The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

You are perpetuating the exact problem I've pointed out. Thank you for the example

Oh please. Your OP is crap. They could've made a goldfish-looking frame and you'd be saying the same thing.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Oh please. Your OP is crap. They could've made a goldfish-looking frame and you'd be saying the same thing.

I'm sorry that you don't understand that multiple cultures don't use the same design for a dragon.

Well unless you haven't been reading clearly there are people that like the design and feel that way, so no the team hasn't failed their goal.

The utter ridiculouness of that last sentence is, sincerely, self-explanatory.

As far as I'm concerned and from what I saw, not many people were exited to see Chroma and we're talking about a whole room of people here. Having defended dragon frame religiously in both clanchat and alliancechat, before reveal that is, I can assure you that my disappointment and anger is beyond limits. Now I'm just left with a metric fuckton of platinum that I won't use.

I'm sorry that you don't understand that multiple cultures don't use the same design for a dragon.

I've seen plenty of different culture designs for dragons. This frame isn't any of them. But like I said elsewhere, I don't care. I wasn't too interested in the frame anyway. Just stop pretending like it looks like a dragon. It really doesn't.

If they were going for an eastern feel then the missed that target as well. The eastern celestial dragons are supposed to be powerful and sinuous. The current design looks like someone started the body with a European dragon in mind then said "F*** it. Let's make it 'unique' by giving it a head that kinda-sorta looks vaguely eastern but not really. Oh look at this picture of an anteater I found on google. This is cool."

edit: It is especially annoying since the name "Chroma" implies a d&d chromatic dragon which is very definitely based on European mythology. If they are going to use such an iconic image then they should have just stuck with the theme insead of trying to mash a bunch of different things together to get something that resembles nothing and feels kinda meh.

Edited by HuangZilong

I've seen plenty of different culture designs for dragons. This frame isn't any of them. But like I said elsewhere, I don't care. I wasn't too interested in the frame anyway. Just stop pretending like it looks like a dragon. It really doesn't.

You keep saying it doesn't look like a dragon but you seem very aware that dragons don't have a universal depiction. I hope you understand that the Tenno have their own culture and, with that in mind, won't have the same depictions as a culture that you've heard of before.

Well unless you haven't been reading clearly there are people that like the design and feel that way, so no the team hasn't failed their goal.

The utter ridiculouness of that last sentence is, sincerely, self-explanatory.

As someone earlier pointed out, seahorses are also referred to as sea dragons. I have to say I admire Mynki for going in such a different direction, which he always has striven to do.

Looks like a dragon to me. 

Stop telling others how they should feel about the design and whether it looks like a dragon to them.

We learned that a lot of Tenno unfortunately have no appreciation for art and creativity and the work behind things to ring ideas to life. 

How does chroma look bad? What where you expecting? 

Have any of you every heard of Panzer Dragoon Orta? 

Have any of you ever read up on Dragons in different mythologies?

Does no one here notice the similarities between him and the sentients in design? 

Chroma is one of the strongest if not the strongest currently known Warframes to date, lore wise. 

And his design is VERY creative whether you want to admit it or not. 

People have no chill. :/

Im gonna take this opportunity to express my enjoyment at being with DE at tennolive yesterday! The 6 hour commute was worth it!

sure it is not any of them, it is mix of them

it just looks terrible, but still a dragon

Edited by akira_him

I'm going to assume his alt helm will be good, since that's the main issue most people seem to have.

The only other thing I dislike about the frame the hunchback stance it uses, which is something I can also change.

Also, I don't see any sentient similarity. People having no chill is a good thing, if all we did was compliment something then no progress would be made.

You keep saying it doesn't look like a dragon but you seem very aware that dragons don't have a universal depiction. I hope you understand that the Tenno have their own culture and, with that in mind, won't have the same depictions as a culture that you've heard of before.

You're using that as an excuse to essentially say "Anything can be a dragon". Yeah, I can say that in the future, a dragon could be depicted like a car. Should I then proceed to design a dragon frame that looks like a car?

Looks like a dragon to me. 

Stop telling others how they should feel about the design and whether it looks like a dragon to them.

