The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

They did say Vets wouldn't expect it, didn't they?

This is true...

Again: WHAT DO YOU KNOW THAT WE DON'T???????

EDIT: Also, congrats on being 25 posts away from ten-thousand.

Edited by Morec0

At this point Im inclined to believe that it is not a light - based frame due to them saying vets wouldn't expect it.  Judging by most responses in this thread, it seems you are expecting it.

I am however leaning more towards the possibility of a dragon - based frame for a few reasons (Soe of this may be a stretch so don't shoot me if I'm off):

- For any of you who have ever played D&D, the hint that color effects power type, the immediate thought points towards dragons.  for those who havent, In D&D all of their dragons have various attacks based on what type of dragon it is (which is of course denoted by its color)

- DE likes MTG - I can at least confirm Rebecca does at the very least (based on her mana tap reference and by looking 5 seconds at her twitter and seeing her talking about a Black-Red deck).  As any MTG lore fan knows whats going on in the current set, there are various dragons of different colors and thus different elements.  I'd be willing to bet that in their free time they play a few games even with eachother.  This leads me to think it wouldnt be much of a stretch to think they are also fans of D&D as well (heck I'd even wager they have a session in progress too).

- During the Devstream Rebecca mentioned that if she saw the correct answer shed say it was said but not who said it.  light frame was said multiple times as well as prism and rainbow.  However not too long after I typed in Dragon Frame she said someone guessed it, and said someone else guessed it shortly after another person typed in dragon frame as well.  Out of all the guesses I recall seeing in chat during the timeframe when she said shed call it out if someone guessed correctly and when she stopped looking to see if anyone guessed it, dragon was the only one I recall seeing no more than twice (my guess included).

TL;DR - It may be a stretch/ conspiracy theory in my head but I strongly believe that the new frame is a dragon warframe based on a few things i picked up not only on the stream but elsewhere as well.

yeah,merge this into the megathread if need be,but here me out

i just read the overview of the devstream

i think we need the new frame soon,very very soon...cause the hype train already got going last year,and now its going onto the second month of this year

there are some that will likely question my impatience or make a smart allic remark

but its a question of profit,profit for the players,profit for the company

the hype train cant carry on this much longer,the megathread is already sinking down the first page,with the occasional uptick,still though sinking...this is an early indicator of dieing hype

and in order to maximize profit,the frame must be released when hype is at it's peak

"PC Update 16 is still in the works, but it's not coming next week. It also won't likely be the week after that."

So best case, hype site sometime next week, more realistically, about 3 weeks from now minimum.

The Hype will be at the highest when the hype site comes, don't worry about that. 

Edited by NovusNova

there wasnt a hype site for mesa >.> we got art for her before her release but no site

i cant settle down,or relax,or be patient,those three things are usually against my nature

also,they didnt say SPECIFICALLY that the new frame is bound to update 16,cause iwth all the things update 16 has,i doubt it wil lbe focused around the new frame

There's nothing wrong with letting the hype simmer for a little bit.

Like fine wines, hype is better with age. 

hype has all the same properties as boiling water in a pot on the stove

the longer it heats the feircer and more intense it becomes,but it eventually drys up into nothing

then you either got burnt noodles or a housefire

Edited by GunDownGrace

the hype train cant carry on this much longer

What exactly happens then?

Patience, yo.

It is one thing this game might teach you with all the grind.

And who wants another raw Update anyway. Alas, no matter how long it takes new update will be a bugs' nest..

Edited by Agilaskas

What exactly happens then?

Patience, yo.

It is one thing this game might teach you with all the grind.

And who wants another raw Update anyway. Alas, no matter how long it takes new update will be a bugs' nest anyway..

ill take the bugs with glee as long as i get my content

most of my 15 years or so of mmo playing has been korean grinders >.>...im immune to grind related pain

Edited by GunDownGrace

The UI in shows now ability buffs. Wich element the frame currently has consider i as an ability buff.

Maybye his costumizable armor changes depending on wich element effect triggered your choosen power colour.

I hope he is a crystal Warframe and a favorit of New Loka and Perrine Sequence.

Customisation affecting gameplay directly

It's hard to say.

Unlike arcane helmets, which are very obvious, energy color only really shows on abilities. On most frames, changing your energy color has essentially no impact on your overall appearance. 

If it was just "when your attacks are fire-colored they deal fire damage, ice-colored and deal ice damage, etc." that wouldn't be a big deal.

It's hard to say.

Unlike arcane helmets, which are very obvious, energy color only really shows on abilities. On most frames, changing your energy color has essentially no impact on your overall appearance.

It's really not about the size of the impact - it's the principle of the matter.