The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Will Happen To Us Beta Players When Warframe Is Finally Complete?

UndeadGhostWarrior

Open Beta Agreement says :

5.    Any experience or achievements accumulated during your time in the Open Beta may be removed or reset at any time during the Open Beta testing period. When the game is opened to the public, each player may be returned to novice status.

6.    During the Open Beta Test, you will have the opportunity to purchase Platinum, the official Warframe in-game currency; Platinum can be used to buy items in the game. In the event that we reset the player base (after Open Beta or otherwise) we will set your Platinum balance to the total amount previously purchased.

Sadly.

That's what I've always heard,that's what's written on the contract,so unless they officially deny it,I take this as their intentions.

I wouldn't like it and it would most probably lead me to quitting,but I see no real reason to deny their intentions and be optimistic.

5.    Any experience or achievements accumulated during your time in the Open Beta may be removed or reset at any time during the Open Beta testing period. When the game is opened to the public, each player may be returned to novice status.

6.    During the Open Beta Test, you will have the opportunity to purchase Platinum, the official Warframe in-game currency; Platinum can be used to buy items in the game. In the event that we reset the player base (after Open Beta or otherwise) we will set your Platinum balance to the total amount previously purchased.

Sadly.

That's what I've always heard,that's what's written on the contract,so unless they officially deny it,I take this as their intentions.

I wouldn't like it and it would most probably lead me to quitting,but I see no real reason to deny their intentions and be optimistic.

The contract is a safety net should they need to make a reset. It does not represent the intentions of the company, it simply allows them freedom to do what they feel they need to do.

Sadly.

Those two points use non-committal terminology, and DE has repeatedly said that they aren't planning to force a reset unless some terrible event occurs where a reset is the only viable method of fixing it.

Its only called Beta so they can point to the ongoing improvements and bugs.

I've played games that were in "Beta" for extended times like this. Sometimes they don't even announce release, they just stop using the term beta subtly.

You won't have to worry. DE aren't the types to penalize us.

Why would anyone even suggest a reset? xD that'd be a total scam for those of us who paid $$$ for Prime Access, Plat discounts, Founders and all that. And really we left closed beta with some kind of reward so I'd expect to see something pretty dang decent. But, as all are stating the beta phase of this game may not end even in a far future as the game is very buggy and sometimes has problems with connectivity, framerate drops for no reason and I already had my "clip-out-of-the-map" session happen today.

But yes:
Dex Hydroid

Edited by Ocaz

The numbers say otherwise, as usual.

Numbers? What numbers? Or are you referring to the fact that there are barely over 7 million registered users? (Destiny has over 9 million, and still has more active players than Warframe)

Warframe is reaching the end of its life... unless DE really does something about it.

Numbers? What numbers? Or are you referring to the fact that there are barely over 7 million registered users? (Destiny has over 9 million, and still has more active players than Warframe)

Warframe is reaching the end of its life... unless DE really does something about it.

We're closer to 8 million now, AFAIK, which is pretty good seeing as we didn't have the zillion-dollar ad campaign Destiny had.

Warframe is not reaching the end of its life. Trust me on this one. People have been saying that every time some other game came out since back in closed beta. As usual, we've seen nothing be expansion in the size of our playerbase.

I do get the feeling that a lot of people around these forums really do wish the game was dying though.

DE has already stated they do not want to ever reset accounts. At this point, I could see why. Imagine the player base they would lose immediately.

Once the game officially comes out of beta, I'd expect a little beta gift, probably cosmetic, and the launching of a well polished, fully balanced PvP with a complete storyline. 

It may take awhile.

If my account got reset and I lost all of the stuff I worked hard for, I would be legitimately crestfallen. I've devoted a decent chunk of my life to Warframe. Still, I wouldn't leave, as I am sure DE would have the means to restore items to people, even if it took awhile.

While it probably will be a cosmetic, there is a chance it could be (a) weapons(s), similar to the Closed-Beta/Founder eras.

It may indeed take awhile, but I plan to be with DE on every step of the way.

For some reason, I imagine a large group of Tenno marching with DE staff in the front, lol.

