Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

R5 Cores Are Still Nerfed After Hotfix 15.14...

pungent.snatch

Because the viver reaction was a hellstorm . No one wants that back (except you), even the devs preferred to not even mention the update that had the viver fixes because of the backlash. Repeating that backlash is just a poor and immature way to get a fix done, it's like we have to cry and $#*(@ to get something fixed. That isn't how an adult acts, that's how an immature brat acts.

in case my first post regarding viver wasn't clear enough even though i typed it, i wasn't around during the viver incident. All i know is that the players reacted strongly and the nerfs were reverted. If the reaction was as bad as you say it is then sure, let's not go there but what we need now then is a reaction as large as the viver incident without the bad S#&$.

I mean, there are currently tons of threads and posts citing the glaring issues of this whole R5 core problem, some of which are already direct attacks to Sheldon and DE as a whole. Many players have already put their statistics on the table showing the drop rate of cores from both T4S and solar chart missions. Are these reactions not heavy enough?

Yet more sample data. 5 more games, on pluto this time. 3 out of 10 hits again, this brings me to a total of 7 out of 30, or ~23%. Even though this sample size is still relatively small, it might be possible assuming they replaced both the single uncommon and rare core with corepacks.

s7honwiy.jpgf8kfyo6o.jpgefjf2poc.jpgzu8rtfmn.jpg4x7l4kmg.jpg

So a bit higher than feared, but still way too low to replace old t4s in any way. In fast, t4s might still be better than this. I'll get a lot of t4s sample data next, because i have the nagging feeling simply splitting the old dropchance for corepacks in half won't cut it, i've gotten too many prime trash drops for that to be true. We'll see.

Oh and one more thing, don't bother with uranus, i played 2 games there then immediately stopped after receiving a single rare core as A-reward - apparently lvl 25 enemies aren't high enough to qualify as a "lvl 20+ hard mission". Good logic:

8ud3pi4u.jpg

Edited by Dunkingmachine

I've gotten NOTHING but credits and random mods, and a single core reward from this crap. I mean, why is credits even part of the loot table? It's not like it's 10k, oh no, that'd be too logical and partially worth it, instead it's 1,5k-2,5k rewards of creds. Not to mention still keeping the single rare core reward as part of the loot table.

Am I the only one who actually read the patch notes? 

All this means is that they added them back in but its still just as hard to farm them. Rare 5 packs apparently no longer drop on T1-4 Survival missions but instead on regular starchart missions. Not to mention, they only drop on Rotation A.

Rotation A (Enemy Level 20+) Drop Table:

- 2000 Credit Cache Reward

- 2500 Credit Cache Reward

- Uncommon Fusion Core

- Rare Fusion Core

- Steady Hands

- Stabilizer

- Power Throw

All of them have a 14.29% chance of dropping. Add in Rare 5 fusion core packs. All of them now have a 12.5% chance of dropping. In comparison, T4 Survival used to offer a 77% chance of dropping Rare 5 fusion core packs in Rotation A only since they were considered "common". They then added in 3x Orokin Cells in Rotation A as a "common" reward which halved the chances of getting a Rare 5 pack in Rotation A again (38.5% now). 

***(5x) Rare 5 Pack "%" chance of dropping***:

Original Rotation A of T4 Survival: 77%

Post-nerf Rotation A of T4 Survival: 38.5%

Current Rotation A on regular starchart missions: 12.5%

All credit for this example goes to cyrus106.

***Evidence (all credit for these pictures goes to Dunkingmachine)***:

Results from five 10 minute runs of Pluto, Cerese, Neptune, and Uranus:

8sc7gnm6.jpgasx9ikug.jpg4mrcizpz.jpg5eu2iy7y.jpgbe5f6g25.jpg

I know they're spread out on all starchart missions (Enemy Level 20+), which is great since there isn't a need to go into the void anymore, but there's still no reliable way to farm for them.

I mean, they're back so that's a step in the right direction but they're still very hard to farm. From what I understand, this is what it sounds like but I could be wrong. The patch notes weren't very specific. Can we get an official response to this from a DE staff member? Thoughts?

EDIT:

Solution:

- Remove Credit Cache rewards and increase the credits gained from a mission.

- Place cores on planets according to their rarity.

[-] Common (Bronze) Cores [0-10 Enemy Level]

[-] Uncommon (Silver) Cores [10-20 Enemy Level]

[-] Rare (Gold) Cores [20+ Enemy Level]

- Planets are locked by Mastery Rank. This would also give people incentive to rank up.

[-] Rank 0-5 can enter planets Earth, Mercury, Venus, and Mars.

[-] Rank 6-10 can enter planets all previously unlocked planets as well as Saturn, Jupiter, Phobos, Sedna, and Europa.

[-] Rank 10+ can enter all planets.

- All Void missions only provide prime parts. This would reduce RNG.

- Forma blueprints are only found in Orokin Derelict missions. This would also reduce RNG.

XD i don't understand your luck i have no problem to get r5 core 

This is so very, very wrong.

Tying content to mastery rank is basically forcing people to level and sell lots of weapons(due to limited slots) or forcing them to buy new weapon slots just to progress through the star chart.

I kind of wish I could reach through the computer to slap you for suggesting such a horrible idea.

