The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mentorship Program | Need Mentors

LordOfScrugging

Question

TENNO MENTORING PROGRAM:
PLEASE REFER TO OPEN SLOTS FOR AVAILABILITY

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd like to wish all Mentors good luck in their endeavors to help new players. If any of you become GoTL then you have my full backing. If possible, try advertising a bit to get some new players attention. Remember, we have been doing this before GoTL went live so stay proud of that fact that you've been helping before the actual "help" arrived
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updates:

I'm back!. now back to business
Notes:

Note: To all my mentors, if you've been contacted by a new player i want to be informed so i may mark you as Unavailable.

Note: DO NOT come into the thread to self advertise. This is not the place for it. Either you are seeking help, or you are volunteering to help

Note: To my mentors, if you feel you no longer wish to partake in my program, then notify me. It pains me to see you go but your wishes will be respected.

Note: To my mentors, i'd like your timezones to put next to your name so everyone can find someone in their timezone. please use this site. just tell me your timezone that's on here. like mine is PDT UTC-7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To all would be mentors: i will monitor if you are active on the forums since this it's a big factor in this program. IF the last time you've logged on was weeks ago, you will be removed!
If you are expecting to be gone for a long period of time, notify me ahead of time and let me know the estimated time of return so that i do not remove you from my list of mentors

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Objectives:

• Seek out and aid any new tenno who may need it.
  • Set the example for the younger generation
  • Maintain a positive relation with the other mentors and pupils
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Requirements to be a mentor:

• Have been a member for at least a year (minus XB1 players)
  • Active forum user
  • Don't be toxic
  • Be willing to help in any way you can

Below is a list of the exemplary tenno who've set out to help the newer generation:

PC:
LordOfScruggingPDT UTC-7 - Available | PM
siralextraffoCET / CEST UTC +1 / +2 - Available | PM
GordoFreeman(PC) - Available | PM
BattleBrows(PC) - Available | PM
Meneliki(PC) - Available | PM
Homer87(PC) - Available | PM
Luther848(PC) - Available | PM
TheGuyverOneEST / EDT UTC -3 / -4 - Available | PM
AigloblamCST / CDT UTC -6 / -5 - Available | PM
KamijoToumaPDT / PST UTC -8 /-7 - Available | PM
TheStag(PC) - Available | PM
BrahkestMST / MDT UTC -7 / -6 - Available | PM
Mr.Lube(PC) - Available | PM
bluntpufferGMT+1 - Available | PM
Rexian(PC) - Available | PM
TobiahCST / CDT UTC -6 / -5 - Available | PM
okinolas(PC) - Available | PM
--.B.--HARDCOREDAVE-PHT UTC +8 - Available | PM
hammerheathenPDT / PST UTC -8 /-7- Unavailable | PM
LuxiferEST / EDT UTC -3 / -4 - Available | PM
CET / CEST   UTC +1 / +2 - Away | PM
FabpsiCET / CEST   UTC +1 / +2 - Available | PM
CET / CEST UTC +1 / +2- Available | PM
PS4:
(PS4)Santar0s(PS4) - Available | PM
(PS4)Arrow_TemperCST / CDT UTC -6 / -5 - Unavailable | PM
(PS4)ELIT3_EXP3RT-01(PS4) - Unavailable | PM
(PS4)IIIDevoidIIIEST / EDT UTC -3 / -4 - Unavailable | PM
[member=] Open  | PM
[member=] Open | PM
(PS4) - Available | PM
(PS4)RyanRFC12345GMT UTC +0 - Available | PM
(PS4)ViggorrahCST / CDT UTC -6 / -5 - Available | PM
(PS4)dice_thrownCST / CDT UTC -6 / -5 - Available | PM
[member=](PS4) - Open | PM
[member=] Open | PM

XB1:
(XB1)A Frikn GrizzlyEST / EDT UTC -3 / -4 - Available | PM
(XB1)SwagScapegoat(XB1) - Available | PM
TonedTyphoon(XB1) - Available | PM
(XB1) - Available | PM
(XB1) - Available | PM
[member=](XB1) - Open | PM
(XB1)LexaHex488(XB1) - Available | PM
(XB1)Lorewalker1022(XB1) - Available | PM

If you are looking for a mentor, simply click on the respective platform and click on the PM link next to the mentor's name to ask for assistance (help in game, advice on builds, etc.)

Those who wish to help out may simply let me know your IGN/PSN/GT so i can update the list. (PSN/XB1 Mentors are GREATLY needed!)

The "I screwed up while editing" Corner:

somehow broke the spoilers so gonna be keeping it in this style. atleast i got rid of the mass of orange text
Other Mentoring Programs:

Edited by LordOfScrugging

Please keep me unavailable until the 29th (exams)

i marked you as away

Unavailable again. Maybe this will de-orangify the latter half of the OP. lol

i'll mark you down

If worse comes to worst, you can try copying and pasting the post into a word document (which should also copy any editing, including the orange text), edit the orange text out, and copy it back. That should default all of the text back to whatever color you set it to. The worst part of this, though, is that it may not transfer all of your formatting, so you might have to go back and redo your indents, bullet points, etc.

I wouldn't copy it to a Google Doc., though. I know with the old look of the forum, where everything was in dark greys/blacks, copying into the forums from Google Docs made all the text black instead of the default forum color and made the posts almost unreadable. That may not be an issue with this new look, however.

i'll try it, the bullets shouldn't be too much of a pain to redo. also need to make a backup of the thread anyways

This should be on the front page of warframe.com !

i would love for this to be more popular but i wouldn't expect it

This should be on the front page of warframe.com !

it was discussed here before, DE doesn't want to support the program in any ways due to them being unable to check wether help is really given and what people join here

it was discussed here before, DE doesn't want to support the program in any ways due to them being unable to check wether help is really given and what people join here

Well... hopefully they'll come up with their own Mentor program so they can. I think mentors are a pretty good idea for Warframe.