Then stop trying to tell me and others that we should like this design and that it looks like a dragon to us.

with the release of the Zephyr warframe, did you really expect Chroma to look even remotely similar to the original concept? if you thought it would, you havent been paying attention.

Mynki obviously wants to push the art team in a direction that isnt the fan concepts and go somewhere different. instead of getting the wind elemental that the original Zephyr was, we recieved an "Mynkified" avian, synonymous to the element of air. instead of a sinister dragon that you'd expect from a fantasy, Mynki delved into mythological dragons and took a more Eastern vision. the original concept looked more like shelled dragon. the concept Mynki went with looks like a more organic alien creature with few dragon-like features. the ridges on the arms give a more serpentine appearance while the long slender snout gives it resemblance to ancient Eastern dragons. of course, this appearance is confused for that of a seahorse or anteater, but thats on Mynki for making it look such a way.

i understand that many of you find it hard to see anything dragon-like in this frame; it takes an awful lot of consideration to see it, but i feel it's unfair to completely deny the dragon-like nature of it's appearance, even if Mynki failed at it.

personally, i dont mind the design. it looks weird, but what would you expect from a game that revolves around wierd aesthetics?

I think you mistook 'weird aesthetics' for 'Eastern dragons'.

Here's an image of a typical Eastern dragon.

Dragon-II-l.jpg

Serpentine body, scales, small wings, small legs, similar head to European dragons but with whiskers.

Chroma: no scales, no wings, huge flubber on arms and legs, that unicorn-horn-aardvark-snout thingy, it's nothing like ANY type of dragon, trust me.

I'm actually from Hong Kong, and Eastern dragons are EVERYWHERE in our Cantonese restaurants; gold painted, main colors are red and green, eyes are light bulbs of either red or green, and it's a recurring theme, even in our own Hong Kong history, like the name of Kowloon (gou long, literally nine dragons).

So, no, your point of him being inspired by Eastern dragons is invalid, because I cannot see any inspiration from Eastern dragons anywhere in that pile of bile.

Edited by HatchetHaro

I agree

02.jpg

Beautiful

FIoyGkt.gif?1

Just would like to point out that you do what people do with the media you get a piece of information and run with it rather than see the whole story. 

It's been pointed out many times already that it's essentially a horn on top of his head and that his actual face lies beneath. Please give the old and dried out jokes a rest?

Then stop trying to tell me and others that we should like this design and that it looks like a dragon to us.

No one is telling you to like it. We're simply defending it and saying why it looks like a dragon to us. Yet here you are saying that "Stop pretending it's a dragon" right in front of our faces.

Jesus christ, you people try to paint us as the villains in this.

Edited by ScrublordPrime

You're using that as an excuse to essentially say "Anything can be a dragon". Yeah, I can say that in the future, a dragon could be depicted like a car. Should I then proceed to design a dragon frame that looks like a car?

You're using a strawman here, just thought you should be aware of that.

You're ignoring the fact that the Tenno have a culture and that, with any culture, will have a differing depiction of what is what. Vehicles are actually a neat example to use. There are plenty of different automobile companies yet their products look quite different from other another company's.

I think you mistook 'weird aesthetics' for 'Eastern dragons'.

Here's an image of a typical Eastern dragon.

Dragon-II-l.jpg

Serpentine body, scales, small wings, small legs, similar head to European dragons but with whiskers.

Chroma: no scales, no wings, huge flubber on arms and legs, that unicorn-horn-aardvark-snout thingy, it's nothing like ANY type of dragon, trust me.

I'm actually from Hong Kong, and Eastern dragons are EVERYWHERE in our Cantonese restaurants; gold painted, main colors are red and green, eyes are light bulbs of either red or green, and it's a recurring theme, even in our own Hong Kong history, like the name of Kowloon (gou long, literally nine dragons).

So, no, your point of him being inspired by Eastern dragons is invalid, because I cannot see any inspiration from Eastern dragons anywhere in that pile of bile.

Yep. Chroma doesn't look like that. Wyrm Prime looks like it's inspired by that. But not Chroma.