February 13Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics  

2,324 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Whats wrong with them stating all the changes they did? I find funny people think your crazy if you assume a lot of people don't know whats happened with changes but its okay for you assume the opposite. You can't oppose a blanket statement than make your opposite blanket statement not how it works.

Pretty sure they are pretty clear if you actually read the post. They said they moved them out of the void and they also show the % of getting them in the new place.

R5 cores

I would hope that DE just get rid of recent drops table and announce a new drop (including every single drops) table, Then only collecting vote of satisfaction.

Friendly Fire

Not every people know how to fire enemy properly, some time they will block the sight of teammate firing. I don't mind of applying this, but i might face table because of killing teammate frequently.

ok, that all i want to say.

R5:

An acceptable change, although the loss of them in the Void is still sorely felt. Ideally I'd figure that it would be better to increase the power of fusion cores overall across all tiers.

Friendly Fire:

Haha, tell me another one.

Nekros:

Making Nekros's other skills more appetizing is like giving an ebola patient a bandaid: barely even a token gesture of assistance. Nekros will continue to be Desecrate with legs until the underlying game mechanics are resolved.

Daggers:

Daggers are in serious need of some love, both dual and single, but their niche (stealthy play) is still nonexistent, even with Spy 2.0.

The main thing that confuses me about daggers is why they have the lowest stealth damage multiplier in the game. The whole thing about a stealth attack is that it's close-in, fast, and quiet, inflicting as much damage as possible without making noise. Daggers should be the best at this. Instead, daggers get a 1200% bonus while hammers—gigantic, two-handed blunt weapons, in some cases rocket-powered, that require huge swings to be most effective—get a 2400% bonus. What in the entire heck is up with that!? Daggers should be the kings of the stealth kill.

Edited by motorfirebox

Upcoming Conclave changes
The last Devstream revealed some pretty major changes coming to the Conclaves. The source threads for this topic offer suggestions on how to make the most of the upcoming changes. How would you improve the Conclave? Do you think you’ll PvP more with the balance changes that are coming? Do you like the idea of restricting conclave gear? Do you like the idea to have separate balance for PvP and PvE? If you haven’t caught up on the upcoming changes, check out the Devstream and post your opinions in this thread or the source threads. 

Source threads:

2 of the 3 players you used for your "source threads" are well known among the PVP community.

the 3rd player you picked, is very inexperienced. all you simply need to do is go through all the replies to figure out which of the 3 it is.

if you want good feedback I suggest listening to those that have spent countless hours in PVP and preform well VS most of their opponents. not those that join in 1-2 games and then call for many changes.

Edited by Rompido

The Core issue

I find the idea of moving them out of the void as reward is a good idea to purge the drop tables. But i dislike the grind, time and credits it requires to level up all your Mods DE and specially primed mods.

Friendly Fire

Only as Nightmare Mod, Alert, Event.

Nekros

Daggers

No opinion since i think all weapon animations, the whole melee concept and combos need a whole complete rework.

Melee 3.0, Animations 3.0

But as a starter a few words, red crits, stealth multiplier, stealth buff after stealth kill

Rakta Ballistica

Don´t care.

Conclave

Not here for PvP.

Edited by VoidNomade

Do you think friendly fire would add a fun challenge to certain mission types?

NO ABSOLUTELY NO. I do not want PvP type things creeping into my PVE COOP mode of gameplay.

Will you be more inclined to play Conclave with the upcoming changes?

No again, I have no interest in PvP never have and never will.

I felt I needed to point my points on here for these 2 the rest I voted on.

Edited by DogManDan

Friendly Fire would get me to not play Warframe with other people ever again, simple. That's how it'd be changed. Too many bad experiences waiting to happen, both on purpose an accidentif that came into play.

So yeah, that's my only opinion for now. I'm very, very, very strongly against it in any form in a true co-op environment.

Adding in non-hostile-killable-team-targets... why would that be a challenge? Just super annoying.

Well you could introduce rescue missions 2.0 with awkward good rewards for not getting killed, the hostage not getting killed and your team mates not getting killed (especially by own team mates lol). A perfect rescue will only yield the rewards.

I could see this working.