Chris Roberts' game has already dragged many Warframe players away. It will drag even more just for it being the perfect space simulation with exploration and true open-world.

lol, seriously?  That's like saying Eve or Elder Scrolls Online have dragged many Warframe players away.  That's a completely baseless and frankly stupid comparison.

THEY ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAMES.

Plus, if you want to get into that, Elite's gameplay has it beat hands down.

the whole beta will probably never end as long as DE wants. DE can call it's the end of beta now and nothing will change. we will still play the game as usual. DE will still update the game regularly.

also i havent heard DE actually called warframe in beta for a while. maybe they dont regard warframe as in beta anymore. just dont want to push it and say "the game is ready. it's out of beta" because we know it's not ready, still many things need to be fixed.

We're closer to 8 million now, AFAIK, which is pretty good seeing as we didn't have the zillion-dollar ad campaign Destiny had.

Warframe is not reaching the end of its life. Trust me on this one. People have been saying that every time some other game came out since back in closed beta. As usual, we've seen nothing be expansion in the size of our playerbase.

I do get the feeling that a lot of people around these forums really do wish the game was dying though.

Just because you have 8 million registered users doesn't mean they're online. At best, there may be 100,000 online. That's at most. On all regions.

FUN FACT: Destiny earned more than 500 million on its sales, completely justifying its development cost.

lol, seriously?  That's like saying Eve or Elder Scrolls Online have dragged many Warframe players away.  That's a completely baseless and frankly stupid comparison.

THEY ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAMES.

Plus, if you want to get into that, Elite's gameplay has it beat hands down.

Elite is a nearly finished game. Star Citizen is still in alpha-beta stage, and it'll still be added with thousands of tiny additions.

Star Citizen and Warframe are both sci-fi, are they not? If so, they're similar. Plus, Star Citizen actually provides more replay value than Warframe, just like the reviews on Steam about Warframe say - ''Perfect game to skip your time while waiting for new, better games to be released.''

And those aren't baseless. Warframe is losing players faster than a frontline soldier needs new socks.

Just because you have 8 million registered users doesn't mean they're online. At best, there may be 100,000 online. That's at most. On all regions.

FUN FACT: Destiny earned more than 500 million on its sales, completely justifying its development cost.

Just because Destiny has over 9 million players, doesn't mean ALL OF THEM WILL BE ACTIVE.

And where is your factual claim that there may be 100,000 online? 

Fun Fact: Destiny also was a massive disappointment and only got back its money because of the hype everyone had for it. It influenced them to into buying it first without actually looking at reviews.

And those aren't baseless. Warframe is losing players faster than a frontline soldier needs new socks.

Then show us the evidence. 

Edited by ScrublordPrime

Nothing you probably know if you have done 2000 Hour , we keep all data from now and forever ,and not sure if Beta will be over one day

Beta will be over... one day, when DE decides to move on or making a sequel.... like Bungie announcing a sequel for Destiny not too long ago.

Beta will be over... one day, when DE decides to move on or making a sequel.... like Bungie announcing a sequel for Destiny not too long ago.

But that's Destiny, the most disappointing game of 2014 which was horribly overhyped and only survived more than a day because people pre-ordered it.

DE only will ever want to stop this game when they can stop improving(arguable) it and/or stop caring.

Lack of Content and Burnouts.

So far as I kown

Warframe does not lack content. Burnouts are the only thing that people are really leaving for, because they've gotten everything that can be had or that they want and stop finding everything to be fun.

Edited by (PS4)theelix

Elite is a nearly finished game. Star Citizen is still in alpha-beta stage, and it'll still be added with thousands of tiny additions.

Star Citizen and Warframe are both sci-fi, are they not? If so, they're similar. Plus, Star Citizen actually provides more replay value than Warframe, just like the reviews on Steam about Warframe say - ''Perfect game to skip your time while waiting for new, better games to be released.''

You said it's not baseless yet post no proof for that accusation?  Where are the numbers showing the drop rate in players?  I've heard quite the contrary, so to have a fully formed opinion, I'm going to need those opposing figures from you.

OMG, they're both sci-fi?  Are you just trolling now?  You, quite seriously, believe you can compare 2 games in 2 completely different genres with completely different gameplay, because they're both set in space?  Should we also compare them to Homeworld?  How about Space Quest?  Starcraft?  Kerbal Space Program?  Galaga?