Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do You Pc Players Feel About The New Update?

(PSN)WiiConquered

It's great. Spy 2.0 is great, the quests are great, the new SFX and VFX gubbins are amazing, all around solid update, also, hek doesn't require a key anymore.

Disregard the people whining about their syndicate XP farm. All these flavors and they choose to be salty.

Yes i agree with MechNexus this update is simply amazing. I'm loving Spy 2.0, it rewards those of us who take a moment to think about how to approach a mission and not just run and gun everything in the room, since it will get you nowhere when your at the actual infiltration area. As for the Syndicate rep changes its not really that serious seeing as you make for most of it with the mission rewards and emblem trade-ins. Try not to get a headache with pubs in Spy 2.0 when the time comes though, as someone will almost always rush in with rhino or something n just jump into every laser to fail the mission XD

How do the accuracy changes feel? Are super quickscope Ballistas gone?

I would assume not (considering they're sniper units), but I haven't tested yet.

They were a pain in the &#! before though, I agree with you.

Edited by Trowicia

Over all, things seem to be actually pretty great. I'm one of those who's fine with the syndicate changes as now it's something you can focus towards rather than the syndicate missions just be side-adventures.

Though, I expect specialized syndicate missions to eventually be a thing rather than simple re-hashes of current missions. It's really just a given from what I can see.

In any case, it's over all pretty sweet.

I dislike having syndicates run with me on syndicate alerts. They get in the way and ruin my stealth. Got killed a couple times because the enemies are aiming at them and I a invisible loki get caught in a cross-fire.... Make it, like go to the relay ask them to join or not on syndicate missions. This way people have an option. Or have that option on the syndicate panel in the liset.

I dislike having syndicates run with me on syndicate alerts. They get in the way and ruin my stealth. Got killed a couple times because the enemies are aiming at them and I a invisible loki get caught in a cross-fire.... Make it, like go to the relay ask them to join or not on syndicate missions. This way people have an option. Or have that option on the syndicate panel in the liset.

Agree, they should be more like drop-in-on-demand types. When we need their help, we can call them.

spy 2.0 is great, I can't wait to see if you will add more bits to it.

new quest was pretty fun.

rakta ballistica still needs more buffing.

not enjoying the fact that the new secondary requires 6 different weapons to make, but I'm in no rush.

sad about the syndicate standing nerf, but whatever I can deal.

as an AMD user I'm glad they gave us some partical physics.

loving the new SFX / VFX.

rakta ballistica still needs more buffing..... :(

Edited by RIOTx

It's great. Spy 2.0 is great, the quests are great, the new SFX and VFX gubbins are amazing, all around solid update, also, hek doesn't require a key anymore.

Disregard the people whining about their syndicate XP farm. All these flavors and they choose to be salty.

+1 for the last sentence.

Edited by Jeetza

Honestly, I think it has been one of the better updates DE has released.

The quest is cool, Spy 2.0 is amazing, 95% of the changes are welcome (not liking the Tar MOA buff), Vay Hek (my second favorite boss) is now much more accessible, and the  new audio features got me to keep my volume on!

Overall, I'd give it a solid 8/10.

Edit:

My only two complaints are the Tar MOA balancing and the Syndicate Rep Cap being cut in half. Moas because they have worse, and the rep cap is more how inconvenient it is if I am limited on time. I want to go and do regular missions and get what I need, while gaining rep. Now, to get near the amount of rep I could get before, I am forced to hunt out medallions and waste my time. Before, I would go do some resource missions, maybe a Draco here and there when I was really wanting something, some void missions for ducats, all while gaining rep. Again, this is an inconvenience, not a "W0W, n0w I cnt farm Draco anymor3? de has lost a paying customer!". One Mission for the entirety of your daily rep is bad, but this change also forces people who passively get rep (like me) to do these syndicate missions to get close to what we could before. Now, this doesn't mean I'm lazy or something. It takes longer to get your rep passively, but you do it while doing other things. It is more convenient, and works well for people who don't have hours to drop doing the same couple of syndicate missions everyday and still have time to do other missions.

Edited by CoRRh

1) Rep cut in half...that's kinda lame imo. I mean I agree that something should have been done to stop draco type farming or at least curb it but instead they punish EVERYONE. ok, w/e their call. Btw, I have never done draco rep style abuse, I get my rep doin the missions and or others not the usual suspects.

2) Bug fixes and stuff: always awesome. +1

3) Changes to graphics: they broke physX for me (there is zero difference with it on or off now) and made the (at least on my comp) graphics way brighter and washed out. I really wish I could roll back this one b/c my game now looks super fugly.

4) Ducat nerfs: ouch. This was already grindy as hell as it was and now it's even worse. I heard you like the void...well time to spend every waking hour, 7 days a week just to save up for next trader deal!

Edited by fizbit

ehh it has its ups and downs. spy 2.0 is pretty neat if you overlook the current dilemma that is syndicate spy missions (your recruits are all about bringing you down in that). also the new quest is cool, albeit it feeling somewhat brief but then that's most quests. gives more fun speculation. and also there's the sound and shadowing stuff that i haven't the time to check out yet, but i imagine they are neat (outside some issues i've heard about the new shading)

and then there's the lows like the nerfs to syndicate rep, R5 cores, and some prime items(by by shiny gold hello something a bit more tacky and dull). not to forget the new weapon which is made unfortunate by being another weapon mix. not sure how de isn't realizing the stupidity of that route, but i'm sure they aren't going to catch on for some while (or at all).

overall this update i feel is pretty balanced, not too great, not too dreadful, which is a large step up to me given their recent track record.  

edit : wait wait wait they nerfed ducats?

Edited by Cubewano

I would also suggest if you are consoles that you snap up those great cheap deals on syndicate weapons since I have this feeling they will increase in price due to the fact it will take considerably more time to earn the rep to purchase them.

I would also suggest if you are consoles that you snap up those great cheap deals on syndicate weapons since I have this feeling they will increase in price due to the fact it will take considerably more time to earn the rep to purchase them.

Not really honestly, at least not for me. Before today, I usually capped out after farming (38k cap) and my dailies (7k + a varying amount depending on medallions) for a syndicate between 45k-55k rep a day. Today, after finishing my dailies (which was twice because the dailies reset after the update, then again at the usual reset time) and turning in all of those medallions I earned about 100k (I began today around 25k and am now at 123k) and I still have 16k rep available to farm for non-syndicate missions. Granted today was a weird day with many extra rep opportunities than there usually be, but cut that number in half and it's still comparable to the amount of rep I was already earning on a regular basis.