Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blade And Gun Challenge: Shotgun Surgeon

DE_Adam

Last week's Challenge had Tenno sharing their best ambushes.  The competition was fierce, but you can check out the winner (and our latest Challenge rules) here.  This week's challenge will test how close you can get to the enemy before delivering some close-range shotgun justice.

As a quick reminder:

Deadline:

Entry to the Blade and Gun Challenge: Shotgun Surgeon closes Thursday, Jan 29 at 12:00 p.m. EST.  All submissions must be delivered before that date.  

Good luck, Tenno!

-DE_Adam

Brakk isn't a shotgun? I'll use my Drakgoon no matter what, but I expected to see the Brakk there. Also the (Mara) Detron to an extent. 

By shotgun I assume they meant the primary weapon class known as shotguns. Although it seems Bronco and Redeemer were given clearance as well.

Edited by MechaKnight

Two questions:

• Does having an active HUD negatively impact the rating?

• The wording is kinda ambiguous. Are we allowed to have several screenshots enter into the contest? With the same loadout each?

One screenshot per entry is preferred, although I certainly won't stop anyone if they wish to share multiple images (for fun).  If that's the case, the first screenshot submitted will be considered as your entry.

Having a HUD will not negatively impact your rating, however any image is naturally improved when clutter is removed from the screen!

New to this, but can I have a weapon equipped that is not approved for mobility (like the Dakra prime), and not use it in the screen shot?

This challenge has no restrictions on melee weapons equipped, however you MUST be using one of the approved Primary or Secondary weapons in the submitted screenshot.

No Pyrana, Brakk, or Detron?

Or (ak) Bronco Prime?

I've been wondering the same thing.

And I'll say this one thing again.

Let us rebind the damn screenshot key!

Sliding, shooting and pressing F6/F12? Excuse me while I grow an extra arm!

Edited by BenzinNinJa

This challenge has no restrictions on melee weapons equipped, however you MUST be using one of the approved Primary or Secondary weapons in the submitted screenshot.

It says "approved melee weapons: Redeemer", which implies the others aren't approved.

Can you even fire the Redeemer's shotgun while sliding or wall attacking? When I press E it immediately starts the normal melee slide/wall attack and doesn't care if I hold the button down. I don't think a normal melee slide attack is what you had in mind for this challenge.

Loadout:

p30a.jpg

Contest entry:
p30.jpg

Electrically charged, magnetically homing shrapnel *are* what surgeons use to heal people, right?

Edit: Never mind, just read the rules again. I should've killed an enemy, which is obviously not the case in what i wanted to portray here. I probably won't update my entry this time around, good luck guys!

Bonus:

p30_1.jpg   p30_2.jpg   p30_3.jpg   p30_4.jpg

Edited by Kontrollo