Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should De Desecrate Primed Chamber (Make It Widely Available)?

BrazilianJoe

nearly everyone

nearly every event release mods that later comes out...and nearly everyone farm them

Considering that you had to be the top 100 and if it were to be as grindy as Eyes Of Blight which had many Tenno uninterested in it and didn't even do the event. Maybe not. But I could care less if it was released for another event.

To be very honest, there is not a lot you are missing without this mod. The damage bonus is easily exchangeable for several other mods. In fact, primed chamber could easily be called "Rare Blank Mod" and still have the value it has now, it's just because of the rarity of it.

I mean, if suddenly everyone lost Ammo Drum and only 50 were made, it would become extremely valuable.

To be very honest, there is not a lot you are missing without this mod. The damage bonus is easily exchangeable for several other mods. In fact, primed chamber could easily be called "Rare Blank Mod" and still have the value it has now, it's just because of the rarity of it.

I mean, if suddenly everyone lost Ammo Drum and only 50 were made, it would become extremely valuable.

Like the PS4 20th anniversary edition. That limited edition made it much more valuable than the original when it really had nothing better to offer when in comparison to the normal one.

Even if they'll re-release it for masses, they put it behind the grindwall.

Primed Chamber is such a mythic creature in Warframe... but only because it's so rare.

Nope. Because of its «exclusivity», because it's clearly overrated (you can use it with 100% efficiency only with Vectis).

Ah, we did not say the Primed Chamber mod is Exclusive to the Drone weekend event, it was just the first time it was introduced. Sorry for the confusion there! I imagine it will appear again in future events.

#DERebecca

From 2013 to Present.

What we've got in '14-'15:

Artifact Defense Event -- rewards are obtainable through alerts;

Sling-Stone Event -- Mutation mods are obtainable through Transmutation or Survivals;

Arid Fear Event -- rewards are obtainable through Nightmare mod;

The Cicero Crisis -- kill Corrupted Vor - get Toxic mod.

Tethra's Doom -- were obtainable through Mutalist Incursions event.

And:
Mirror the mod Contest's 1st place – PRIMED CHAMBER!

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ woo!

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Primed Chamber!

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Fight each other for this mod!

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ wooooo!

...kinda love how they're teasing us, heh.

The fun fact is that the carrot is a Primed Chamber and we're the donkey. No offence, but that's true.

Edited by Spectre-Agent

As one of the original 100 that got this mod: my gawd make it available already. I don't care how.

Maybe my opinion isn't as valid anymore since I sold it some time ago (yeah I admit it), but this absolutely mediocre mod has been nothing but a sore spot for the majority for too long. It's been over a year and a half now; that's more than enough exclusivity.

Anyone who buys this mod is doing so at their own risk as it could become available at anytime, tanking it's value.

I'd be OK with exclusive mods if we were talking about a damage differences of a few percents.. But we're not. It's a game-changer for the Vectis. Vectis almost (but maybe not quite) requires it. Hence, I think that either it or something very similar, that leads to a smaller damage difference, should be available in general.

Edited by tzaeru

Rebecca has stated multiple times that Primed Chamber will return. DE in general has stated that they have been waiting to add it as a reward from an in-game event. They wanted to during the Gradivus Dilemma, but could not accomplish such in time. 

Patience.

The main issue with this topic is if it was suddenly farmable or obtainable for 5mil+ people the people who originally had it would probably have to be compensated with yet another special mod exclusive to them yet another mod for them thus the cycle is merely looped once more. Or suddenly 10K plat than another side will rant for no reason.

But that's just how the market is. A new mod is introduced, EVERYONE wants it, but since it's new, supply is low, demand is high. Remember the stance mods and the markets? People paid 200+ platinum for let's say Tranquil Cleave, now, it's not even worth 10% of that original amount. Primed Chamber is a limited supply but people don't even run sniper rifles as much as other weapons. It's been well over a year and a half. If anyone gets butthurt about wasting platinum on a mod they wont use well, that's on them. 

But that's just how the market is. A new mod is introduced, EVERYONE wants it, but since it's new, supply is low, demand is high. Remember the stance mods and the markets? People paid 200+ platinum for let's say Tranquil Cleave, now, it's not even worth 10% of that original amount. Primed Chamber is a limited supply but people don't even run sniper rifles as much as other weapons. It's been well over a year and a half. If anyone gets butthurt about wasting platinum on a mod they wont use well, that's on them.

But the huge difference was that anyone and everyone could've obtained it and still can today with grinding. Can you say the same with Primed Chamber. It also tends to be the people who don't have it that are butthurt.

But the huge difference was that anyone and everyone could've obtained it and still can today with grinding. Can you say the same with Primed Chamber. It also tends to be the people who don't have it that are butthurt.

True, about those who don't have it being butthurt. What DE should really do is either make this mod available, (great for the masses) or to buff up sniper rifles more (they REALLY need it) while ALSO making Primed Chamber and Charged Chamber (and the Primed Charged Chamber) NOT usable together. People want the mod for the damage. That's what I'd use it for, not to make a quick profit lmao (I still have my legendary cores, some multiple copies of the event "exclusive" mods, etc).

Well firstly this mod was released years ago now when there was not the base of people playing as there is today. The mod in itself was never exclusive and stated that it can be pulled from the vault anytime. This is no different than when they returned the Brakk to be farmed from G3 after everyone thought it to be exclusive and the grind to get it from the event was hell. There are several other instances as well.

- Is it a viable mod that everyone will want? I doubt it unless you are a person who plays snipers.

- Is it something that should be put in the game for farming/grinding now? Yes indeed and it would have a still super rare drop chance where ever it goes.

- Is it going to upset the people that have it or who have traded insane amounts of platinum for it? Yes, but again this was not exclusive and trading it at your own free choice regardless. Risk/Reward you know!

- Has every single event ever run been plagued with cheaters at the top of the leaderboard? Yes indeed it has and still remains and always will.

Can you prove the people who got this deserved it or did they use unconventional methods (cheating/exploiting) to obtain the rank for it. The key point here is no mod was ever meant as an exclusive and most event item were never meant as exclusive (unless stated otherwise - Founders, PC, CB, Steam, etc) either. 

Is it time to place it in the game as available? Indeed it is since several others have already been placed, in that were believed to be exclusive, which came afterwards.

Finally would the people who originally had this deserve compensation for a non-exclusive item? No indeed they would not many who have made a pretty penny selling it on the market already have been compensated.

I've said before and I'll say again.

Just buff charged chamber to match primed, and give primed a unique visual effect, like a glowy particle on a fully loaded sniper, and a golden tracer on the primed shot.  Add in mutual exclusivity (they count as the same mod the same way broken/normal/primed mods do already) and call it a day.

Primed can still be a super unique status symbol or whatever, and the game itself can be balanced stat-wise.

Edited by Callback

We won't get Ancient Retribution. It's a placeholder mod, and isn't actually useable.

As for Primed Chamber, yes, it should be openly released, and should never have been made for 50 copies only out of the.... like 3 million+ players or something.

Trying to find ONE is far beyond a needle in a haystack... it's more grain of salt in desert!

Technically finding salt in a desert is easier than a needle in a haystack :P

Toxic mods were given to those player who earned them during the event, now everyone can get them. I really don't see the issue here. Nobody made anybody pay stupid amounts of platinum for a mod, they simply decided that it was worth that.

I'm all for everything being available to everyone (who earns it).