Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

hmm, its helmet has dragon esque mouths. yes i think this is the concpet art for the frame. good find

You're new so I understand. But that art is a fanart to Steve's own warframe that he drew on MSPaint in one of the previous Devstream PrimeTime. But that is not to say that they may potentially draw some elements from it.

Edited by BloodCarnival

You're new so I understand. But that art is a fanart to Steve's own warframe that he drew on MSPaint in one of the previous Devstream. But that is not to say that they may potentially draw some elements from it.

not new actually, just a second account. but who knows apparently there is a model that exists for this thing according to a previous poster.

i'd like a quadrapedal frame to make an appearance, but that would be unlikely given the usual anthro designs of all the frames since it would require a new set of animations and might be too much for the developer in charge.  i also hope it isn't big, bulky, and slow like  rhino or frost, either.

when it concerns playable dragons in a game, i am extremely critical.  i assume draconic forms on second life when i hang out there.

not new actually, just a second account. but who knows apparently there is a model that exists for this thing according to a previous poster.

Ah, how silly of me. haha I shouldn't assume that someone with low post count is new. For all I know they could just have been inactive in the forums. However The model isn't made by DE, but  there are some pretty talented digital modelers on here. And correction, it came from Prime Time. 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/256748-desteves-redtext-the-god-of-hotfixes-with-new-animation-by-thebestusername-7614/

Ah, how silly of me. haha I shouldn't assume that someone with low post count is new. For all I know they could just have been inactive in the forums. However The model isn't made by DE, but  there are some pretty talented digital modelers on here. And correction, it came from Prime Time. 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/256748-desteves-redtext-the-god-of-hotfixes-with-new-animation-by-thebestusername-7614/

i see, well thats disappointing. it seemed like such a clear idea. multiple heads, multiple elements. but oh well.

Everyone is expecting a classical western looking Dragon, like D&D or Dinossaur looking Dragons. 

It's gonna be a oriental, eastern Dragon. Chineese like Wyrm Prime.

Chineese new year is in exactly two weeks, it's a Dragon Year. 

Edited by RexSol

Everyone is expecting a classical western looking Dragon, like D&D or Dinossaur looking Dragons. 

well i would hope it would be of eastern variety, this a the space ninja game. but you bring up an interesting point. now just post the concept art

Honestly, I hope Steve's avatar isn't concept art... It looks so...dorky. I never understood why they make these big hammerhead helmets (looking at YOU, loki). It just looks...dumb, to me.

If I had the power to redesign any frame, I wouldn't look at all at loki.

But I would start with a blank canvas with:

zephyr - the literal giant bird with feathers and all

trinity - too many weird elements, that don't actually relate, nor specify her identity/powers

limbo - the ridiculous sy fy space tuxedo warrior

If I had the power to redesign any frame, I wouldn't look at all at loki.

But I would start with a blank canvas with:

*Fixed

I hope not, Chinese dragons look weaksauce compared to European dragons.  All skinny and snakelike.  Weak, for a dragon.

But I suppose it depends on what type of frame he'll be.

Steve's picture isn't concept art of the dragon. It's concept art - not from any particular frame that I know of - that was given to him months ago AFAIK. I could be wrong entirely.

Edited by Ordel