Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To All The Players That Said That They Are Burnt Out... (Off Topic)

Renegade343

There is no need to worry!

After all, since burning out means you have run out of steam, just shovel some burning coal into your stomach! Soon, you will running on full steam, and be very motivated to play Warframe again (on Steam!).

Do not try this. No, really, do not try this.

I dont think I will try to eat coal but I am looking into Defiance f2p, is that any good?

It's got some decently engaging gunplay and the large scale events are cool but then you realize

- The missions are cookie cutter boring

- Almost nothing is explained for people that haven't seen the show. You can still play but you won't get much out of the characters or lore.

- Your character has some crippling social disorder, and never has anything to contribute, to a noticeable and disconcerting degree. Like everybody else just walks all over you because you never say or do ANYTHING.

- If you thought Warframe involved grind to get good gear, you simply have not met grind yet

- No economy of premium currency; literally the only way to get their version of platinum is to buy it. Pure F2Players will miss out on several good things.

Try it out. See the neat boss battles. But don't plan to "cap out" or stay involved for long.

It's got some decently engaging gunplay and the large scale events are cool but then you realize

- The missions are cookie cutter boring

- Almost nothing is explained for people that haven't seen the show. You can still play but you won't get much out of the characters or lore.

- Your character has some crippling social disorder, and never has anything to contribute, to a noticeable and disconcerting degree. Like everybody else just walks all over you because you never say or do ANYTHING.

- If you thought Warframe involved grind to get good gear, you simply have not met grind yet

- No economy of premium currency; literally the only way to get their version of platinum is to buy it. Pure F2Players will miss out on several good things.

Try it out. See the neat boss battles. But don't plan to "cap out" or stay involved for long.

I have seen the series so it doesnt sound so bad, thanks for the review. I was curious though if there is any p2w issues? 

There is another kind of burn-out, waiting for the fix too long.

You know, THAT issue you can't deal with, testing other frames, weapons, missions but still thinking: what the hell DE, just fix it, do you even play your own game?

And then, another update comes, you post - 'still no fix for' in patch topic and grind mindlessly for new questionable quality content.

I have seen the series so it doesnt sound so bad, thanks for the review. I was curious though if there is any p2w issues? 

Well, if you want to access content past some island on a bridge (about 15-20 hrs of play into the game), you have to buy that content. It's not a free ride from beginning to end like Warframe can be (if you're willing to put in the grind).

And although not a P2W issue, I've found that LMGs are pretty much the best guns in the game, with lots of damage/shot, high RoFs, and usually decent accuracy, off-setting any issues they might have. If you find a good one in the beginning and are even half-decent at pointing your mouse at things, you'll get 3rd-1st place in most open world encounters, which is how you generally get money, guns, and resources at a comfortable rate.

So, yeah...it's ok, but it gets old fast. And the characters are kind of annoying. I'm almost glad that your character never talks.

Edited by Vanadium

There is no need to worry!

After all, since burning out means you have run out of steam, just shovel some burning coal into your stomach! Soon, you will running on full steam, and be very motivated to play Warframe again (on Steam!).

Do not try this. No, really, do not try this.

Or, you may try milk and pickles..

For now, building castles, villages and whatnot in my extremely hill-filled Minecraft world is keeping me satisfied, and when I get bored of it I just gather up some friends and we go all "F*** the police" in Payday 2. Warframe is definitely interesting, I will come back from time to time to get some new thing I kinda want or for the new updates, but the grind is horrible and not even fun after a couple months. It becomes a chore, not a game. And I know what I'm talking about, I've played EVE Online for 2 years...