The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Still does not stop me from thinking that it looks like an infested frame rather than a dragon frame. 

Literally the only thing that remotely makes me think of a dragon is the helmet and that is what most people think needs to be fixed.

EDIT: Grammar.

Edited by Invalid_Infinity

I'm sick to death of these threads. 

I imagine the issue is that people were being told we were getting a dragon, and everyone got an idea in their head about what that should look like. Then they didn't go with the traditional western dragon look, and in fact created something very reminiscent of Warframe's earlier art design (which is something people had *also* been complaining about previously), causing people to become upset when the idea in their head didn't match the reality of what Chroma is. 

Personally speaking his default helmet isn't my bag of illicit drugs, but I can't find anything wrong with the rest of his body. Red and White is not the colour scheme I would have gone with either, but then I never keep Warframes the default color so it's not a giant issue for me. I'm anticipating an alternative helmet to be available that I will like over the default. 

To record, I don't like the aesthetic design of every Warframe available either. I had a hard time making default Nova look good, Vauban looks goofy to me, I dislike Trinity's Lobster tail, I would like to remove Valkyr's arm restraints, Zephyr, Loki, Banshee, and Limbo all have default helmets I don't care for as I generally prefer rounder, sleeker helmets. 

Point is, people have not liked the aesthetic concept of Warframes in the past and they managed to exist just fine. I wouldn't consider Chroma's design a 'fiasco' I would consider it a product of people's ability to complain on a message board about things they don't like. Which is fine, it's just not a very strong argument for completely re-doing the character. 

Looks like something out of a infested tumor.

Isn't the current prevailing theory on what a Warframe is that they are just controlled technocyte infections, so all warframes are like something out of an infested tumor? 

Looks like something out of a infested tumor.

Well, the dragon is probably infested and has something to do with J3 golem....

Thinking along the lines of kill a dragon/j3 and you'll get Chroma parts or something.

It does feel like the pelt/skin is trying to wrap itself over the tenno and take over, but it could just be a twist DE likes to do with all their stuff looking mutated.

Edited by kiteohatto

Ok.......Does this change the fact that there is a serious issue with the theme of the frame in general? 

His theme is really obvious when you look at the gif:

kkf8Wpg.gif

He's a beast, pure and simple. Chroma looks like a barely refined Infested unit, with vague hints towards dragons/lizards and monsters in general. Again, I think the original photo of him is completely unflattering, with the worst poses and angles possible.

I look at this gif of Chroma and all I see is wild, untamed ferocity. Aardvark/seahorse/anteater aside, he's a beast. A nice departure from the semi-clothing styles of Mesa/Limbo/Hydroid.

I really hope his abilities are more than just press-X-to-deal-damage, and actually provide some use in teams.

Edited by Draciusen

No. 

Actually, I would have lost interest as soon as they announced an Infested frame. 

noodle arm powers tho!!!

wouldn't you like to ripline and disrupt every fricken body that ever messed with you?

if... those would be included as powers.

We must expand!

Chroma is the closest thing to spaghetti I can get.  I wish he has a power to drag things in.

Edited by GoatGodJohn

Btw I posted it to the main topic if you don't mind. This kind of deserves attention. Might have to go to the front page...

No problem lol, the more people see it maybe the more will start agreeing that its not an anteater or a dragon and the forums might calm down :D

Well, the dragon is probably infested and has something to do with J3 golem....

Thinking along the lines of kill a dragon/j3 and you'll get Chroma parts or something.

It does feel like the pelt/skin is trying to wrap itself over the tenno and take over, but it could just be a twist DE likes to do with all their stuff looking mutated.

According to Tenno Live, he will be obtainable by quest, not as a drop from a boss.

No problem lol, the more people see it maybe the more will start agreeing that its not an anteater or a dragon and the forums might calm down :D

I don't think it'll quench the flames that easily as hate and disgust is hard to put down. However it will be informative and bring some light onto this frame that DE has failed at giving us.

Is that guard armor from Vindictus?

I just googled full plate medieval armor.....unless you are talking about Chroma's armor ?

I was already thinking this when I found out his placeholder name was Lancer. and after seeing the faceplate it was more apparent. 

It's starting to make too much sense :O

Same helmet.

Rebecca's recent post about Chroma sounds interesting though so I'm looking forward to what abilities he has. I doubt I am right at all but maybe he changes form with one of his powers, whereby he looses the 'flesh' we see wrapped about his body revealing the true armour. He does have some sort of faceplate under the snout. It'd definitely make him unique that's for sure.

Edited by Naith

The original fan art whoever that guy is (someone will post his name) needs to be hired and the current guys need to be sweeping floors seriously how do you not see a hairless dog or evil seahorse when you see that frame it's just hideous . That concept fan art was amazing now the only thing update 16 has for me is raids and im sure that will last me one night.

This, friends, is called dev-bashing and is frowned upon in this community.