Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Think about it like this.. Warframe is is officially in China now. A dragon-based frame was quick to follow in order to please the Chinese marketbase and companies. Plus, PWE probably coerced them in to doing it. As stated, there are other frames that are requested much more than the dragon-type one.

Think about it like this.. Warframe is is officially in China now. A dragon-based frame was quick to follow in order to please the Chinese marketbase and companies. Plus, PWE probably coerced them in to doing it. As stated, there are other frames that are requested much more than the dragon-type one.

you know sum po and PWE cannot affect DE in any way right

Well most of the frames at least more clearly in the lates models are made of two themes, one for the appearance and other for the energy or type of attack, like Mirage is a jester/ light concept; hidroid is a pirate/water concept, so dragon is most likely the physical appearance  but what is the energy/attack theme?, we have yet to see. 

On the other hand changing the type of damage base on the color of the energy in a dragon theme is very representative of the chromatic dragons of dungeon and dragons.

The fact that the attack element is based on color tells me that the frame's theme is ???/Dragon. I have no idea what style they will base the visuals off of.

As long as it follows the post-PBR theme of beautiful simplicity, I will be very happy.

Please do not make a  frame to look like fantasy digimon,pokemon or teletabis.Do not mix warframe game whit dota and League of Legends characters.need to focus in frame look such as, for example Mesa.and all of you fanatics dota and lol players if you do not like sci-fi world do not ruin the Warframe game with stupid ideas that new frame looks like a fantasy animal character.I very hope that frame should look more seriously and will keep it that way.I hope that someone agrees or all live in digimon world?

Edited by Vlada91

hahahahahahah

...oh wait, you're serious.

Laugh all you want, PWE is a company that I hold no love for due to their practices.

you know sum po and PWE cannot affect DE in any way right

That was said about a few other companies, too. Cryptic was bought by then, and every single MMO they made went to trash over time due to PWE's influence. It's one thing to state that they have "no affect", but another to actually prove they do not. PWE as a company is one that cannot be trusted. 

Laugh all you want, PWE is a company that I hold no love for due to their practices.

That was said about a few other companies, too. Cryptic was bought by then, and every single MMO they made went to trash over time due to PWE's influence. It's one thing to state that they have "no affect", but another to actually prove they do not. PWE as a company is one that cannot be trusted. 

Thank goodness PWE isn't even involved with DE in any way.

The company that's involved is the Chinese branch, PW. So far they haven't wrecked any Western games. Even if they wanted to wreck Warframe, however, they couldn't. Steve personally owns more of the company than they do, and the deal was set up so that DE gets to hold the reins while the investors make money.

Trust me, we've been over this hundreds of times now. I did research on Canadian business law, and learned more about stocks than I ever wanted to know. The deal is airtight. The only way things could go south is is DE decided to sell the rest of the company, but if they did that things would go south no matter who they were selling it to.

How else could I be expected to BOOSTO properly?

No clue who that is, but I'm sure you'll find a way anywho. So long as the frame design isn't a fartfest. ;-;

also thinking with the name lancer all i can do i just jump to dragoon's from ff, maybe it'll look like a dragon knight?!

Thank goodness PWE isn't even involved with DE in any way.

The company that's involved is the Chinese branch, PW. So far they haven't wrecked any Western games. Even if they wanted to wreck Warframe, however, they couldn't. Steve personally owns more of the company than they do, and the deal was set up so that DE gets to hold the reins while the investors make money.

Trust me, we've been over this hundreds of times now. I did research on Canadian business law, and learned more about stocks than I ever wanted to know. The deal is airtight. The only way things could go south is is DE decided to sell the rest of the company, but if they did that things would go south no matter who they were selling it to.

Cryptic Studios- Star Trek Online, Champions online.

Zombie Studios- Blacklight Retribution.

Those were two large scale MMOs that were completely ruined due to Perfect World's involvement, and one FPS free-to-play that became a pay-to-win. Both of which are North American companies. As long as Steve remains in charge of it all, Perfect World should never, EVER touch anything other than a nearly unplayable version of this game.

Cryptic Studios- Star Trek Online, Champions online.

Zombie Studios- Blacklight Retribution.

Those were two large scale MMOs that were completely ruined due to Perfect World's involvement, and one FPS free-to-play that became a pay-to-win. Both of which are North American companies. As long as Steve remains in charge of it all, Perfect World should never, EVER touch anything other than a nearly unplayable version of this game.

Read again.

PWE is not involved here. At all.

I hate the idea for two reason. One, there was already a highly popular dragon frame creation thread that is still going on, and we all know DE's dragon frame isn't going to be that dragon frame, so theres gonna be a whole new slew of "OMG Y U MAKE IT SO BAD AND NOT JUST DO THIS" and the people that just don't like the idea going "DE WHY WOULD YOU MAKE THIS IT SUCKS SO MUCH" but, that seems to be the reaction to anything new, however I digress.

I mainly don't like it because it doesn't feel like it can fit with the established I dunno theme of warframes. Like, they were built to represent the people they were made around. Sure there are animal themes, but rhino makes sense because he's a big dude that just runs things down, like a rhino does. Oberon isn't deer/goat themed, he's paladin themed with nature druid type design elements. Mirage is a trickster type person, probably maroo's grandmother. I'm just trying to figure out what type of person is like a dragon. We already have a fire frame, that's ember, we already have a flying frame, that's zephyr. I guess they could be playing on an affinity for a wide range of elements like theres all different kinds of dragons but I just don't get it.

It is not your place to say "it does not fit in warframe". You are not the developer, you do not make the lore, you do not have any say in what belongs in the game unless it is a valid reason with real consequences. 

Dragon theme was picked because it was requested by many people ( including a certain enormous thread with a great concept on it). It has been asked for for a long time and now DE has decided to put that theme in the game. Simple as that.

Tenno are ninjas.... And it's why it's more likely to be an eastern theme...

Somebody needs to find that cheat sheet that the art team uses.

It has a few key words for each faction. Funnily enough, "techno knights" is one of the terms under Tenno, with ninja or eastern nowhere to be found.

Somebody needs to find that cheat sheet that the art team uses.

It has a few key words for each faction. Funnily enough, "techno knights" is one of the terms under Tenno, with ninja or eastern nowhere to be found.

There are definitely Eastern themes for the tenno as a faction.

Just not only Eastern themes. There's lots of other themes too.