Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframes You Unexpectedly Enjoyed?

Kihana

Mag. Never would've expected my starting frame to be one of my mains, especially with such a low-damage ult and faction-specific damage type and skillset.

Also Valkyr, very health-based, melee-centric frame, where I was primarily ranged with a focus on shields over health. Still saw frequent use.

Oberon for me as well.  I had the parts but never built him because my friends who had him never used him and just said he was alright but not great.

It just so happens I needed some mastery fodder right after he got buffed and have been using him as my main ever since.   He doesn't do anything extreme (like Radial Javelin, Disarm, Molecular Prime, etc) but he fills in the gaps in the team very well, that is to say I find him versatile and fun.

Also Loki to some extent.  I only built him to cheese one of the Mastery Rank stealth tests and never used him again.  Then someone pointed out that he's useful for other things.   He's not my main but the fun of the whole  'flying by the seat of your pants' squishiness combined with Irradiating Disarm is hard to deny.   Plus sometimes I get sick of running so slowly with Oberon, so the sprinting is nice.

Hmm, Oberon is mostly a deer, you'd think he could run and jump faster than anyone...

So far :

1. Excalibur, when I was a noob, I viewed him as nothing but a starter frame and didn't wait any longer to dump him for some tankier frames. Started playing him a few months back and realized I've been using him wrong. I like Radial Blind as it suits my melee style

2. Hydroid, I main him, back then, when Hek was still behind a huge-grindwall, it was obviously difficult to obtain Hydroid and so he was "rare". I just thought it would be nice to own an exotic frame that is hidden behind one of the largest grindwall in the game and would occasionally take him out for a spin, I take him everywhere now. He's fun and the ideas behind his skills and theme are interesting

Yea, Suicide Trinity.  I really hate support classes/roles so I was surprised when I saw a build use her to room clear faster than most other frames.  I was rank 6 at the time.  Been using her in that fashion so much since then that I've got more kills on my Trinity than all my other weapons/frames/companions combined.

This one:

warframe.com

"Hmm, nothing on the PS4 that's worth playing except for Resogun.... well, there are these 2 free-to-play games, but they always suck.  Welp, this S#&$ty blacklight game sure doesn't buck that trend.  Warframe... "ninjas play free"?  God that sounds stupid.  Guess I'll try it.  Ehhh, wow, surprisingly fun gameplay.  Oh, it's on the PC?  F*** this PS4 S#&$."

Edited by FishNeedles

mesa. because she was in a very thick grindwall i didnt even bother trying to get her, until my clanmates says he needs help with ebola salad and a some random dude that invited me. got it in 3 runs so i decide to might as well make her. turns out she's pretty fun to use although mostly her 3 4. i spam 2 too but it doesnt look that fancy and i sometimes just forgot her 1 is there.

Have too save Nekro's. I leveled him too 30 and then gave up on him way too fast too really know how players were using him appropriately, now iv rebuilt him and he's only lv 8 and I'm enjoying every minute of having too level him all over again.

Not too mention I just recently got an amazingly better computer then what I had before....so that helps too when your using his 4th ability.

I was really impressed by Limbo. I didn`t liked Limbo from the beginning. I just tought his skills are pointless and stupid, etc.

Until few days ago when I got Limbo and I started to play on him. And guess what ? It`s really fun ! <3. It`s a situational warframe, but it`s a really good one as well. I already have 3 builds on it and I enjoy playing it when it`s needed :D .

Ash & Snake Woman

Never liked him, hated him, hated his guts, wanted him out of warframe. until I watched a video of him, and found perfect weapons for him.

As for the snake woman, hated her, she was ugly and looked like a snake hooker, she still does, but I changed my colors on her and give her Infested armor and weapons, now shes my infested warframe and I love her

Edited by LegionCynex

Excalibur. DE didn't really build him up in his description back in the day. He was 'a good all around starter frame.' That just turned me off immediately. I grabbed loki instead, because he required skill. It was a while later that I remembered I had an Excalibur prime and hate leveled him for the mastery. Then one day I started getting into puddling about with all my frames and seeing what I can do with them. I like Excalibur a lot now. His 4 button spam thing with trinity is duller than dirt, but other ways to play with him are great.

Excalibur. DE didn't really build him up in his description back in the day. He was 'a good all around starter frame.' That just turned me off immediately. I grabbed loki instead, because he required skill. It was a while later that I remembered I had an Excalibur prime and hate leveled him for the mastery. Then one day I started getting into puddling about with all my frames and seeing what I can do with them. I like Excalibur a lot now. His 4 button spam thing with trinity is duller than dirt, but other ways to play with him are great.

I still feel the same way about Excal as you did, it turns me off and well this hole Excal Prime thing, made me hate Excel's guts outright. I still do to this day, I've never used him, alought I did buy him with little plat I had over cuz, why not mastery folder.

However until I saw that the Proto-Skin is coming for him once more, Im going to buy that skin and then use Excal, then hopefully my mind will be changed and I will grow to like him.

But until that skin comes out, Excal can stay in his sleeping pod.

Oberon. Used to think of him as a junk frame, Trinity wannabe. Mastery fodder and dust collector. Then I tried Saryn Regenerative Molt Rage-build. Tons of fun! Old useless Broberon could be built like that, I thought. Also, I happened to breed Huras Kubrow at exactly that moment.

It was a total blast! Rage build = infinite mana for radiation procs and ground finishers everywhere. Former disrupt enemy auras. Awesome! Not the best frame for cc or damage, but versatile durable powerhouse. And I thought he's a garbage.