Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Noob And Empty Starcharts

air2ground

many people who start the game pretty much have to play the entire star char solo cause few players play star chart. Most of the time this is too much for a noob with starter gear and I personally feel that soloing is way harder because you can't have a teammate revive you. To, make it easier on noob I suggest giving planets ai squads as long as public is on and not soloing. At least in this way completing the star chart would be a lot easier.

Implementation of this would not be so bad because these bots could just random spectors and if someone does join the game just have the spectors expire upon the other guy spawning in.

As for preventing people from abusing this or wanting to play solo just have at the beginning of the mission have ordis ask the player if they would like assistance and have the player choose how many bots they want to bring and have each bot be a 25% or less drain on mission rewards.

What do you guys think?

( unrelated but the thought of ordis controlling 3 tenno spectors is both interesting and terrifying)

Edited by air2ground

I think a better alternative would be to have a tutoring system implemented in the game. This way, veteran players that wished to help newbies could volunteer as "tutors" or something of the sort, and then new players could then ask for a tutor to help them. Then, an available tutor would take up his request (out of a list or something, probably) and go help him. Using this system, the game could automatically group them together to avoid any hassle, and just go from there.

I think a better alternative would be to have a tutoring system implemented in the game. This way, veteran players that wished to help newbies could volunteer as "tutors" or something of the sort, and then new players could then ask for a tutor to help them. Then, an available tutor would take up his request (out of a list or something, probably) and go help him. Using this system, the game could automatically group them together to avoid any hassle, and just go from there.

Yeah and do something like tutor reputation system where you can buy tutor icon pack or smth

nothing combat vise

just something to brag about

''hi i got this ico pack for 15000helps'' oh so cool SO cOOl

'Find A Lone Tenno' feature would also aid in this issue. I'm an MR17 player with around 700 in game hours logged, and I want to help new players. I run a ghost clan aimed at picking up new bloods who need help, but.... I would appreciate new and more effective tools to help new players.

The tutor system is an awful idea as the way you proposed it.

Because here's the thing (Edit because someone is offended by caps.)

Both of these options can co-exist. There's no reason for choosing one over the other. It's like telling me to choose between a pair of mittens and a pair of socks.

I suggest you accept the OP's idea, and add your own. Then we have TWO DIFFERENT solutions to one problem, instead of fighting over which solution is correct.

Edited by Sir_NoScope

A notion I've had in the past but even I'm not completely sold on yet, was to offer "campaigns" for finishing a planet.  Instead of hourly alerts that takes place on a single mission node and then you're done, campaigns would be offered once a day and give you a much more significant reward for playing an entire planet's worth of nodes from start to finish.  The specific planet on offer would be random per player, so there should always be at least SOME people playing through each planet.

I don't think there is a issue for noobs even in beginning to solo, for instance the first time I have played ( solo ) I have no problem. Until I went on corpus ship where I kinda said @!#$ there hp is to high!!!!! And then later I found out it just because I haven't modded anything yet even tho I have the mods to do so! Lol ( stupid newbie I were ) but really I think newbies are fine~ and they can play long enough to go for higher planet solo it not like they can finish all in a day right? Where's the fun in that.

i would love this. i usaully just go to region or recruiting chat and say any new players need help and get 3 msgs every time

The tutor system is an awful idea as the way you proposed it.

Because here's the thing

BOTH OF THESE OPTIONS CAN CO-EXIST. THERE'S NO REASON FOR CHOOSING ONE OVER THE OTHER. IT'S LIKE TELLING ME TO CHOOSE BETWEEN A PAIR OF MITTENS AND A PAIR OF SOCKS.

I suggest you accept the OP's idea, and add your own. Then we have TWO DIFFERENT solutions to one problem, instead of fighting over which solution is correct.

Fighting? Who's fighting? We're not fighting over anything, he just gave his idea and I gave mine. On the other hand, you're speaking in caps, which is internet-speak for yelling. If anyone asks me, the one who's fighting is you.

