Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Syndicate Repocalypse

Archistopheles

Note to readers: This was intended to be a discussion among players about the recent change, not direct feedback about the subject. As this is a brand new topic, there is no way to provide feedback as we have not experienced the actual effects of this change.

Even though this is now in "feedback", please discuss your opinion with your fellow players.

~~~~~~~~

Daily rep gain has just been cut in half... We should probably talk about it before flooding the feedback forum with negativity.

Syndicate Changes:

Syndicate Daily Quests for Standing have received an Affinity overhaul! These changes should make Syndicate Missions much more rewarding to complete, in addition to decreasing the Daily Syndicate Standing Cap for non-Syndicate missions.

• Syndicate Daily Missions now give double the Standing they did previously.
  • Daily Standing caps for non-Syndicate missions for have been reduced by half (remember, this cap is determined by Mastery Rank). For example:

• MR 0 could earn 2000 Standing before, now 1000.
    • MR 1 could earn 4000 Standing before, now 2000.
    • MR 2 could earn 6000 Standing before, now 3000.
  • Syndicate Mission Medallions have new standing values:
  • Common Medallions are now worth 500 Standing
  • Uncommon Medallions are now worth 1000 Standing
  • Rare Medallions are still worth 5000 Standing
Edited by Archistopheles

I'm fine with it.  I had a 38k max so now I have a 19k max, but if the dailies have been doubled I get an extra 5k-6k or so from that syndicate, or about 8k-9k if I do the partner syndicate as well, throw in increased medallion gains and it's only slightly less than normal.

Understandable change too, they most likely got sick of Excals and Trinity's maxing out in 30 minutes, can't say I blame them.  This is why we can't have nice things.

Well, looks like their trying to make the daily missions and medallions more worthwhile, and cut down on people just doing the rep farming and ignoring them

Hey, if everyone is as cool with it as you folks are, I guess I can get on board too.

Edit: Damn it Tulzcha. I wanted to discuss this with other players. No where in my opening post did I provide any feedback to DE.

Edited by Archistopheles

I don't know, it's easier to get rep from all the factions by grinding all the syndicate missions but just makes normal gameplay less rewarding, forcing you to grind syndicate missions every day instead of just playing fun missions. 

So on the whole, not a welcome change. Not that there's much reason to get syndicate rep at the moment.

It really didn't need another nerf, which basically makes everything more expensive.

Edited by Zeromanicus

... Medals don't count toward cap and they where majorily buffed. Dailies also don't count per cap... Soo not really a huge nerf. You just can't get a bunch of rep from rep farms anymore...

Not really that sad.

Sorry, did the math you're wrong.

My daily rep gain for a single syndicate is roughly 45-48k rep. That's 38k + my medallions. Now it's 19k + doubled medallions which adds up to.....about 37-39k rep. That IS a nerf, sorry bro

Edited by cyrus106

Sorry, did the math you're wrong.

My daily rep gain for a single syndicate is roughly 45-48k rep. That's 38k + my medallions. Now it's 19k + doubled medallions which adds up to.....about 37-39k rep. That IS a nerf, sorry bro

I said not a huge nerf. :)

Also i did no math. :P

Even if you factor in the daily missions (which I'm not a fan of) it's still a significant hit on our gains.

How so? At max rank, Dailies give about 3.1k, 2k, and 1k, for each 3. In these missions are also a handful of medallions. Now, all of that is doubled, and medallions are worth more. A max of 8 medallions can spawn per mission. Even if all 8 of them are the commons, that's 8k rep there for one mission, and then the other ones that spawn on other missions. Then, there's an addition ~12k for doing all dailies. At MR14 (my current rank), you got a cap of 28k. With that halved and at 14k, I can spend less time mindlessly mashing 2 with Trinity and more time doing other stuff. So, 14k + ~12k + 8k (minimum)....At least 34k and even higher than that depending on how many medallions I get and their rarity. Plus, less time mindlessly mashing 2 with Trinity.

Because it reduces the gains from non-Syndicate missions and encourages players to actually do things the way DE intended - to do the Syndicate missions to rank up in the Syndicates.

I would do those Syndicate missions if they are more fun... They are just normal missions with "Syndicate" slapped on it.. And some randomly placed medallions that sometimes stuck inside ice walls on Corpus outposts..

I'm most unhappy with this change because of all the RNG in acquiring medallions. I typically run Syndicate dailies solo as an invisible frame. I don't have to worry about joining a half-finished run and backtracking for medallions, alerted enemies constantly locking doors, or murdering the swathes of enemies high-level missions spawn just to find a particular dead end didn't contain a medallion. The trade-off for my minimum-irritation approach is that I can't defend objectives.

Hijacks, Defenses, etcetera, are unpopular choices for solo play, so I'm probably not the only one praying to RNGesus that I don't see them show up in my dailies. Then, I get to pray again that my mission will be an 8 medallion run, and once more on each medallion being a higher tier -- and now daily earnings are more dependent on this multiple-RNG wall.

This change also makes Syndicate choices less flexible. Before, if you wanted to run two non-allied syndicates you could use your daily limit as needed between them, but now we're locked into a more even split -- assuming medallion RNG averages out.

Changing Syndicates is, literally, twice as hard since we don't have dailies before rank 1 to obtain medallions or bonus reputation.

As for positive things to say about this, people not using a rep farm now have an easier time maxing out their daily extra standing.

scroll down read the patch note

2.0 okay 

syndicate cut in half 

even math with the daily mission + medallions ( which i never find it ) still less then before

after the syndicate cap now this 

screw it 

but anyway i expect LOT of rage and rant thread in an hour

Edited by VioletX