Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Else Thinks That The New Reverb In The Sound Is Good.

Aratir

It's pretty ok. However, in some places the reverb is excessive. For instance Dark Sector Sechura in one of the rotations there's an open container behind a pod outside. The echo and sound level gain inside the container is just unbearable when using a headset.

This, it is really loud

I like the reverb effects, though they do need some tweaking.  Sometimes it seems overused or just excessive, but that's just small stuff.  What I do not like though, is that reverb ruined the 'corrupted' sound my Dex Furis would make after it stopped firing rounds.  I loved that sound.

Reverb tweaks are incoming.  It is too loud in some areas and not loud enough in others.  It will be getting a smoothing over pass for the next week or so.

That's totally fair.  There are a lot of tiles and environments to account for.

However, do you know if they would consider a global modifier to the reverb that users could set?   I don't mean to mute or kill it but slightly tweak it up or down globally? 

Or could some pre-delay be added in so the dry sound isn't always totally masked by the reverb tails?  The reverb is cool (if a bit grainy) but it colors the dry sound too much since it sounds like it is right on top of the dry.  Delaying the reverb onset by a fraction of a second (50-80ms?) would probably alleviate some of that "overly colored" sound.  Maybe it is already pre-delayed and I'm talking out my rear but it either needs that or to be just a bit quieter.

[EDIT]  I see some people griping about the mere presence of reverb in the game.  That seems silly to me but maybe a four position setting for the verb?  Disable/Attenuated/Normal/Boosted ?

Is that too picky?  Probably.

Edited by Don_T_Shoot

Yes, some tweaks are required, like when you are in a pipe and there are a lot of ennemis inside, it can be quite painfull with a headset. (eg : cambria excavation earth)

But like most of us, overall it's been a great improvement for the game.

Or could some pre-delay be added in so the dry sound isn't always totally masked by the reverb tails?  The reverb is cool (if a bit grainy) but it colors the dry sound too much since it sounds like it is right on top of the dry.  Delaying the reverb onset by a fraction of a second (50-80ms?) would probably alleviate some of that "overly colored" sound.  Maybe it is already pre-delayed and I'm talking out my rear but it either needs that or to be just a bit quieter.

This please. The reverb is an awesome addition to the game but it feels slightly off because of the lack of delay. Echoes naturally have a small delay in them and in game it is currently being reverberated immediately.

I think the reverb in metallic environments is a uncomfortable, this metallic reverb needs to be less metallic, probably its too realistic, and needs to be more enjoyable under acceptable non realistic terms

Edited by rockscl