A tutor system would most definitely not be an awful idea. Unless you'd like to elaborate further than "your idea sucks"?

why not address the problem itself?

lots of random repeat Missions that nobody plays more than once because there's no reason to.

so the problem with finding Squads, is (assuming their home network isn't all kinds of screwed up) largely due to playing Missions that nobody has a reason to play.

like Mods, we have quite a few dead in the water 'pointless' Missions on the Solar Map.

i'm not suggesting everything should turn into Endless, but Quality over Quantity. instead of having three or four of the same Gamemode Type on a Planet, why not one or two, but make them a lot more interesting to play?

I remember when I was new I'd basically just find a squad of other people about my level and run a planet with them. I think it would be great to encourages this kind of thing rather than sending someone whose gear is much better to come tearing through.

I usually beef up my frame's health and shields bring a powerful secondary and keep everything else basic. That way if we run into trouble I can protect them, and if not than I don't make them feel wimpy or underpowered.

I remember when I was new I'd basically just find a squad of other people about my level and run a planet with them. I think it would be great to encourages this kind of thing rather than sending someone whose gear is much better to come tearing through.

well such thing would not remove Recruiting chat so you could still do that

but there is that more comfy opinion to call UBERTUBERLUBERBIEBERGODZILA39104 to kill everything under 30 seconds

well such thing would not remove Recruiting chat so you could still do that

but there is that more comfy opinion to call UBERTUBERLUBERBIEBERGODZILA39104 to kill everything under 30 seconds

I had not thought of it from this perspective. That would make me a sad Tenno.

Fighting? Who's fighting? We're not fighting over anything, he just gave his idea and I gave mine. On the other hand, you're speaking in caps, which is internet-speak for yelling. If anyone asks me, the one who's fighting is you.

A tutor system would most definitely not be an awful idea. Unless you'd like to elaborate further than "your idea sucks"?

You called your option "A Better Alternative".

I spoke in caps as I was stunned at how you seemed unable to grasp that your ideas were two solutions that did not conflict with eachother. Change "A Better Alternative" to "In Addition You Could". This way, you don't seem like you're not using your noggin.

You called your option "A Better Alternative".

I spoke in caps as I was stunned at how you seemed unable to grasp that your ideas were two solutions that did not conflict with eachother. Change "A Better Alternative" to "In Addition You Could". This way, you don't seem like you're not using your noggin.

My opinion is that that's a better alternative. That's the end of that. I don't know why you think you have any say over other people's opinion.

My opinion is that that's a better alternative. That's the end of that. I don't know why you think you have any say over other people's opinion.

It's not an alternative. They both can exist together. You should promote his idea and your own, instead of just one. That way, you're twice as likely to get at least one fix, and have a shot at getting double the fix.

Whole progression is a mess and needs reworking. Again.

Its all made up to hinder new players progress and keep them on low level planets until they get some decent mods ( funny tho, some of mods needed drop from mobs on planets that are hard to go ). Whole progression path is done wrong.

In terms of difficulty, players new players will find some Earth missions impossible and they can get on Earth in 1 or 2 days of playing. What they should do then? Stick on Mercury and Venus for 2 weeks before they get enough credits and and cores to upgrade their mods? And frames placement is also done completely wrong as one of the worst meta frames is on Venus.

What DE should do? Rework entry planets and drops on them. Place 3 entry frames on Venus, Earth and Mars so new players can easily farm new frame if they made a mistake when choosing starting one. Give new players 5xrare resource ( every type ) once per clearing all missions on starting planets to ease their progression. Same with cores, 50 uncommon cores per clearing starting planets.

I love this proposition and am all for it.

As for the Mentor helping Newbies... I get the feeling that if someone like me ends up mentoring a newbie, I'll end up bringing a rep farming excal and nuking the whole star chart for him-or even bringing some moderately powered gear that still deals 100x damage compared to his weapons. Yeah... Not fun...