The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Well if you haven't noticed:

Excalibur doesn't like anything at all like the real Excalibur he looks like Hayden from Dark Sector

Loki doesn't look anything at all like like the Norse God Loki. He just looks like a guy with horns. =/

Mag doesn't really look like she uses Magnets but instead she looks like she has Psychic powers and can tell the future with that sphere head of hers.

Rhino doesn't look like a Rhino he feels more like a Time/Monk/Juggernaut Warframe with lots of cogs inside him.

Ember doesn't resemble a Fire or an Ember instead she looks like a Chicken or a Rooster. =/

Frost looks like a White Beetle combined with some random White Wizard. =/

You get what I mean? I can add more if you want.

again with the silly OBVIOUS comparisions. stop using that argument, we know rhino is not a rhino! and all that stuf! 

the simple fact is all of those are warframes that look like warframes they have a line of design, CHROMA DOESN'T, his design is more bestial infested looking, he doesn't look like a tenno! and that is the main reason that almost half of the comunity doesn't like his design

they tried to over do and over think the design and tried to take it from an angle so diferent that in some point they kind of forgot that they were designing a warframe in the first place.

I told my girlfriend a new warframe was coming and she asked me if there were pictures. Showed her the render and her reaction was "Oh, a dragon? Awesome".

This is a girl who didn't know that the words "Finish Him" came from Mortal Kombat we're talking about.

I have a feeling you showed her the YT vid. If she saw him spit fire, then she could mistaken it with a dragon :D

ok... my mourning proces about chroma its passing, so instead of just say that i dont like it (a lot of us dont actualy)

i allways say that you guys make an excelent work and i know beeing an artist myself that making a game is NOT EASY, and a lot of the ppl doesnt show you the respect that you guys deserve.

so stating that and with all the respect, i tried to find something actualy constructive to say about the looks of chroma and made this.

chroma.jpg

http://postimg.org/image/v6gqygpk7/

also the stance have to change something that doesnt make the chest looks so flat behind the shoulders and the legs so wide open like if he had a long day riding a horse.

now that is something that i would love to play as.

Edited by Jsarkany88

I have a feeling you showed her the YT vid. If she saw him spit fire, then she could mistaken it with a dragon :D

i second that. 

i have shown both the video and the screenshot (like the one from the first page) of chroma to my younger brother (he had 5h of experience in WF, and he is only 3 y younger than me) his first reaction was - its a Anteater ?! i pointed him that he could be a seahorse (note that in my native language we don't have equivalent of a seadragon - only seahorses for the whole fish family). For my bro the frame looked even weirder now...

My first reaction (in the morning of the tenno-live) "how could they hurt you that badly buddy"...

and the more I try to see something the more I see sagittarius from fairy tail.

Back in my school days (12 years ago?! ) for history lessons i made a lecture/referate about dragons in different cultures (fafnir, serpent, Wawel Dragon, Druk, Quetzalcoatl, Basilisk and much more).

Tu put it simple most of dragons resembles crocodiles/komodo/catfish/eels (sometimes birds) with or without wings but never a horse.

In case someone will post a re post one of Killerkarpfen post about what Chroma is resembling - on that bote is the head of Nordic serpent.

snip

wait a minute ... HES HAS A TAIL!?

Edited by Cracken

actually that isnt an improvement. I don't use nekros as a scavenger. For me Nekros is a hard hitter with nan offensive moving shield. Desecrate feels wrong for him. So not even close to a welcoming feedback. However any feedback torwards improving the parts of him thart make him a devastating warlord ARE appreciated...

Those would be pretty cool for powers. Would make him very balanced, and devastating lol.

How about you reply to the rest of what I posted instead of a very small edit that I just put in as an afterthought. 

ok... my mourning proces about chroma its passing, so instead of just say that i dont like it (a lot of us dont actualy)

i allways say that you guys make an excelent work and i know beeing an artist myself that making a game is NOT EASY, and a lot of the ppl doesnt show you the respect that you guys deserve.

so stating that and with all the respect, i tried to find something actualy constructive to say about the looks of chroma and made this.

chroma.jpg

also the stance have to change something that doesnt make the chest looks so flat behind the shoulders and the legs so wide open like if he had a long day riding a horse.

PS: by the way ignore the helment i just put something random there for the sake of not simply cut it out.

but still think its way less heavy to the eyes (in terms of desing)

i mean looking at it with all those strings an slices of metal/meat all over the place, all the appendices here and there... is too much,

the simple designs are more often the better.

Edited by Jsarkany88

PS: by the way ignore the helment i just put something random there for the sake of not simply cut it out.

but still think its way less heavy to the eyes (in terms of desing)

i mean looking at it with all those strings an slices of metal/meat all over the place, all the appendices here and there... is too much,

the simple designs are more often the better.

and now it just looks like a man, it really looks unassuming and boring lol.  Oh wait, dress it up like that one thing with the samurai dragon helm and give it claws, boom, instant favorite...  yawn.

241 pages, ive never seen a thread like that here ...

btw, when everybody is wearing chroma at a teamrun, dont forget to use different colours for different qualities that you all can have fun with it ... XD

chroma.jpg

I would totally love him if he even looked remotely as you made him here. :D

again with the silly OBVIOUS comparisions. stop using that argument, we know rhino is not a rhino! and all that stuf! 

the simple fact is all of those are warframes that look like warframes they have a line of design, CHROMA DOESN'T, his design is more bestial infested looking, he doesn't look like a tenno! and that is the main reason that almost half of the comunity doesn't like his design

they tried to over do and over think the design and tried to take it from an angle so diferent that in some point they kind of forgot that they were designing a warframe in the first place.

lel~

Here's a real question, if Chroma was deemed Dragon-themed, not looking like a Dragon...

What does it take for something like Chroma, or any "dragon" that doesn't look like any exact one(Skyrim's for example, an exact dragon there), but there's still the hint of being Dragon-themed?