Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players Too Hard On De?

DivineSouls

If you're talking about Rebecca and Megan, they are the Community Manager and Community Coordinator, respectively.  They're not just random gals plucked off the street.

i knew they weren't just random individuals selected for whatever reason.  i was just wondering what they technically were employed as  since i haven't read anything here related to that.  i assumed "visual-interactive representatives to the playerbase" since they are on the video streams and play with some people here in game on occasion :}  i was kind of hoping for something more technical with coding or design, though

I would agree but they continue to hide important aspects of the game from us.  I.E. the Core nerf.  Anyone who plays Warframe knows how important fusion cores are.  Their is a strong link between cores and being able to optimize builds for later game.

The fact DE did not state anything in regards to this change in the Dev Stream prior to the update would irritate a lot of players.  Though...we can only blame ourselves because frankly people of age act like 5 years olds when the cameras are rolling (when watching Dev Stream.)  

Me personally, I'm not asking for more honestly or more transparency.  I'm just asking for people to come to their senses and do what makes sense.

If I was Sheldon, and yes I'm pointing the finger to him and only him.  I would of told the community about the change I was about to submit.  And if it is to make Warframe age slower, then so be it.  Speak your mind.  It's your game.  I said this before but if DE wants to continue to put their arm around our shoulders in regards to this games process then some one..Sheldon needs some coaching....I say Sheldon because I believe he is the one who makes the drop table changes.  He might not be the hammer that demands it but he is the one who implements it.

The fact is in reality...spirituality..there will always be positive and negative....good...bad..dark..light....it is humanly impossible to please everyone that encounters the game or whatever you want to replace with game.  That being said it's that creator's responsibility to at least please the majority.  And nerfing the droptables is not the majority.  So what was the real reason?

I think DE needs to get more in the fields.  Sorry for the lingo but that means DE needs to play the game more...talk in region (swin through the B.S.) and figure out some things..

Shoutouts to DE Glen..if he remembers me from that one mission lol...if you do remember Glen don't worry I kept that between me and that squad group lol

Edit:  Also please don't take my word "should" as a negative.  I really hate that word but this comment was a freestyle.

Edited by Ishki88

The only problems I have with our community is when we tear each other down for praising DE, and when people put their own interests ahead of what's best for the majority or best for the game.  

I don't want anyone to be afraid to speak their mind, though, because I will always speak mine.  Our players will defend DE if we feel others are being too harsh.  If we are a united front against a change in the game, that should tell DE something.  

The main problem we have had as of late is communication, and God knows that problem doesn't lie with us.  Whether or not DE owes players explanations is arguable, but it really doesn't benefit DE or us for them not to try and communicate why they make such drastic changes.

There needs to be a source in which people should be able to gain them in a reasonable time with efficiency. Denying us of a way, is the wrong thing to do. Remember to get there you had to obtain a key, which you had to do several rounds of specific missions. Which didn't guarantee it after that you had to survive in an environment with high leveled enemies. Should they be rare yes, should they be obtainable yes. There should always be an efficient way and long way. By all means take the long way, if that makes the game fun for you. Why does one party have to suffer?

This goes under the whole "entitlement" thing  Anzo-Drakon was talking about.  In truth, DE gets to set the pacing.  The problem is people are used to maxing out mods as soon as they get them, so that's the "acceptable" norm.

All I ask of DE is to be timely in their rebalancing of things.  It took them entirely too long to get around to buffing the Braton Prime, Shocking Touch and Deep Freeze, and there are still a bunch of "why would I EVER take this" and downright underpowered mods.  Who knows how long it will take them to get around to buffing the AKLato.  Pretty sure the numbers of a single item in game can be adjusted in the time it takes to go take a leak.

Is funny, people were pulling 100+ r5 cores from a SINGLE t4s PER PERSON and didn't think for a moment that perhaps this is a bit much? I mean compare that to other mission types where you are lucky to get even 1-5 for the same amount of time invested then tell me that it didn't need some sort of adjustment. Ok adding orokin cells to the table was certainly a bad idea but I think they were in their right to nerf core gains....