I guess you're right, however, this doesn't reflect anyone elses opinion but my own. I removed it from the original post but this is good. We're generating ideas and hopefully we can find a better solution cause right now, R5 cores are still a huge problem in this game. Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Although I will add, I would prefer something to be done that would make Mastery rank more useful. Buying weapon slots were a bad idea already but since DE won't change that, its kinda necessary. I bought all my weapon and frame slots without purchasing platinum with real money. I got my platinum through trades. I would suggest that others do the same by trading and learning the markets.

Edited by Delirin

Well, the problem is that you're assuming anything at all. Not all common items have the same drop rate, neither do all uncommon or rare items, sometimes they vary quite a bit, enough that assuming common/uncommon/rare tiers is meaningless. You can't just spout arbitrary numbers unless you can back it up with data.

To answer your question, the drop tables used to be unencrypted. Players started unpacking the game's files and finding the hard data on drop rates. Many players felt validated in their rarity complaints, and took DE to task about it. DE gave their usual political answers, and players continued to complain for multiple patches as the changes they requested were not made, and they had the hard data to back it up. DE's response was to encrypt the data so no one could be sure enough to accuse them of anything.

How exactly am I supposed to get this data if its all encrypted? This is all general information that could be right or could be wrong. What I do know is, and with information from DE changelogs from patches, is that the old drop rates from T4 survival has changed. You can't argue that it hasn't because it has and there's proof floating around the forums if you look for it. In addition to that, the new rates found on starchart missions are considerably lower considering packs are now exclusive to Rotation A where as they use to be in ALL Rotations A through C. 

More sample data for you! 5 more games, all vs grineer on ceres. Got a lot luckier this time, 3 packs out of 10 rewards. I'm at 4 out of 20 in total now, so 20%. Will do more sample runs on other planets later.

zpj3xr5k.jpgpu8frxnm.jpgja8dl2b5.jpg4r3lpraj.jpgt92crf37.jpg

Thanks, I'll add that into my main post.

I dunno where OP gets that info from, but core packs still drop in void missions.

The information is just general knowledge and is by no means completely 100% accurate. Most of the information is from Warframe wiki pages and other people on this forum.

Well, they're named Rare Fusion Cores for a reason.

You must not have leveled up many mods to understand why they're so important. The fusing energy process is a mess which is why we need these cores.

How exactly am I supposed to get this data if its all encrypted? This is all general information that could be right or could be wrong. What I do know is, and with information from DE changelogs from patches, is that the old drop rates from T4 survival has changed. You can't argue that it hasn't because it has and there's proof floating around the forums if you look for it. In addition to that, the new rates found on starchart missions are considerably lower considering packs are now exclusive to Rotation A where as they use to be in ALL Rotations A through C.

Thanks, I'll add that into my main post.

The information is just general knowledge and is by no means completely 100% accurate. Most of the information is from Warframe wiki pages and other people on this forum.

You must not have leveled up many mods to understand why they're so important. The fusing energy process is a mess which is why we need these cores.

The unencrypted data is available on reddit, so saying we "don't know the drop rates" is a poor arguement. I'm sure Delirin can agree with me, as some of you insist on defending these awful changes Edited by cyrus106

I got my platinum through trades. I would suggest that others do the same by trading and learning the markets.

With the ingame economy and trading system as it is right now, trading just plain sucks. Only so many people understand what to do to make a decent profit.

It's a lot of "Let's exploit the person who doesn't know the prices!" game. 

With the ingame economy and trading system as it is right now, trading just plain sucks. Only so many people understand what to do to make a decent profit.

This is untrue. I have made tons of plat without scamming a single person.

Think about it.

10 plat minimum per trade is my personal rule. I get 20 trades a day so 200 plat minimum. 200x5 days == 1000 plat. People new to trading think they MUST sell the rarest item to make profit. Newsflash, you dont

The unencrypted data is available on reddit, so saying we "don't know the drop rates" is a poor arguement. I'm sure Delirin can agree with me, as some of you insist on defending these awful changes

Apparently most of that unencrypted data is outdated so it would be hard to use to prove my points. Still don't see why people are defending this nerf though. It doesn't benefit them in any way.

You're exactly correct. Trading does suck, but its there and its the only alternative to getting platinum without spending money. I've had my fair share of getting ripped off when I was new to trading but after a while I started to get the hang of it. Since then, I've never had a problem with platinum. I don't have a lot of it (have 0 at the moment) but if I spend my day trading, I could easily net around 100+ platinum with the mods and items I have.

All of the people threatening to leave should just do it already.  Seriously, I dare you.

I think there's only been one or two people who said they "might" leave. No ones threatening anyone. We're just sick of these awful nerfs that shouldn't be implemented in the first place.

Apparently most of that unencrypted data is outdated so it would be hard to use to prove my points. Still don't see why people are defending this nerf though. It doesn't benefit them in any way.

You're exactly correct. Trading does suck, but its there and its the only alternative to getting platinum without spending money. I've had my fair share of getting ripped off when I was new to trading but after a while I started to get the hang of it. Since then, I've never had a problem with platinum. I don't have a lot of it (have 0 at the moment) but if I spend my day trading, I could easily net around 100+ platinum with the mods and items I have.

I think there's only been one or two people who said they "might" leave. No ones threatening anyone. We're just sick of these awful nerfs that shouldn't be implemented in the first place.

The most recent one is 15.13, thats pretty recent if you ask me