The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unfortunate Side Effect Of Updates

Dom1nati0n

I signed in one day, and the skill trees on weapons were gone and I was compensated with some large xp value cards and a few mods to put on my weapons and stuff, so that my level 30 gear wasn't useless.  Of course I used these cards, and it did help make my weapons useful again.

I signed back in one day, more recently, and all of my cards, including some of my weapons are now gone.  And I'm doing level 1-6 grinds to make my level 30 weapon, and my level 16 melee useful again.  It's just an unfortunate side effect.  I just feel a bit gipped after they compensated me for taking away all my weapon progress then they took away the compensation as well, which i'm sure wasn't intentional, but still is a huge huge bummer all the same.  

I don't think De has ever taken away weapons for players. and it sounds like you logged in during closed beta, and then once several months later. and then again several months after that.

I think it's important for you to know that warframe is this ever changing evolving thing that is rapidly improving and changing how the game works. occasionally things like you described happen, but if went back and read the patch notes or looked at the number of updates you'll realize it wasn't just you. the more often you log in the easier it is to experience these changes.

Older players coming back have to do the new tutorial, where you pick a temporary frame and weapon set, but once you complete the quest line you should have your basic stuff back.

I started in the U6/U7 era, after the modding system change, and none of my stuff got reset.

I signed in one day, and the skill trees on weapons were gone and I was compensated with some large xp value cards and a few mods to put on my weapons and stuff, so that my level 30 gear wasn't useless.  Of course I used these cards, and it did help make my weapons useful again.

I signed back in one day, more recently, and all of my cards, including some of my weapons are now gone.  And I'm doing level 1-6 grinds to make my level 30 weapon, and my level 16 melee useful again.  It's just an unfortunate side effect.  I just feel a bit gipped after they compensated me for taking away all my weapon progress then they took away the compensation as well, which i'm sure wasn't intentional, but still is a huge huge bummer all the same.  

Have you been logging in steadily or with large spaces in-between?

Wow. That all happened at like.. update 7? I already went through it myself, having no mods whatsoever, only fusion cores for all past mod drops. If you're missing weapon, you may want to mention what weapons, since there weren't a lot back then. Then file a support ticket and they can confirm your situation. Although I imagine you are talking about the new Vor's Prize newbie question, which you do have to mostly complete before you gain access to all your equipment and various modules for your Liset.

Get back to playing and you'll get all the mods you need eventually. Weapon level doesn't have much of an impact.

Wow I had no idea this was even a thing in Warframe since I had just signed up right after their first anniversary. Still seeing as you have just posted your first post and had been gone for such a long time I think everyone hear knows what their talking about. Back then it sounds like wiping was just something that was ganna happen, at least they remembered a very old player in need in the end.

I signed in one day, and the skill trees on weapons were gone and I was compensated with some large xp value cards and a few mods to put on my weapons...

That part is false. I've been active since Close Beta and DE never gave us mods for our gear when the mod system changed.

All of our old mods from Mod 1.0 got converted to Fusion Cores.

So we only got Fusion Cores when Mod 2.0 got implemented.

This system is ultimately better because the mods back then were entirely RNG generated.  You had no control over actual stat bonuses and it was all entirely up to chance.  Nowadays all you need to do is farm specific enemies and you'll be set across all items of that type. 

This system is also cheaper and more versatile.

Edited by Gaminus