Edited by fizbit

adding those cells to t4 was kind of strange.  but remember, if you players can, how it was to grind out orokin cells for the weapons and frames in the earlier days when you simply needed one or two but could never hold on to them for very long...

i spent most of my early-days of frame/weapon grinding time in that dark sector of  piscinas saturn for the hope of getting one cell for the 5 minutes spent there. and i did level all my weps/frames for mastery directly than "semi-cheating" through the shared affinity of group defenses/interceptions;   and i was always with less than 100k credits, so 5 minutes was always the max to gain the most over time.  personally, i think shared affinity needs to be eliminated, but that would simply create *@##$-threads of kill-stealing 4-press complaints...but anyways...

this is the boon of being the solo player and i apologize if you think i am criticizing the coop lovers, since i know that is actually the most fun for socially-dependant types of personalities. regardless, players who can afford a few excess wep slots, have access to acquiring clan and market weapons/frames, those cells are extremely precious.  i was always overjoyed getting T3 survivals keys with hopes of the cell bundle rewards.  but now, i don;t need anywhere as many....so i know how the pain of excess accumulation of the unneeded versus the required constancy of r5 cores is at this stage of the game. it may be time that the normal mods gained of whatever polarity grant the maximum fusion energy of an uncommon mod of the same polarity to be worth the credit cost of fusing per mod.

I would agree but they continue to hide important aspects of the game from us.  I.E. the Core nerf.  Anyone who plays Warframe knows how important fusion cores are.  Their is a strong link between cores and being able to optimize builds for later game.

The fact DE did not state anything in regards to this change in the Dev Stream prior to the update would irritate a lot of players.  Though...we can only blame ourselves because frankly people of age act like 5 years olds when the cameras are rolling (when watching Dev Stream.)  

Me personally, I'm not asking for more honestly or more transparency.  I'm just asking for people to come to their senses and do what makes sense.

If I was Sheldon, and yes I'm pointing the finger to him and only him.  I would of told the community about the change I was about to submit.  And if it is to make Warframe age slower, then so be it.  Speak your mind.  It's your game.  I said this before but if DE wants to continue to put their arm around our shoulders in regards to this games process then some one..Sheldon needs some coaching....I say Sheldon because I believe he is the one who makes the drop table changes.  He might not be the hammer that demands it but he is the one who implements it.

The fact is in reality...spirituality..there will always be positive and negative....good...bad..dark..light....it is humanly impossible to please everyone that encounters the game or whatever you want to replace with game.  That being said it's that creator's responsibility to at least please the majority.  And nerfing the droptables is not the majority.  So what was the real reason?

I think DE needs to get more in the fields.  Sorry for the lingo but that means DE needs to play the game more...talk in region (swin through the B.S.) and figure out some things..

Shoutouts to DE Glen..if he remembers me from that one mission lol...if you do remember Glen don't worry I kept that between me and that squad group lol

Edit:  Also please don't take my word "should" as a negative.  I really hate that word but this comment was a freestyle.

Great post. I agree.

They are a business and we are the customers. We have every right to criticize the product we are given. However, as many people before have said, Dev bashing is just lame. It doesn't do anything productive for anyone. It's like buying a blender and just saying the company sucks and makes poopy blenders. But why? What is your problem with the blender? If people fail to communicate these kinds of things then it's hard for the company to find their own flaws.

i knew they weren't just random individuals selected for whatever reason.  i was just wondering what they technically were employed as  since i haven't read anything here related to that.  i assumed "visual-interactive representatives to the playerbase" since they are on the video streams and play with some people here in game on occasion :}  i was kind of hoping for something more technical with coding or design, though

The job titles he listed for them are they're official job titles, because their day to day duties stretch well beyond just coordinating livestreams. Their primary role is to research, collect, and organize information from the forums and relay it to the devs as needed. They also assist in sorting and addressing support tickets when and where they are able - that I would imagine takes up a lot if not most of their time.

