any strong case of burnout, yet.

Edited by Lorche

Itzal made me like Archwing more. :v And once I started farming and getting more better weapons, it just became much more satisfying @_@

Same here. Itzal made it a load more fun the first skill together with the already higher base mobility makes it really fun to use.

For me, well, whenever I load into an archwing mission, the 1st thing that comes to my mind is 'I am free'

As corny as it may sound, I do feel this way. I like to fly around in open space and often feel like I can just keep drifting in the vast emptiness of space. And ofc it is a nice change after the regular gameplay.

Yea me too :p

ZOE.

Nuff said.

Indeed, using Itzal's Blink and meleeing everything in sight reminds me of fighting Anubis in ZOE 2. I'm just waiting for Archwing to become of an more integral part of WF now, as it feels somewhat detached for the rest of the game.

I hope they make Archwing missions in the future challenging, running Uranus Interceptions is the most fun I'd have in awhile.

Edited by Man_In_Suitcase

I love it because I feel like I can have One Winged Angel playing in the background and be justified in doing so. Oversized sword and Angel of Death motif (I run Nekros, fully colored white, and have blackened wings splashed with blood to complete the look). I love just sailing into a group of enemies and mashing E until nothing's moving.

Makes me think of a line from a video series I've watched recently... "W...what's a 'blood rage?' And why don't I remember anything?" I feel like I can almost apply that to my frame after any massacre.

Also, the Velocitus spits some beautiful numbers. It makes me understand why people love bows so much. And the Spartan Lase-I mean, the Opticor.

Space combat has always been my thing. 3 dimensional movement has always been a draw for me. Ever since the first X-Wing game, I have played space combat games as often as I could get them.

I am not generally a close range dogfighter unless I have no choice. I MUCH prefer to shoot with a rapid fire weapon from long range and watch enemies melt. Or pick my target, lead it just right, aim carefully and bam! One more kill.

It has it's problems, but it is VERY much like Warframe was when it came out of Closed Beta.

People just have no patience these days. They want everything PERFECT and NOW. No surprise there.

Edited by Kalenath

For me, it's a nice change of pace every once in a while.

I think the open space missions need a bit of work to make them more interesting, as it's mostly a numbers game there (not much strategy or interaction with the environment). The event's mission type spices it up a bit with the Fomorian laser threat and the Zeplens. Those additions will be great when some of the kinks are worked out (loading dead into a mission, lasers targeting downed allies). The trench runs are great just like they are.

Edited by Kontrollo

Like others have said - it's a big change of pace, which is really nice after some time spent grinding void or whatever. Also I love being able to fly really really fast smashing my way through enemies as I go :D

While I admit it has rough edges, and theres a definite "ugh" period at the beginning where it feels like starting from scratch cos you dont own any mods, that part passes really quickly - especially now the mods drop often as end of mission rewards.