Edited by VoidNomade

The addition of Friendly Fire has the potential to effectively ruin random games. There aren't tons of people who enjoy modes like this outside of Hardcore players (and of course Teh Trolls). That's not to say it can't, or shouldn't exist. Making this a standard feature in harder modes would be a bad move, but making it an option that can be voted on would be far more welcomed if it had to happen.

Incorporating friendly fire into normal missions would only feed trolls and make the game frustrating unless it is done in an intelligent manner.

To effectively incorporate friendly fire options in any way, new missions would have to be introduced to complement the feature, creating a kind of hybrid PvP and PvE experience.

Other options include a vote at the start of a mission to enable friendly fire, with it only being active if the decision is unanimous. If a person dies due to friendly fire, the killer loses a revive, not the one who went down.

seems lot of people misunderstood the friendly fire topic... it shows who reads with care and those who just hear what they want, funny.

Friendly fire is to be presented as an hardcore feature, not actual everyday gameplay, get real, how could you imagine it a eaveryday feature with rambo discount look alike penta/ogris and implement friendly fire?

1. We need even more cores. Simples.

2. Friendly fire is the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard. I just want to see the faces of people who actually support this idea when I keep killing them and they run out of all their revives in 2 minutes. With friedndly fire on I would kill my teammates just because I it's possible - even if it made me fail the mission. There is no way they could report me because I could just say "Sorry, I missed."

This is a terrible idea and it should never happen.

3. There are only two changes I would make to Nekros. - terrify should affect all enemies in range and desecrate should be a toggle ability that would not require constant casting. It would drain your energy but you would not have to stand still in one place spamming 3. This way I would actually get to play Nekros and not stand in one place for the entire mission.

4. I don't melee much but I think daggers are ok.

5.. I'll not play conclave because it's PvP. I didn't sign up for this.

2 of the 3 players you used for your "source threads" are well known among the PVP community.

the 3rd player you picked, is very inexperienced. all you simply need to do is go through all the replies to figure out which of the 3 it is.

if you want good feedback I suggest listening to those that have spent countless hours in PVP and preform well VS most of their opponents. not those that join in 1-2 games and then call for many changes.

Agreed.

I think we need R5 cores on every hard mission, with legendary mods, R5 cores are in great need. No one has too many.

Nekros changes are good, I would like to see a health buff and possibly armor buff. His shield health and armor are near the bottom of the frames his 1.1 speed is nice. But 300 health is dreadful. With a higher health his survivability greatly increases when modded properly.

Rakta ballistica is still underwhelming. A charge shot does 100 damage? It should do closer to 200. Telos akboloto does 60 a shot? With high fire rate? Rakta should be on par with Telos DPS. Vaykor and Synoid are 2 best secondaries in the game in a league of their own. The other ones don't touch them. On that note the Vaykor does 160 DMG and the Rakta charge shot is only 100. It's a pathetic comparision. Not expecting the Rakta to outdo the Vaykor, but it's really far behind.

PVP looks awesome. I watched devstream and I am stoked. Keep it up, including rewards and affinity will promote the mode and bring in people. Game is all about rewards.

Please DONT add friendly fire to PVE. There are too many trolls out there to ruin missions, punch through mechanic from bows, bolts, and mods. Not to mention all the AOE weapons that are designed for CC. What about amprex? Is that immune to friendly fire? That makes it #1 friendly fire mode. Forget other weapons, amprex would hold the throne. Or CC would be impossible,

Friendly fire? Surely NO-NO

Rakta balistica? Yes, it still needs a buff.

Nekros changes? Good, by hell, even after just single 40 mins survival my fingers were starting to get numb. I would suggest even something as wild as give Nekros passive ability to double drops from enemies while in the mission, and make desecrate do something else. Or make it toggle or anything that would not require to press 3 constantly. 

New PVP? I would love to play that!

I think R5 outside are good! I think a stacks 4 is a good but it should have a guaranteed drop at maybe 30 min. My problem is as much as i hate  it, is the fact that you get the keys for a t4 and the rewards are almost equal (at lease for me since i have everything and just need cores), it kinda lost its touch and i kinda like the mix of Corrupted since its a mix of 3 factions. 