While constructive and fell thought out feedback is good and beneficial, there are so many drama queens and selfish kids posting recently, it's a bit disheartening. But I must say DE are doing great work mowing this game forward. It might not be in the direction that some people want it to go, but hey, you don't complain about the driver if you are a hitchikerXD

Some people's Ego makes them intentionally confuse Venting Irrational Rage with Constructive Criticism.

That's what makes them live. An immane pile of self-lies. And the sense of belonging to a group (made of irrational rioters, but they won't never understand while they feel satisfaction for it and keep getting upvotes to feed their own Ego).

Ladies and Gentlemens,

E V O L I N V O L U T I O N in year 2000.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

It just seems that these days players are coming down really hard on the devs for things like nerfs and changes, and it doesn't really seem like anyone understands how hard it is to balance this game considering at the end of the day they still need to make it grindy enough for people to buy plat. Also, some players with high MRs seem to complain about how there's nothing to do for them, but getting 2000+ hours on a game isn't half bad. I understand why people are upset about how long it's been since a major update but there was christmas holidays, not to mention this is looking to be a huge update with a lot of things that will need serious polishing before being released. All in all, give these poor guys a break, it must be a nightmare making Warframe sometimes and who does it help to go on the forums and flip out over it getting harder to get an item in the game?

your complains don't help too. 

bring suggestions and we will see

It just seems that these days players are coming down really hard on the devs for things like nerfs and changes, and it doesn't really seem like anyone understands how hard it is to balance this game considering at the end of the day they still need to make it grindy enough for people to buy plat. Also, some players with high MRs seem to complain about how there's nothing to do for them, but getting 2000+ hours on a game isn't half bad. I understand why people are upset about how long it's been since a major update but there was christmas holidays, not to mention this is looking to be a huge update with a lot of things that will need serious polishing before being released. All in all, give these poor guys a break, it must be a nightmare making Warframe sometimes and who does it help to go on the forums and flip out over it getting harder to get an item in the game?

This.

I've been playing for less than a month, and already in that time there have been new weapons and cosmetics, reverb, graphical improvements, spy 2.0 etc.

There is no option to buy prime items from the market - so in a 'pay to win' sense they aren't forcing anyone to spend money to get the best items (entirely optional if you wish to do so by trade). You can pay $0 and still end up with the best gear and equipment.

I'm not sure if WF's playerbase has touched other games, but the sheer amount of content being added on a regular basis is staggering.

I've put in 78 hours of play time in the past 3 or so weeks (which is almost unheard of with my normal gaming patterns), and I've never had this much fun playing a game in quite some time.

Keep up the rad work, DE.

your complains don't help too. 

bring suggestions and we will see

The complains do help, if no one complain how do you expect the problem to be solved.

Identify the problem(Complain)-->Find a solution, that's how things work.

This.

I've been playing for less than a month, and already in that time there have been new weapons and cosmetics, reverb, graphical improvements, spy 2.0 etc.

There is no option to buy prime items from the market - so in a 'pay to win' sense they aren't forcing anyone to spend money to get the best items (entirely optional if you wish to do so by trade). You can pay $0 and still end up with the best gear and equipment.

I'm not sure if WF's playerbase has touched other games, but the sheer amount of content being added on a regular basis is staggering.

I've put in 78 hours of play time in the past 3 or so weeks (which is almost unheard of with my normal gaming patterns), and I've never had this much fun playing a game in quite some time.

Keep up the rad work, DE.

You are still new to the game, most of us have been there for more than 2 years and saw everything that they did wrong. This might seem alot for you but in everything that you named none of those things are ''new'' they are just things that should have been like that since the early year of the game. Like i said, you are still new to the game what you see as ''alot of content'' I see it as a filler.

To end this, we never gave DE complaints or harsh feedback that they didn't deserve.

Edited by Alphafox

The grind for primed mods is a huge concern that needs to be addressed.  The sheer volume of them now means that the amount of boredom rank 10 mods generate cannot be overlooked.

