The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Uh yeah the basic pallette covers all of it..You're just choosing to ignore it.

Fire,Ice,Electric,Toxin. 4 base elements. Blast, Viral,Radiation,Magnetic,Corrosion,Gas..6 advanced Elements. There are MORE than 10 colors open to everyone WITHOUT buying pallettes. This is even ASSUMING DE uses every element possible and not just a set base of say 4 or 5.

And now you're making a simple procedure more complicated unnecessarily...

A context button? no...just NO.

The main thing is here I don't see why the elemental damage type has to be tied to the energy color in the first place. If we're given free range to choose whatever elemental damage type (let's say the basic 4) via choosing a particular hue of color - wouldn't it just be simpler to have a little side-menu in the Abilities tab to select what type of elemental damage you want to do? That way, the concept of choosing an elemental for a particular situation is not lost, and people can choose whatever energy color they want to go along side it.

When Scott said Energy color =Element Damage my first thought was "this gon make people cry".....

My second thought was "This gon hurt customization"....

My THIRD was "I don't care I'll try it anyway!"

So far my first is dead on,My second is LIKELY right ( for that frame alone),and the third depends solely on DE not messing it up...

Edited by Chaosyn

Uh yeah the basic pallette covers all of it..You're just choosing to ignore it.

You have: 

- 4 colours for Fire (the top four). 

- 3 colours for Cold (the next three). 

- 2 colours for Toxin (the next two). 

- 2-3 colours for Electric (the next two or three). 

- 2-3 colours for either Blast or more Fire (cannot decide for that). 

- The other three colours are shades of grey, so that cannot really fit much into the elementals without making some sense. 

Keep in mind that we are talking about the initial colour palette, and if you went to actually make each colour in there represent a different element, then you end up having a huge restriction on customising the new Warframe. 

And now you're making a simple procedure more complicated unnecessarily...

A context button? no...just NO.

You tap the power key to change the second element, hold for 0.75s to cast the ability. Not that much as complicated. 

You have: 

- 4 colours for Fire (the top four). 

- 3 colours for Cold (the next three). 

- 2 colours for Toxin (the next two). 

- 2-3 colours for Electric (the next two or three). 

- 2-3 colours for either Blast or more Fire (cannot decide for that). 

- The other three colours are shades of grey, so that cannot really fit much into the elementals without making some sense. 

Keep in mind that we are talking about the initial colour palette, and if you went to actually make each colour in there represent a different element, then you end up having a huge restriction on customising the new Warframe. 

You tap the power key to change the second element, hold for 0.75s to cast the ability. Not that much as complicated. 

Ok. YOU are determining DEFINITIVELY what the colors will be,that is wrong. We don't know how many elements the frame will use.

There's going to be a restriction to customization no matter what. Energy= Element. DE Scott ALREADY said that.

Tapping one key to determine element and holding the same button to actually cast....That's just a disaster WAITING to flame DE.

Yeah...lets add a mechanic to ONE button so that it requires calm and some thought and then only have it usable in hectic combat...

That button won't miscast,people won't panic and cast the wrong element, and people won't blame DE for it....they'll take full responsibility...

/sarcasm

Ok. YOU are determining DEFINITIVELY what the colors will be,that is wrong. We don't know how many elements the frame will use.

You also do not know as well, so it can either go with what I posted or what you posted (and by elementals, it can be a valid assumption to state that he means all the elementals, not just the basic ones). In either case, both our models can show that there would be some problems with the colour = element mechanic. 

There's going to be a restriction to customization no matter what. Energy= Element. DE Scott ALREADY said that.

In which I am going off to reduce that restriction to acceptable levels. 

Tapping one key to determine element and holding the same button to actually cast....That's just a disaster WAITING to flame DE.

Yeah...lets add a mechanic to ONE button so that it requires calm and some thought and then only have it usable in hectic combat...

That button won't miscast,people won't panic and cast the wrong element, and people won't blame DE for it....they'll take full responsibility...

Calm and some thought?

All you have is just cycling through four elements for the second element just by tapping the thing, and that is really about it. And more often than not, players are going to cycle through that while actually not fighting. 

And the same goes for charge weapons that allow tapping to fire as well. Not many players seem to be as bothered with the Lanka's charge mechanic (or the Miter's, but then again, few players seem to use it). 

You also do not know as well, so it can either go with what I posted or what you posted (and by elementals, it can be a valid assumption to state that he means all the elementals, not just the basic ones). In either case, both our models can show that there would be some problems with the colour = element mechanic. 

In which I am going off to reduce that restriction to acceptable levels. 

Calm and some thought?

All you have is just cycling through four elements for the second element just by tapping the thing, and that is really about it. And more often than not, players are going to cycle through that while actually not fighting. 

