Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Treat Console Players Better.

(PSN)Nozomi244

Ever since I started playing this fantastic, content filled, FREE game, I have always been impressed by how common updates came out. Warframe updates very commonly and whether its a small update with introducing just a few new weapons or larger ones like new warframes or game modes, they always have been good. The only thing I feel is unfair and rather annoying though is that console players have to wait usually up to a month to get an update that the pc already has. Why is that? Yes, pc was first, but in my opinion DE really could just slow down for a couple months, not release new stuff and just keep the Xbox and Playstation fans caught up at all times. I would gladly wait longer in between updates if it means that console players can stay with the pc.

The reason console players get updates later than PC players do is because with console, DE has to receive approval from the console companies. They're not going to let DE apply an update if it ends up breaking their product in some way. With PC, they have more freedom because they don't have to cert with PCs, thus allowing a more frequent update send-out. So if an update on a console is taking a while, better it take a while than have it sooner and not work at all.

The reason console players get updates later than PC players do is because with console, DE has to receive approval from the console companies. They're not going to let DE apply an update if it ends up breaking their product in some way. With PC, they have more freedom because they don't have to cert with PCs, thus allowing a more frequent update send-out. So if an update on a console is taking a while, better it take a while than have it sooner and not work at all.

or that

Edited by VyralVanKill

The only thing I feel is unfair and rather annoying though is that console players have to wait usually up to a month to get an update that the pc already has. Why is that? Yes, pc was first, but in my opinion DE really could just slow down for a couple months, not release new stuff and just keep the Xbox and Playstation fans caught up at all times. I would gladly wait longer in between updates if it means that console players can stay with the pc.

please dont look at it that way Fellow Tenno~

Think of it this way Tenno. We PC groups are the Guinea Pigs~

We first test out the bugs and flaws of certain things~

you can say we are the beta testers of the new found updates~

so when it reaches consoles its more bug free~

youre more than welcome to join us beta testing Guinea pigs~

To make a better warframe. good luck and have fun~

Edited by Murasume

Wait the pc bug tests for the consoles for fewer bugs? This game is still the most buggy game of the year. Honestly DE works very hard on the game and I appreciate that and I think all the players should. But slowing down and getting caught up while making the game function better is not a bad idea.

Wait the pc bug tests for the consoles for fewer bugs? This game is still the most buggy game of the year. Honestly DE works very hard on the game and I appreciate that and I think all the players should. But slowing down and getting caught up while making the game function better is not a bad idea.

yeah yeah yeah yeah

lol ive never been apart of these kinds of threads, I used to hear about them all the time tho back in my DCUO days. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, I can feel your pain. (I played DCUO on PS3 which had to wait for updates that PC had months ago)

Also companies have to pay to update games. "For the cert" so cheaper easier to roll lots of updates on console as opposed to constant updates on pc

OP....

Please listen to the posters

There are many reasons why

If it were possible im sure DE would get the updates to you sooner but ti isnt quite so easy

Its not that DE isnt treating console players badly or worse

Its just the way the situation is

No need to label anyone as a bad guy

Console players are not put in the ruts, oh no. 

The devs are trying to get the content out as quickly as they can do it. For consoles, we have a dedicated PS4 and XB1 team to transfer, reprogram, and fix issues dealing with consoles. All content is ported from the PC side. They begin work on sending it to console as soon as it is finished. For PC, this means the update reaches them nearly immediately, for consoles, we wait a while while it is tested and implemented to our version, while also ensuring it'll pass certification by the console developers. 

If certification fails, the devs have to find why it fails and resend to cert for approval. All of this costs time and money, and so they ensure the update is made as quickly and as speedy as can be in the desired budget range (maybe there is a budget range, maybe not, would make sense).

They do not wait to give it to us, they are trying not to wait for anyone. 

Updates have become more speedy in recent months, barring the recent holiday, to reflect ability the team has gained, as well as possibly numbers. As time goes by, we can hope this trend continues to the point where content can be implemented into the PS4 build near immediately. 

Moved to a more appropriate subforum.

The thing i hate most about consoles is we dont test anything really... we get weeks, often over a month of reading people whinging for buffs/nerfs on new stuff like weapons or giving feedback on retweaks to existing content we DO have and then... well they get acted upon. We get what PC members are happy with mostly in regards to added content and patches, we dont get a say on the matter.

Not happy with Ember buffs? Well PC members have spoken FOR you and its being retweaked based on said feedback without us having a say on said original buffs so we can have our feedback... maybe we would have liked it more, we will never know and i dont really like that IMO. Bugs yes of course but im talking buffs/nerfs/tweaks - that and new content. Is the Krohma S#&$e? PC have decided it needed buffed and it has been, nice to know - also nice to know ill never really appreciate the buffs either because ive never seen its original state. Relays worth watching burn to ashes in next event? Yeah and why is that? Because they are gonna be given back anyway - we know this because PC have ran this scenario before us.