I love this game, but cannot forgive further attempts on the behalf of DE to add yet more grind.

This is an issue the players need to be sincere and consistent in criticizing.

Edited by Lunamaniac

You are still new to the game, most of us have been there for more than 2 years and saw everything that they did wrong. This might seem alot for you but in everything that you named none of those things are ''new'' they are just things that should have been like that since the early year of the game. Like i said, you are still new to the game what you see as ''alot of content'' I see it as a filler.

To end this, we never gave DE complaints or harsh feedback that they didn't deserve.

Maybe you should compare all these additions with other MMOs... IE WoW's development cycle. My lack of longevity in the game doesn't preclude me from having a valid opinion. The game first came out as open beta a little over 2 years ago, being quite light on content. Look at where it is now.

Old WF players seem to get awfully bent out of shape, yet you all happily pour in countless hours each week...

Maybe you should compare all these additions with other MMOs... IE WoW's development cycle. My lack of longevity in the game doesn't preclude me from having a valid opinion. The game first came out as open beta a little over 2 years ago, being quite light on content. Look at where it is now.

Old WF players seem to get awfully bent out of shape, yet you all happily pour in countless hours each week...

Could you enlighten  me on what content was added please?

Beside Archwing,Interception(which can be considered like another defense mission), hubs(if you consider that you can call that content). Everything else that was not name are things that were pretty much a reskin of another mode(void intercept instead of intercept on another planet).

I can't speak for other old players but you won't see me spend countless hours ingame anymore.

This is the most egocentric and egoistic thing I've read today.

The perfect example of how Human's Ego work.

The extreme self-justification for his/their own bad attitude. Absence of doubt.

"WE" as part of self identification on a group, ledding to Group Dynamics (feeling strong, more self esteem, feeling backupped, feeling that your ideal is right just because it's shared by other people -whithout asking yourself if those persons are really using their brain or abandoning themselves to irrational feelings-, feeling of staying out of normal rules).

THIS is the perfect Mirrors Maze.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

Could you enlighten  me on what content was added please?

Beside Archwing,Interception(which can be considered like another defense mission), hubs(if you consider that you can call that content). Everything else that was not name are things that were pretty much a reskin of another mode(void intercept instead of intercept on another planet).

Well, there is a handy list of all the added content in each build right here :)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/3-update-build-notes/

I can't speak for other old players but you won't see me spend countless hours ingame anymore.

But you'll happily sit around on the WF forums and complain, right? ;)

Lots of people feel entitled.

"I want my cake and I want it now and it must not cost a dime and tomorrow I want a new cake again...."

I have played a lot of games over the years and DE does a fine job at listening to the community even though some whining was beyond asinine.

Viver: gaining what...90k rep in 30 minutes? Probably less time involved but I never really did Viver, poked my nose in once, was ordered around, spammed button got an insane amount of rep and mods even though we were not that organized and just shook my head and left since a game mode like that could only be described as terrible for the game.

De fixed Viver they reversed the frame changes due to the complaints by the community! So they do listen!

Nerfing TIVs was the only thing that &!$$ed me off since adding orokin cells of all things while removing/reducing core drops was a bit harsh. They addressed the issue in days.

We get new content fairly fast and even if some of the new toys delivered were underwhelming DE again addressed the situation. Compared to other devs that listen only to a special minority of players or do not listen at all DE does a damn good job and I am not afraid to go out of my way and show support and appreciation by spending coin on a game which is still considered beta unlike other games which are also in beta but I won´t spend any coin on without some hard thinking about it since everything could be turned to horse manure due to some devs whim like it happened in some other games I played by companies that shall not be named. Well it could also happen here but I have confidence in the dev team and so far they have not let me down.   

Edited by Hatzeputt

If they do things without any sort of communication as to why they're going to get an earful. It's as simple as that. If they want to make a change and actually tell us about it during or beforehand, I'm sure they'd get so much less hate but as it stands, they simply don't tell us why anything is happening and in turn we assume the worst.