The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

If it is light/prism based I will be a little sad :P

A light based frame is basically what Mirage is. Her ult is called PRISM (object that refracts light and makes various colors). Another will actually sadden me. One is more than enough. A shadow based frame would be great, or something. Something that screams "SUPER EDGY" would please my soul.

I'd like a proper light frame, NOT a trickster frame that throws a disco ball.

A disco ball that is a floating prism. Idk how much more light based you can get. Maybe later down the road, but to base a frame off of something so out there seems kinda silly to me.

What would a light frame do? Praise the sun and blind everything in the area? Excalibur does that already. Make people blow up from extreme heat? Ember has that covered. Shoot light based projectiles? Sounds like more than a couple of frames (frost, ember, volt). Release a stationary ball of light that kills people that come near it? Sounds like Mirage.

The process of making frames is difficult and takes lots of work. Making a frame that is so closely related to another is a great way to piss a lot of people off.

As a light based frame, mirage does it's job well. It uses light to confuse its' enemies by buffing itself and copying itself. Plus, the "disco ball" has amazing DPS. The only thing it has that isn't too useful is its' 2. It would be silly to say every frame has all useful abilities, though. Most of thed frames have something pretty useless to them, but still manage to be great. 

Beats me, I have no idea how an alchemist frame, will work

Mixing crap up, reacting this with that (then discovering that fluorine is a pretty nasty thing to use and react things with), then having a quest where he blows himself apart from accidentally reacting methane and oxygen in a sealed container. 

well since it IS going to be light based, imma get the smoke color white. cuz white is a mixture of ALL colors *pushes up glasses*

It's not going to be light based; when they talked about the color feature during the Devstream and asked us to guess many immediately wrote "light frame" in the chat and DE said no one was giving the right answer, so we're quite sure it's not a light frame.

We only know colors we chose will somehow affect him.

It's not going to be light based; when they talked about the color feature during the Devstream and asked us to guess many immediately wrote "light frame" in the chat and DE said no one was giving the right answer, so we're quite sure it's not a light frame.

We only know colors we chose will somehow affect him.

Wait, the warframe is going to be an male?, due to the pattern?

OMG!!! THERE IS NOT ENOUGH WORDS IN THE WORLD TO DESCRIBE MY HAPPINESS.

p.s: sorry for the caps 

They BETTER not screw it up! And if they make any movies they BETTER bring Scott McNeil back to do Tahu's voice!

Well....actually DE said nothing specific about gender(even if we could assume it will be male as last frame was female), they only said the palette colors we chose on him will somehow affect his gameplay.

I highly doubt they'll change it up now. So yeah, the frame will be male, as Mesa was female.

Yup. Considering how it ended up with the last male frame I hope not to get disappointed again!

Limbo? Bah! He's awesome!

Plot twist!

To satisfy the apparent "gender" issue, the new Warframe will be an intermediate!

Do not take that seriously.

I don't, the entire thing reeks to me of children playing at adult issues.

Well....actually DE said nothing specific about gender(even if we could assume it will be male as last frame was female), they only said the palette colors we chose on him will somehow affect his gameplay.

This isn't true. They did specify a gender.

Just popping in to confirm that DE did actually call the new Frame a 'he' while teasing about him in the Livestream.