Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #44 Overview Pretty Much Leaked The Return Of Raids!

UnknownBlademaster

Yes, raids was a mission type before they removed them.

Probley the most easiest and fastest type of mission there was.

I think OP is talking about the 8-man missions that were slightly discussed in the last Devstream, not the old gamemode, since I don't remember them ever mentioning that old gamemode in the stream.

I think OP is talking about the 8-man missions that were slightly discussed in the last Devstream, not the old gamemode, since I don't remember them ever mentioning that old gamemode in the stream.

Return doesn't mean the-return-of-the-exact-old-raids-we-had-before, but reworked raids. Something along the lines of Tenno-working-together-to-beat-evolving-missions-with-super-hard-boss(es)-at-the-end-for-godlike-loot type of Raids.

Agree with this.

[DE]Steve didn't leak info. He dropped a bomb.

The bomb thing is a leak for Sentients. It is the most logical assumption, since they all are hiding in their separate galaxy behind the Outer Terminus, and Corpus have been repairing it for long enough. Unless DE for some reason creates a whole new faction, because that's possible too - most of the lore is getting re-written anyways.

Return doesn't mean the-return-of-the-exact-old-raids-we-had-before, but reworked raids. Something along the lines of Tenno-working-together-to-beat-evolving-missions-with-super-hard-boss(es)-at-the-end-for-godlike-loot type of Raids.

I don't think that these Raids are gonna be anything like the old gamemode. What you described is not anything like the old gamemode, meaning it couldn't return because its never existed.

Yes, raids was a mission type before they removed them.

Probley the most easiest and fastest type of mission there was.

Raids in this context means something entirely different.

A raid is a type of mission in a video game in which a very large number of people (larger than the normal team size set by the game) attempt to defeat a boss monster. This type of objective is most common in MMORPGs, where the servers are designed to handle the number of users, and usually but not necessarily occurs within an Instance dungeon. (Sourced from Wikipedia)
Edited by Zeromanicus

The word "return" is NOT accurate at all in this context. The old game mode for "Raid" was basically Capture with a target that can't run away. It was bland, it was boring, it was an insult to the word Raid (even if it fits the technical definition).

What we'll be getting is raids on the ACTUAL MMO scale. As in, big dungeons full of powerful enemies and unique loot. With big bosses that will most likely end up being bags of hit points because that's how DE rolls.

How many god damn topics are we going to see about this "8-player-raids" thing, yet we don't know anything about it other than it's gonna be 8 players, and Steve referred to it as raids. 

To be fair, the OP is way off base, so really this thread has very little to do with 8 man raids.