Make 4 stacks of cores for outside then a guaranteed drop at a certain time... you invested long time enough it should be rewarded. Make 5 stacks for T4 and give a guaranteed drop at a certain time. Getting drop rates like 3 forma BP and 3x Cells are ridiculous the system should be smart enough to limit 2 atlease. 

Friendly fire = no... its an unfun mechanic, troll mechanic, weapons are not designed for it. Anything that the players don't have control to themselves are not gonna win

Nekros changes are pretty good, make Desecrate power reliant, that way people are forced to put power this way they are not spec for just "Desecrate Build"

Rakta Balistica are fine, what they need is bring down gammacore, its not a popular line but its the right way. Make charge mechanic / low firerate weapons be viable against nullifiers first, that way you don't get burned to the ground by angry tenno

Dagger, Not a bad idea for a stealth weapon! I also think that Daggers should have a more crit based, fast attacks, low damage, mid - high crit damage, low range.

Conclave - if its proven to be well balanced, ill try it. a good pvp community is very fun and healthy, I play pvp on mmos and i find it enjoyable

I have nothing to say on R5, Necros, Rakta, or conclaves. 

But Friendly Fire, yes. Where? Nightmare missions. Or a boss fight. I can see a place with it in the game. Technically we already have it in the form of Radiation proc but friendly fire as an innate system needs some more tweaks compared to that. 

For example, "pin-point AoE" abilities should ignore fellow Tenno. This means Radial Javelin, World on Fire, the lasers on Prism(but not he blast) etc. Any ability that targets enemies in an area without being a sort of indiscriminate "boom" should ignore Tenno. This is a very "case by case" basis. To take Excal's abilities to compare. If you SD's and a tenno got in the way, the tenno takes damage. It's a controlled, directional ability. RB will not discriminate. It's a flash of bright light from a central source, not a laser. SJ's stun when jumping up should also apply to fellow Tenno. RJ on the other hand will not target Tenno. 

Though RB and SJ's stun are also indiscriminate abilities that can't be controlled, they are not direct damage abilities. Not like RJ that is a direct damage ability that can have IMMENSE range. 

Also Friendly Fire should apply to EVERYONE in the mission. That also means to the NPC's you fight against. If a shockwave MOA does it's stomp, it should also knock over any crewman in range. If a Napalm fires his shell into a wall, he will set that Lancer on fire who was standing there. But this also means a rewrite in the NPC behavior. Tenno should be able to "trick" enemies into attacking their friendlies, but it should not be a case of them not being programmed to avoid friendly fire. If that Napalm fires his flame-bomb at you and you dodge out of the way making it fly into the lancer behind, then it is fine. If that lancer is standing right next to you, or you are hugging that Napalm and he fires his firebomb without pause or regard for collateral then something is off. Clone or no clone. Some kind of self-preservation instinct has to remain. 

Thirdly, FF missions should be locked behind MR, much like Vay Hek. These missions require more self-control and knowledge of the game mechanics. Additionally they should be properly marked. If these missions are Nightmare, then nothing new is needed. If it's a separate difficulty setting then it has to be clearly marked. 

Next up, Daggers. Honestly, the best way to go about them is to have them be better at single target damage, while as Long swords might be able to hit more then one enemy and dual weapons can hit even more then long swords. But daggers and long swords have higher crit and status chances with higher crit damage multipliers. 

This would make the distinction that dual swords/daggers are about straight up base damage over an area. While as single daggers/swords have more versatility in being able to have more effective crit builds and more viable status builds. Maybe even considerably lower stamina/channeling costs. 

I always considered the "dagger" to be the closest we have to a "combat knife". And much like a combat knife it is more of an utility tool then an actual weapon. But since this is warframe and we don't go about opening cans of beans and building camouflaged shelters in the brush, we have to think about their combat role. 

First, I think that getting R5 Union cores in normal maps is great. I don't want to continually go into a T4 just to get a pack of 5. Sometimes I don't want a challenge and just want to have fun while getting what I need at the same time.

As for friendly fire, oy. I think that would most likely, if not definitely, be the worst thing to possibly ever happen to WF if you guys introduced it. Let's say all of the friendly fire was legitimately accidental, well if I accidentally shot a newer player with my 4 forma'd Paris prime, I'm pretty sure they would die instantly and be hanging from a wall on the other side of the map. Then, you've also got those troll players, the same people who used Limbo to screw over other players from collecting items. Because of them, I would bet that most players couldn't go a full mission without burning all of their revives because of these players.