It works both ways too... people hating on T4 key packs being removed from Syndicates on PC? Well we can still @#&*( them on console and have had significant time advantage in that regards - not fair on the PC players really when you think about it, its an advantage for the Console players. All in all you could say looking at it like that it balances things out which is nice but really i feel it would be nice for console players to have more of a voice with a lot of changes, very little in warframe is console specific as far as i can see yet were like a cousin in the Tenno family instead of a younger sibling.

Well PC members have spoken FOR you

You're free to join those conversations. The feedback sections are open to everyone, as far as I know only the specific bug forums are locked to certain users.

Though let's be honest, this is a PC game first and a console game second. The devs themselves have said it.

You're free to join those conversations. The feedback sections are open to everyone, as far as I know only the specific bug forums are locked to certain users.

Though let's be honest, this is a PC game first and a console game second. The devs themselves have said it.

Free to join but why give feedback on stuff we cant actually test ourselves... that kind of feedback is likely more detrimental than anything else. It would be like a fan taking control of his favourite sports team and picking the players without having having coaching the team through their training sessions.

I think Ember has been addressed twice now in the last couple of days - she might get addressed again and we on the consoles might not get ANY of those buffs in the next update, we literally have no idea what we get and when we get it - as i said we get block updates at once often with a bit of this and a bit of that instead of a like for like catch up on the PC players. Either way im NOT discussing Ember buffs im not trying out for myself even if technically i can show up in threads about her and pretend i know its a good or bad thing, all i say on the matter is often "im exciting to try her out for myself now"

Console players are not put in the ruts, oh no.

The devs are trying to get the content out as quickly as they can do it. For consoles, we have a dedicated PS4 and XB1 team to transfer, reprogram, and fix issues dealing with consoles. All content is ported from the PC side. They begin work on sending it to console as soon as it is finished. For PC, this means the update reaches them nearly immediately, for consoles, we wait a while while it is tested and implemented to our version, while also ensuring it'll pass certification by the console developers.

If certification fails, the devs have to find why it fails and resend to cert for approval. All of this costs time and money, and so they ensure the update is made as quickly and as speedy as can be in the desired budget range (maybe there is a budget range, maybe not, would make sense).

They do not wait to give it to us, they are trying not to wait for anyone.

Updates have become more speedy in recent months, barring the recent holiday, to reflect ability the team has gained, as well as possibly numbers. As time goes by, we can hope this trend continues to the point where content can be implemented into the PS4 build near immediately.

^This^

Also we get huge updates consist 2-3 PC updates, so you need more time to make whole content, fe last update: Messa, Prime access, new weapons, not everyone is buying them and using boosters, farming and farming is main point, what about Oxium, have you everyone on consoles 900 and equal amount for Itzal research ? Chimaera244 you choose bad point of view, as most people, and looking only on disadvantages, back to Oxium, Baal, while on PC was nerfed we had around 1 month to farm him.

To PC players: we are apriciate you role as Guinea pigs, but we don ´t get updates shiny and bugless like you think.

Sorry for bad english

Edit: correcting 244>141

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099

Ever since I started playing this fantastic, content filled, FREE game, I have always been impressed by how common updates came out. Warframe updates very commonly and whether its a small update with introducing just a few new weapons or larger ones like new warframes or game modes, they always have been good. The only thing I feel is unfair and rather annoying though is that console players have to wait usually up to a month to get an update that the pc already has. Why is that? Yes, pc was first, but in my opinion DE really could just slow down for a couple months, not release new stuff and just keep the Xbox and Playstation fans caught up at all times. I would gladly wait longer in between updates if it means that console players can stay with the pc.

yes i admit it kinda sucks but hey before i quit cod i had to wait amonth after xbox on my ps3 and for ghosts on my ps4 so i kinda got used to it. other than that i kinda like getting for the most part clean updates while hotfixes are quick and painless for me

'Slow it down' so you guys start getting the amount of bugs PC gets and will be stuck with them for 2-4months at a time while PC gets hot fixes week after week, though no content updates just.. well, a better game than Consoles have?

This game, the buggiest game of the year? Yeah no, biggest lie ever. Every Ubisoft game upon release is an absolute glitch-fest, a majority of triple A titles upon release are buggy, a lot of games on Steam (although you probably wouldn't use Steam) are way buggier. This game is fairly ok with bugs. there is nothing too game crippling  or whatever. If you really want the most buggy game of the year, go play whatever crap Ubisoft poops out upon release.

The reason it takes longer is because each update has to go through an approval on the Sony/Xbox side of things. Otherwise they would update everything at the same time I would imagine.

This game, the buggiest game of the year? Yeah no, biggest lie ever. Every Ubisoft game upon release is an absolute glitch-fest, a majority of triple A titles upon release are buggy, a lot of games on Steam (although you probably wouldn't use Steam) are way buggier. This game is fairly ok with bugs. there is nothing too game crippling  or whatever. If you really want the most buggy game of the year, go play whatever crap Ubisoft poops out upon release.

That and a "triple A" game is supposed to be complete (besides mountains of DLC these days :/), whereas Warframe is in Beta and constantly updating. Every time you add new code, you have to make sure you don't break something else in the progress. And then you have to test for these issues, because some may not be apparent straight away.