The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Was Your Most Glorious Moment As A Newbie?

Spears

You're going to laugh, but figuring out how to wall run.

This was back when Warframe was released on Steam and the Open Beta period began. There was only 1 tileset and wall running was only known as something that could be done as far as I knew. Three other players and myself got stuck in a room that required to wall run up a wall to get out, and we all just kept running and jumping into it, trying all different kinds of ideas like holding the buttons, just tapping run and holding jump etc, but it just never worked. Many missions were failed up to that one, but then I figured it out and switch teleported the other three out. The world made sense again.

Not quite as flashy or interesting as others, I'm sure, but it was a big deal to me at the time.

was me as newbie

probably right after cicero crisis. Too nub to care.

apollodorus. Loved that mission.

at the start of the mission, one very high level guy dropped an energy restore

was liek "was that really necessary? a shield restore?"

he kindly asked me to quit the game.

end of mission. 40 minutes.

50% damage dealt out of 4 people

650 kills

he qq'd

soloing old bullet-sponge Hek with my low ranked Loki, Mk1-Braton, Lato, and Skana

I was intent on soloing for a while, but I couldn't beat Hek even with all 4 revives (that crazy shield/regen and Bullet Attractor). I got lucky, though. I ended up getting a pillar between the two of us, and I could just barely hit him with Skana's ground slam from that distance. After like 5-10 minutes of jumping and slamming from behind cover, he died.

Man, I felt like a champ.

You're going to laugh, but figuring out how to wall run.

oh this too

I remember when I first started playing thinking the game was absurdly difficult because I wasn't aware of the mod system. My friend and I being cowering behind cover while Grineer who could one-shot us peppered everything around us. Then I got Redirection and felt like a god, while my friend sucked bullets and floor a lot. 

Guess which one of us is still playing. 

Defeating Jackal for the first couple of times was also really rewarding. Back then nobody had super over-powered equipment so the boss was as he was actually meant to be. I *still* think he is one of the most interesting fights and I really hope they make him a mini-boss in regular missions at some point. 

When I first found out about the Void, I used to solo non-endless missions just to explore. I thought it was really cool how many hidden booty rooms there were. Fast forward several weeks. By this point, I'm fairly certain I've seen it all, but I'm looking through all the guides and videos I can find, just to confirm that I knew where all the booty rooms were. It was at this point that I found out about the Reactor Room's Mile-High Clubroom. I then spent the next half-hour attempting to parkour my way up to that damned vent, before giving up and grabbing Nova. So, what was my most glorious moment as a newbie? Entering the Mile-High Clubroom through sheer parkour.

My most glorious moment overall, though, was the first time I realized that Elytron's 3 is stackable. I had the Range, I had the Strength, I had the Energy, and soon after I started madly spamming 3, I had an awkward mess in my pantaloons.

EDIT: Also, my energy color was that neon green from the Halloween palette. Don't lie, you know the one.

Edited by MechaGent

Back in the day, late 2012 or early 2013 I bought my first gun, the Snipetron for 50000 credits. Up until that point my friend had been running around with a strun just obliderating EVERYTHING before me and my Braton had a chance to get in on the action.
He was a Volt and his GF a Loki, I was Excal. But then I got than glorious piece of deathspitting marvel. I was in, and I had power.

<3 Snipetron <3

1v1ing Vor?

Killing a entire battalion of grineer in one slash?

Setting whole armies of infested on fire?

Post 'em here.

My very first Wall attack. 

Basically had a freaking Wargasm, because before I realized how to play, and all the intricasies of this terrible parkour system and wall attack system, I would slice the air above their head and they'd look up like. "Uh..." 

- Getting on a box and laugh at infested because they couldnt get me

- Trolling grineer sawman

- Let Stalker be ganked and rekt by infested while cloaking with Shade

Edited by Aeon66

This goes back for ancient players like me. I was MR3 and I was looking at the rifle mod list on Wikia. I saw that yummy looking mod Split Chamber which only drops on a Tier 3 normal defense. I didn't ask for my clanmate's help and went to solo it using Mag with my promo Bratato (ancient players will relate to this free potato'd braton), I went on a Tier 3 Corpus Defense because at that time, Corpus was the easiest to kill. After doing sooooooo many runs (more than 30 runs) I finally got Split Chamber. I mentioned it in the clan and they were like "NO EFFIN WAY", "HOW COME YOU GOT IT ALREADY, IM LIKE MR7 AND STILL HAVENT GOT IT".

But now, such a powerful mod isn't even worth selling since it's now so easy to get. Times sure have changed.

Finally getting Nova to 30 after weeks of painfully going back and forth trying to level her. After having leveled Mag (starter), then Nyx, then Mirage, I got Nova and Saryn. Nova has to be the most painful thing I've ever tried to level, because I still had very few mods at the time. I'd die from practically anything.

I also used to run without Molecular Prime equipped because I didn't know what it was and deemed it useless.

1400 hours later, I won't put her down.

When I found out the fastest way to get from one point to another was not running but jump coptering. 

I guess the best part was when i got the soma p and syn gammacor. The amount of damage gamma does finally made me not a useless pos in the later waves in t4.

also maybe, making it to nef anyo before the squad killed him.

Soloing vor.

Getting headhunter challenge

soloing an alert on pluto

figuring out that weapons/frames give mastery

discovering a thing called mastery lol

killing someone with penta without actually dying with him

first conclave kill

most important... Realizing life support overflows when used early

srry for spamming, sharing is caring