And the same goes for charge weapons that allow tapping to fire as well. Not many players seem to be as bothered with the Lanka's charge mechanic (or the Miter's, but then again, few players seem to use it). 

ive already thought of two possibilitys,if its either of those,which there is a 50% chance it isnt either of them

it wont be terribly complicated at that rate if it is either of the possbilitys i thought up

also,you could just swap the chat summoner function to the enter key,like it is on alot of mmos,and have the 't' key bea special button,which in this case would be a element picker

Charge triggers are weak when just hit and strong when held fully but it is still one bullet.

You're talking tap to choose element and hold to cast in combat. Because no one has ever hit a button one too many times by accident or held when trying to tap or tapped when trying to hold,and lag has never messed up a button press.... ALL the blame for those mistakes will go right back at DE.

Sure...lets have everyone run for the empty room to pick an element or hide and make everyone else cover them until they make up their minds...

Or we could just have it set when you enter according to energy color....No muss no fuss no hiding no making people wait for you to pick.

And lets look at the elements we have already.

Frost=Ice

Ember=Fire

Volt=Electric

There's 3 elements that DON'T need to be done really since there are 3 Frames built on those elements and you don't want to duplicate already established frames.

So that leaves 7? Toxic and Viral, pick one they're similar. 6 left. Magnetic and blast affect the same enemy type,pick one. 5 left.

I never see gas damage and corrosive works better on infested.. drop gas,4 left.

The ONLY reason I bring those up is because I don't see DE making EVERY element into one frame....it's a bad idea really... You can have too many options...but,obviously,it's DE's call and we know nothing really. I can think of tons of ways to mess it up but only a few that work...But that's why I play and they create I guess...

I'm done with this thread. it is tiring and I lack the energy to keep typing. I gave my opinion.

You're talking tap to choose element and hold to cast in combat. 

In which it can still detect it despite lag?

I mean, almost all computers (and the broadband) can detect whether a player is tapping or holding down a button. Unless your computer and your broadband is rather crap, then maybe. 

Sure...lets have everyone run for the empty room to pick an element or hide and make everyone else cover them until they make up their minds...

Make up their minds?

You make it seem like it takes 10 seconds to actually do it. I mean, the scenario would most likely be as thus: 

Player (before entering a mission): Alright, so I chose Red as my energy colour. That means I can either deal Gas, Fire, Radiation, or Blast damage. 

(New Warframe tells the player the rotation of the elements when tapping the power key [for this case, let it be Toxin, Fire, Electric, and Cold]). 

Player (upon entering a mission [in which he would also know what faction he is fighting against]): Alright, so I am in a high-level Grineer Mission. That means I would be wanting to deal Radiation damage to kill off most things.

(Since for almost all missions, the player would not be attacked until a bit of time later, meaning he can use that time to actually change the elements). 

Really, holding down for a small bit is not going to kill an ability. If you are really that afraid of that, then that ability can always be bumped up in damage to compensate. 

I....I don't like this idea.

They removed stat hemets because they didnt want cosmetics to limit gameplay...and now we have to change our colors?

Bleaugh.

I imagine they'll use the standard color picker as the base colors with all variations of red being fire, blue being ice, etc.

So they shouldn't be forcing you to buy a color picker for it.

In my opinion what we should be expecting is for DE to have set things up so that the new frame picks between the 4 pure elements.

We should be expecting to see: Fire, Freeze, Shock, Toxin.

There isn't any good reason to assume he'll be capable of absolutely every element yet.

I imagine they'll use the standard color picker as the base colors with all variations of red being fire, blue being ice, etc.

So they shouldn't be forcing you to buy a color picker for it.

Exactly this.

How is this idea gonna work? Your colour BEFORE you start battle! That would be futile as there are better alternatives out there... fire damage is Ember turf, she even buffs it and fire weapons alongside all that means she is the queen of flames (as shes designed to be). Frost is here already, Volt is here already and Saryn too who hypothetically should do each element better.

New frames as such COULD be a jack of all trades master of none job which appeals but only and i mean only even if we are talking hypotheticals he/she can change it on the fly mid battle. He could finally be that DE gift to Ceres beacon farmers weve been crying out for all along (till we get Hydroid and stop caring). We could be way off the mark though here - DE is VERY excited about this concept every time theyve mentioned it, we will likely maybe not even see the reveal till the live devstream because of that in March. (remember focus is on buffing the quality of existing content this year not adding quantity of new content - a slow down of frame releases again is not too far fetched a possibility)

So Scott dropped this hint:

"With this warframe, you get different damage types depending on the power color." (need help on the exact quote here.

I think they're talking about a light based frame.

Just imagine the cool stuff they could do with not just stuff like camouflage, but things with UV-light, Infrared-light, etc.

Anyways, lets discuss the possibility's!

p.s. i did pause stream so i might have missed someone guessing the frame already.

EDIT: Ninja'd, probably best to merge or delete this threat.

itll encourage people to go out and buy color palettes

so I heard some of my clan mates talk about the new frame coming out, will it really be changed based on energy colour? Cause that could mess up my enter colour scheme, not to mention I usually forget to change certain parts of my loadout constantly.