Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So What Do You Tell People Who Didnt Get Excal Proto Skin 3Rd Year?

First off,To Me First Year anniversary should be more important than the 2nd 3rd 10th even 20th. so i don't think anything from a first anniversary item should be copied and pasted.

Second, people who didn't get the the excal proto skin this year. what are you gonna say next year

you should go got it when you had the chance? we had proto skin two years now, we need something new?

people who have it already want something new and they deserve it , and it will be an endless thread of a  poor mans excal prime 2.0.

only people who should have a chance maybe xb1 but then xb1 has not  been here a year yet they will get their anniversary stuff eventually.

im not sayin that They shouldnt bring it back out , im saying if it hinders us from getting something new. and cool stuff we would have got. then i say let it go  but then again if something from warframe you're not eligible to get you will NEVER let it go.

so as you were

I have no problem with the old anniversary items being re-released if it is along side new stuff too. For example, look at what happened at the end of October.  We got the Day of the Dead skins from last year re-released along side a new pack of skins for this year.  The Candy Cane scythes also made a seasonal return but they did not prevent new content being around at the same time.

While the first anniversary was a special day to celebrate for those who were here, bear in mind that there are new players starting all the time and for them the next anniversary will be their first anniversary.

Everybody forgot Dex Furis T^T

I had just finished putting in the 5 Forma I needed to complete my build for the Dex Furis when the Syndicate weapons got added and it got pretty much eclipsed by the Secura Dual Cestra.

Edited by Katinka

Pardon my ignorance, I've been playing less than a year, what's all this? Are there anniversary gifts?

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Excalibur_Proto-Armor_Skin

Proto Armor which was the *skin* of one of de's games *Dark Sector* along with dex furis was released to us when warframe hit its first year anniversary.

Proto Armor being plat exclusive and Dex Furis being free aslong as you were able to login during the anniversary week.

^ dex furis was an anniversary gift....but proto armor was an anniversary exclusive plat buy

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Excalibur_Proto-Armor_Skin

Proto Armor which was the *skin* of one of de's games *Dark Sector* along with dex furis was released to us when warframe hit its first year anniversary.

Proto Armor being plat exclusive and Dex Furis being free aslong as you were able to login during the anniversary week.

Thanks. I have the dex (it's my go-to secondary actually) so I guess I've been playing at least a year. Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

IS COMING THE PROTO-ARMOR AGAIN THIS ANNIVERSARY YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! :D THANKS DEVOID FOR CONFIRMED THAT! :D

Don't get too hype yet. Nothing is written in stone. There is a distinct likeliness it could happen but it's still in the air.

OP is simply assuming it will.

In general, I'm against the notion of exclusives on a bunch of different levels.

It creates division amongst the players

The art library isn't so large that making the item available for an exclusive time would make sense.

If DE feels like the market isn't large enough to hold this stuff they need to make a larger market.

This ain't Disney...

It doesn't respect the disposable income of the player base... Everytime I see a comment to the effect of, "I was saving up for it but it came down days before I would have been able to purchase it.",  I shake my head...

Why would a F2P be interested in losing money?

I can see the notion of specialty pricing or limited time special pricing being employed, but not Limited time availability.

For example: If a player who just started playing a month ago stumbles across Targis Armor, why can't they purchase it if they want to?

Yes, it would likely mean that DE wouldn't be able to enjoy the over-pricing they do now for some items but they would get more players purchasing it over time.

The items in question are typically cosmetic, making them limited time exclusives do nothing positive.