Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Capes/cloaks: Would They Fit In Warframe?

Yazeth

More customization is always a good thing, so I'd vote "yes" conceptually, but it'd be a clipping catastrophe. Realistically, there's no way this could happen and look even close to acceptable in quality. Technologically, I don't see this happening any time soon.

More customization is always a good thing, so I'd vote "yes" conceptually, but it'd be a clipping catastrophe. Realistically, there's no way this could happen and look even close to acceptable in quality. Technologically, I don't see this happening any time soon.

real cloth physics maybe

Would love to see cloaks and capes implemented. I find them to fit very well with the scout/sniper/marksman archetype. With different camo patters, dazzle style, urban, jungle, etc.

On the other hand is the clipping issue, but even so, would love to be able to have my loki, frost or mesa with a camo cloak, or scarf-cloak covering the whole back and shoulders.

Devs could make some cash with it and those of us who actually like it could have some extra eyecandy for our wardrobe heroes.

It works in Destiny because the Hunter uses a pistol that is not holstered on his back. But all the Primary and Melee weapons in Warframe are back-mounted. So there is absolutely no way capes like that could work.

I'm pretty sure the Titan and Warlock class don't have capes because they don't use pistols.

While you are correct the Hunter class holster their Hand-cannons on the hip, everything else is not.(Since class are not locked into weapon types) So Scouts, Pulse, Snipers, etc are still holstered on the back.

@OP I would like the idea of Shoulder type cloaks for Syndicates.

Tengu147, on 05 Jan 2015 - 9:16 PM, said:

It works in Destiny because the Hunter uses a pistol that is not holstered on his back. But all the Primary and Melee weapons in Warframe are back-mounted. So there is absolutely no way capes like that could work.

I'm pretty sure the Titan and Warlock class don't have capes because they don't use pistols.

Hunters use rifles just as much as the other classes, and the "Golden gun" is only used by one of two subclasses (the Gunslinger, as opposed to the Blade Dancer).

Similarly, Warlocks wear longcoats, yet they can use the hand cannon weapons (which are hip holstered) without issues.

While you are correct the Hunter class holster their Hand-cannons on the hip, everything else is not.(Since class are not locked into weapon types) So Scouts, Pulse, Snipers, etc are still holstered on the back.

@OP I would like the idea of Shoulder type cloaks for Syndicates.

Hunters use rifles just as much as the other classes, and the "Golden gun" is only used by one of two subclasses (the Gunslinger, as opposed to the Blade Dancer).

Similarly, Warlocks wear longcoats, yet they can use the hand cannon weapons (which are hip holstered) without issues.

I stand corrected. Idon't actually play Destiny so I really don't know much about the gameplay.

Thanks for the info.

I'd like to see a sort of one-shoulder cape with a hood. 

in fact i had an idea for a stealth Sentinel that instead of hovering over your character, attached on to you, looking like a hood with a small cape over one shoulder. It's stealth part would be that it uses holograms and "hardlight" to disguise your character to look like someone from a hostile faction in a mission (so in Invasion missions it would make you look like the side you chose to fight against) And it could be one of the first sentinels without any kind of offensive capability. Haven't come up with a second ability yet. 

Two words: Clipping Issues.

Though Pyra Prime is somewhat close to being a proper cape. A damn sight closer than any other syanada in the game at any rate.

Does DE even care about clipping anymore. Loki Prime's stealth spikes would seem to indicate no. Every primary, most melee, and quite a few secondaries clip with him.

Every time someone brings up capes, all I can see is me doing a backflip and then having my cape draped over my face for the rest of the mission.

That has actually happened to me several times with my Misa Prime Syandana. It's somewhat difficult to make happen, but it does indeed happen at times.

Edited by Tymerc

That has actually happened to me several times with my Misa Prime Syandana. It's somewhat difficult to make happen, but it does indeed happen at times.

And would only be made MORE ridiculous with a cape.

Or proper cape, depending on how you see Misa Prime.

Edited by Morec0

And would only be made MORE ridiculous with a cape.

Or proper cape, depending on how you see Misa Prime.

It would make for a good laugh though.

Yeah, I do see the Misa Prime Syandana as the closest thing to a cape, but an actual cape would be much more ridiculous.

so... a syandana?

Yeah, but a cloth-looking one. I call that a thin cape because, you know, it's a thin cape...

Oh, about this excuse for no capes - clipping - everything clips in this game. It's unavoidable. Primary and Secondary weapons clip all the time. Get over it. That's no reason not to have capes.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

it dont need to be a full cape , something like this with sindicate symbol on it would look pretty sick and probaly wont have the risk as a full cape have to go all crazy when u jump or do something , it would be exclusive for sindicates it would be one more thing to motivate people rep farmkaincomposite3dcoatimag.png

Edited by MrKage