As for Nekros, I do think the changes are great, but he still needs some work. Even after all of these tweaks, I only ever find him in survival, defense, or when we're farming the Stalker, G3, or Zanuka. It feels like you want players to yse him more than just for those instances. If that's true, being a Nekros user myself, I feel like I needs more of a QoL buff. I get he's a squishy frame, but he still dies in seconds with max health and shield mods. I'd like to bring him on more missions if I knew I wouldn't be 1-shot so often.

As for daggers, my Fragor, Galatine, and Jatt Kittag are still faster than my Sheev. I feel like daggers need a damage buff and possibly a crit and it speed buff. I don't want to feel like I'm swinging a hammer when I use a dagger.

As far as the Ratka Ballistica goes, Id like to see it get a damage buff with a crit chance/damage increase.

It's not that I want every weapon to be "late" or "endgame" but the Redeemer out classes the Ratka. It would be nice if it was buffed a little to consider using it for fun without it be underpowered.

For conclave, I abhor the current system. All anyone, on Europa, has to do is bring their Dual Ichors/Zorens and copter around the map until they kill you in 1-shot. So, as long as the new CC system is balanced and lets everyone provide a challenge, I'm all for trying it out

Edited by JefferyDohmer

The main thing I wanna get into is daggers.... I straight up love my karyst to death. Highest base damage of the daggers with 50 and toxin is a great base type for me. Although the other daggers lack a lot in the way of power.. sure the ether daggers are perfectly fine with their attack speed but what about us single style fans?.. let me tell you something, a dagger was not meant to slash wildly it was MEANT to play defensively and quickly take advantage of an opening or as a more precise weapon weighing less and having a shorter blade so my question is why are people complaining about the attack speed?.. I have max corrosive damage on my karyst save for the shock-status mod on top of that I have finishing damage channeling damage and spoiled strike and its my favorite weapon.. I do think daggers lack a little power but the attack speed is FINE and id honestly have serious issues with buffing it

The addition of Friendly Fire has the potential to effectively ruin random games. There aren't tons of people who enjoy modes like this outside of Hardcore players (and of course Teh Trolls). That's not to say it can't, or shouldn't exist. Making this a standard feature in harder modes would be a bad move, but making it an option that can be voted on would be far more welcomed if it had to happen.

Agreed it could add a good layer of depth to the game but DO NOT force it on players and devise a vote kick system and I would say that for a public game no parties.. a party of 2 trolls could essentially invade a game and not get kicked if parties were allowed in public

Daggers, as all melee weapons, need Melee Time. 

Melee Time is basically a slowness Aura which is enabled when the weapon is wielded. 

The lightest the weapon, the strongest the Melee Time's effect. 

Daggers would have the strongest melee time because of their size. 

Melee Time would affect the bullet travel speed and hitscan enemy accuracy too. 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/356232-what-if-warframe-had-melee-time-kind-of-a-backwards-bullet-time/

Nekros Rebalance: 

Nekros was only half-fixed. Desecrate still removes the player from the game, and should not block the player from actually killing enemies. 

My proposal is for Desecrate to create a "defiler ground" area, and it would desecrate enemy bodies in its coverage over time. 

SotD is better, but till lacking. My proposal is to make it a continuous energy drain skill (like Mesa's ultimate). On casting, Nekros would become a shadow itself and shed off damage briefly instead of raising shadows. The shadow-staate would be very brief, only enough to escape enemies. 

With SotD active Nekros would Soul Punch dead bodies to raise them. 

The QUICKEST way to fix SotD Shadow's AI would be to make Nekros start raising Nekros Specters instead of enemy shadows. 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/393646-ready-for-nekros-second-pass-of-tweaks/

Rakta Ballistica has a meek buff, but not enough to be a significant damage dealer, and not enough for a good crit build. 

The PLAIN BALLISTICA should be revised as well! It needs to be a more significant weapon instead of just mastery fodder. 

Both weapons should be looked into in tandem, and have a combat role more clearly defined.

Edited by BrazilianJoe