Can I inquire a little bit about this program? Maybe I missed it through my hasty read-through. I'm actually at work right now and just hopping onto the forum.

So my question are as follows

1) Is this mentorship program more catered to the forum or the actual game? (ie: if I volunteered to be a mentor, will I be required to answer more questions and assist more here with the forum or assist in-game?) Also how do you keep track if a mentor-type player is assisting a mentee-type player in-game?

2) Is there a minimum amount of commitment time you expect from the mentors?

3) What is the exact scope of the mentorship? Will I be required to take any and all comers if I am accepted as a mentor?

Thanks

Can I inquire a little bit about this program? Maybe I missed it through my hasty read-through. I'm actually at work right now and just hopping onto the forum.

So my question are as follows

1) Is this mentorship program more catered to the forum or the actual game? (ie: if I volunteered to be a mentor, will I be required to answer more questions and assist more here with the forum or assist in-game?) Also how do you keep track if a mentor-type player is assisting a mentee-type player in-game?

2) Is there a minimum amount of commitment time you expect from the mentors?

3) What is the exact scope of the mentorship? Will I be required to take any and all comers if I am accepted as a mentor?

Thanks

1) its sort of both. since there are some who are more geared towards helping with answering questions and giving advice on builds, and there are those who like getting in game and clearing the starchart, helping to farm resources/mods/parts, etc. as of right now, there is no way to track in game. which is why i ask to be notified of availability status. there so far hasn't been anyone who has just straight up lied to abuse it (which is kinda pointless cause there really isn't a reward or anything for doing this.

2) i only ask that my mentors are active on forums since its the easiest way to monitor them. you have a 2 week period. if you have not logged on at all in 2 weeks then i remove their name and free up a slot

3) mentors will only take 1 charge (at most, 2 if they are up to it) and then be marked as unavailable so that someone else may get contacted

as a side note, i encourage going into the game and helping/taking in new players. 

-snip-

A lot of new people do not use the forums, I highly suggest you also find another way to help people out. Like LordOfScrugging said going through the starchart or do as I, spend your time in one of the relays to help those who pass by out. (Benefit of having 2+ monitors, you can actually work/read/do other stuff whilst helping those in need of assistance).

I've found the forums being a good way for you and the person you mentor to have continued discussion about builds and so on. Rather than ingame + you can supply screenshots and what not in the message. Which you can't really do ingame.

Cool I am down to do it. I am usually extremely active on the forums. Unless I have a hard deadline or I have client meetings, or I'm traveling on a project, but on most days of the year I am usually pretty active on the forums. I can log on and stay logged on all day if I choose to. So being on the forums is not a problem.

However being in-game is more of a problem because/mostly due to one main reason and that is... even when I'm not busy with clients, I have to stay at the office until about 6 to 7pm CST. So by the time I get home it's usually at least half an hour later. And then I do usually have a few other obligations at home so I can never truly guarantee you when I will be in-game as I just simply can't tell you I have a consistent schedule without lying to you.

Some times I will be in-game for the rest of the night, and some times it'll be very spotty. So anyways, that's more or less my schedule.

Cool I am down to do it. I am usually extremely active on the forums. Unless I have a hard deadline or I have client meetings, or I'm traveling on a project, but on most days of the year I am usually pretty active on the forums. I can log on and stay logged on all day if I choose to. So being on the forums is not a problem.

However being in-game is more of a problem because/mostly due to one main reason and that is... even when I'm not busy with clients, I have to stay at the office until about 6 to 7pm CST. So by the time I get home it's usually at least half an hour later. And then I do usually have a few other obligations at home so I can never truly guarantee you when I will be in-game as I just simply can't tell you I have a consistent schedule without lying to you.

Some times I will be in-game for the rest of the night, and some times it'll be very spotty. So anyways, that's more or less my schedule.

alright. i added you. if you feel you can't continue due to your schedule, then feel free to let me know and you can be removed

Uhmm lol still no one from xbox asked me anything bruh. Xbox players are not that familiar with this forum

Try advertising

Warframe Wikkia is knowledge. Knowing is half the battle. Want a real person to teach you about Warframe? Ty the Tenno Mentor Program at www.warfarme.com :)

I throw that in Region at least 2xs a day, if Im on....

I think this is absolutely awesome! Good on you guys! I cant say I'm a experienced player,but I'm not quite a newbie. I'm not active enough at the moment to say i could mentor as i dont have a decent windows computer yet,but if i am considered a newbieish player a mentor could be nice. I'll have new computer soonish so I'll have to wait till then.

Anyways,awesome thing to do!

Remove my name from the roster.

Remove mine as well. I'll be taking a break from Warframe for a bit till the burnout cools down. Don't want to end up hating the game due to the repetitiveness. I'll be back in a month or so.

It pains me to see you guys leave. you are welcome back at any time

I think this is absolutely awesome! Good on you guys! I cant say I'm a experienced player,but I'm not quite a newbie. I'm not active enough at the moment to say i could mentor as i dont have a decent windows computer yet,but if i am considered a newbieish player a mentor could be nice. I'll have new computer soonish so I'll have to wait till then.

Anyways,awesome thing to do!

i am currently full on PC mentors. unless someone leaves or gets kicked out there will be no more slots

I would like to submit myself towards this program. I live in Wales the times that I can Mentor during working days/ school days:

5PM- 9PM

And during holidays I can make time between 11 AM and 11PM

I would appreciate your consideration.

If there are any PC slots available that is.

LY2zHza.gif

Edited by TheCynicalWelshman