The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

What if it is even uglier than the original? What will you do then hmm?

Well by Warframe's law of alternative helmet proportions, the alt helmet that follows the original helmet, another alt, or a prime helmet is inversely proportionate in ugliness to helmet that preceded it.

Well by Warframe's law of alternative helmet proportions, the alt helmet that follows the original helmet, another alt, or a prime helmet is inversely proportionate in ugliness to helmet that preceded it.

Not always true but i agree with this in regards to Mesa's alternative helmet and a few others.

my design....

xNUB6tJ.jpg

No offense to you, but your design reminds me of this...it's too "rogue-ish". Like wearing some sort of leather cover over his face. However, its a very cool helmet if the frame was more plant like(think sylvari from gw2).

1daIczu.jpg

Edited by kiteohatto

Seriously I really wonder why people are continuing to say the face is under the snout :P   Not all Tenno 'need' to have a basis in human anatomy, but the funny part about DE's design is depending upon how you look at it... you can kinda see both.

Either way, I wonder if Saryn got the same reaction... I don't remember scales on her, and shes some type of snake lady.

I see that the hate towards Limbo design is still real. Limbo is a Wizard Themed warframe, i know that some part of his own design is out of place compared to the rest of the game, but in overall despite all this hate towards him ,i see loads of people praise his hat, which is why i guess he is so well known now. Dont get me wrong, his design at my eyes its brilliant, he is a bit out of context towards the game but the game is evolving so im happy with it.

Although, from the moment DE's accepted doing Zephyr and it went bad, i kinda expected the same towards the Dragon Frame. So far 2 of the fan made warframes, are a complete disaster in terms of design itself. Zephyr could be alot more "eagle style" if you know what i mean. But this "Dragon" Warframe as many of us still call it (i dunno how much more time ill be able to call it dragon to be honest) had such a big start, and yet it became "ruinous". He looks very organic like "infested", i was expecting a bulky imposing warframe , at some aspects like Rhino,  a Warframe that youd look at it and it would impose respect. I know they looked for many references of dragons, and tried to mix them up, but it didnt went well, the dragon diferences from  eastern and western are too big, its a enormous gap between them and it was bound to fail.

Im trying to "learn" how to like this "Anteater" "infested" "messy" warframe, but everytime i look at it it just, dosent fit the term dragon. At first when he came out and i looked at him and the word "anteater" came naturaly, i gave him another chance, looked at him again slowly to see if i could find dragonic traces in him, everytime i tried to search it failed. But again this is my view of Chroma so far, dont get me wrong  i like the idea that you can change elemental damage through his color, it has much potential. But between him and Limbo, i prefer Limbo design even if it is a bit out of game context, but at least its organised.

Edited by SlashD17

Still more dragon like than Chroma

Talk about grasping for straws.  I bet this is more dergan then anything DE can come up with right?

9Evbgrk.jpg

... [p.s. Rhino + Claws + vague dergan helm =/= dragon]

Still not convinced? Think you [not talking about just you] all know what a dragon SHOULD look like and there is no exception? No variation allowed?

7ISIFSS.gif

Edited by Sibarian

Talk about grasping for straws.  I bet this is more dergan then anything DE can come up with right?

9Evbgrk.jpg

... [p.s. Rhino + Claws + vague dergan helm =/= dragon]

Still not convinced? Think you [not talking about just you] all know what a dragon SHOULD look like and there is no exception? No variation allowed?

I have seen enoung xxx rated furry dragon stuff to know even their anatomy dont tell that i dont know how a dragon should look.However argonians are the closest on how a dragon should look like

Edited by AMDMAD

-snip- to know even their anatomy dont tell that i dont know how a dragon should look.However argonians are the closest on how a dragon should look like

Leet's not bring 'THAT' up.  As far as argonians, you are speaking to a elderscrolls nerd.  They are nothing like dragons, and if you are going off of the dragons in that universe, or shown in skyrim more particularly they would be classified as Wyverns due to lacking front paws.  Yea, im a nerd. 

Though AMDMAD, the funny part is, the developers of one game [skyrim] had different intentions in mind.  Even considering the skyrim actual dragons?  They weren't meant to be played as by the player, give a player too much power and then it usually kills the game.  So... walking around as one of those in Warframe would be neat, yea... but  it dosen't fit the lore, universe, or the liset.

So... walking around as one of those in Warframe would be neat, yea... but  it dosen't fit the lore, universe, or the liset.

So it fits to walk like a magnet , ice cone , chicken , master race , lobster etc but suddenly all the crazy stuff we have in the game the dragons are the most obscure? Really?

Leet's not bring 'THAT' up.  As far as argonians, you are speaking to a elderscrolls nerd.  They are nothing like dragons, and if you are going off of the dragons in that universe, or shown in skyrim more particularly they would be classified as Wyverns due to lacking front paws.  Yea, im a nerd.

Paws are for mammals you meant claws . Regardless i meant on the looks is verry scally along with the morphing on their heads and how they fit indeed they are not dragons dragons but it could be something to get inspired off to create something on your own

Was talking about Chroma with a friend that started playing with me 2 years ago.

He says this is how he sees what is going on with the design :

WCAWbiV.jpg

(latest in his opinion being : Zephyr, Limbo, Mesa and of course Chroma - apparently he is ok with Hydroid)

Edited by tocorro

Seriously I really wonder why people are continuing to say the face is under the snout :P   Not all Tenno 'need' to have a basis in human anatomy, but the funny part about DE's design is depending upon how you look at it... you can kinda see both.

Either way, I wonder if Saryn got the same reaction... I don't remember scales on her, and shes some type of snake lady.

Actually she is a poision/toxin style frame. The Hemlock alt helmet makes that quite apparent.

Actually she is a poision/toxin style frame. The Hemlock alt helmet makes that quite apparent.

She is not a poison frame, she is a venom frame, it says so in her description. Even her first ability is venom, wanna know what venom is renowned for? Being a snake's most deadly weapon, that's what. She's even more snake-like with molt, face it, DE has unorthodox themes for their frames, and I love them for it.

*ON CHROMA TOPIC: Chroma is based off a Greek dragon, Greek culture, and a seahorse, weird to say the least. I'll be honest, I was a bit disappointed that he leaned more towards the seahorse, but it could be a lot worse, and I love his design. I hope he has NO western helmet, if anything, I hope it's more towards the Greek dragon he was loosely based off combined with a Japanese dragon's beard

Edited by sappinmahsentry

She is not a poison frame, she is a venom frame, it says so in her description. Even her first ability is venom, wanna know what venom is renowned for? Being a snake's most deadly weapon, that's what. She's even more snake-like with molt, face it, DE has unorthodox themes for their frames, and I love them for it.

*ON CHROMA TOPIC: Chroma is based off a Greek dragon, Greek culture, and a seahorse, weird to say the least. I'll be honest, I was a bit disappointed that he leaned more towards the seahorse, but it could be a lot worse, and I love his design. I hope he has NO western helmet, if anything, I hope it's more towards the Greek dragon he was loosely based off combined with a Japanese dragon's beard

She was named after Sarin which is a nerve agent produced by the military and terrorist groups. That is not something a snake would have. Tons of other creatures use/have venom. Not just snakes. Tons of other poisonous animals also molt.  The two last abilities she has are called Contagion and miasma. Contagion is a toxin and Miasma is corrosive. 

Venom can be called a toxin because it is toxic and it is usually poisonous. 

Checkmate.

Edited by Invalid_Infinity