Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Prime - Updated Visual Design Concept And Suggestion [Artwork Included] _ Version 2.0 Nov.2015

Volkovyi

On 8/27/2016 at 11:05 PM, BulletsforTeeth said:

DE is just like that. Frankly, to update old frame models is unprecedented in WF's open beta history. Cleaning up and fixing models yeah, but outright changing them? Unheard of. Shame too, because I love frost. He's not my main, but he is a very versatile frame. Good CC and good defense, plus damage and mild debuffs, build him how you like really.

Best case scenario that I can foresee is a universal armor set that just -happens- to fit well on frost.

#StayFrosty

Nothing stopping them from making it a free alternate skin to all frost prime users. It would update for players that want it, but if you didn't want it you wouldn't need to use it. Alternatively since a lot of this is just added on gold, they could make them into an auxillary/alternative shoulders addition to Frost and then the other frost skins would still work.

As to the skin itself, it would be an immediate buy for me. Frost is by far my favorite frame after all the years, and he can certainly go for a fresh look.

6 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Nothing stopping them from making it a free alternate skin to all frost prime users. It would update for players that want it, but if you didn't want it you wouldn't need to use it. Alternatively since a lot of this is just added on gold, they could make them into an auxillary/alternative shoulders addition to Frost and then the other frost skins would still work.

As to the skin itself, it would be an immediate buy for me. Frost is by far my favorite frame after all the years, and he can certainly go for a fresh look.

Oh ofc, I'd throw money at this, but I'm skeptical due to DE's lack of any response to art criticism. Hell even the chroma uproar was largely ignored. Nothing stopping them from doing it, aside from the rather overused claim of artistic liberty. Not bashing them or artists, but that term is rather overused at times.

Edited by BulletsforTeeth

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/19/2015 at 9:12 PM, Volkovyi said:

Good Day Fellow Tenno

Art Archive Forum Thread - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/306863-volkovyis-artwork-archive-update-jan2815/#entry3476853

As time goes on an interesting pattern has emerged amongst the release of Prime Warframes. Each new Prime of course is fancier in terms of building upon the original Warframe, and of course that is expected. As an artist makes more artwork, they get better with practice.

But then the older designs begin to look lackluster in comparison, which is also expected, but nothing to be sullen about.

The first two Prime Warframes, Excalibur Prime and Frost Prime, have no visual body differences from their original Warframe counterpart. Helmet designs do not count as those are always a given, but I mean in terms of their armor.

Below is my suggestion for perhaps an upgrade to Frost Prime's design, Frost Prime is chosen as our favorite Warframe. We do not plan on including Excalibur Prime, or others, into this thread.

Consider a compromise that such an armor upgrade could be optional for Frost Prime users, to be taken on and off like armor attachments.

Version 2.0

With so much discussion over this topic, we were inspired to create a better version of our original idea. Please note that the custom parts were painted over screenshots, and mirrored parts are implied. The back coats, and arm exhausts, are supposed to be mirrored. Thank you to everyone who has taken interest in our concepts.

Hidden Content

Version 1.0

Hidden Content

Discussion Topic

We would like to take this opportunity in this thread to invite fellow Frost-enthusiasts to talk about Frost's overall ability rework fairly recently, in comparison to both Excalibur's and Saryn's reworks. We feel that Frost's rework was the beginning of a good idea, but it also felt like it was not enough. In comparison to the great success of Excalibur's rework, and we must admit Saryn also now feels a lot more fun and powerful, Frost seems like so far he could have been offered more in his abilities.

For example we still feel that Freeze and Ice Wave are redundant, perhaps combine the two, have Ice Wave leave behind a trail of cold and be able to freeze enemies, remove Freeze and create a new ability altogether? Frost also has a much higher than average armor rating, he looks like he would be more sturdy and immovable like a glacier. However he has no way to benefit from his own abilities besides hiding inside Snow Globe.

What are your thoughts and ideas for perhaps elevating Frost into a true heavy duty battle mage, above his usual role as "Globe bot?"

Woow nice job on version 2 big like big like! :satisfied:

30 minutes ago, kingfirejet said:

Kind of up to the Tennogen community now, this skin looks the closest to what I desire.

https://skfb.ly/QOPQ

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=727935543

The TennoGen community can not change geometry on skins. What I am suggesting here in this concept thread, are new, modeled additions to Frost Prime's body to bring old Primes such as Frost Prime himself, Excalibur Prime, Mag prime, etc. up to visual par with the latest Primes such as Valkyr Prime, Ash Prime, Nekros Prime. You can see the new Primes have entirely new "parts" attached to the base model. This is new geometry on the model. This is NOT possible in TennoGen, where we can only manipulate textures. What you see that give the appearance of new detailing are called Normal Maps - it is a map that gives the illusion of surface geometry change, but does not influence the model itself.

Note: What I said does not apply to Warframe Helmets and Syndanas, which are in fact new geometry apart from the body of the Warframe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/19/2015 at 3:12 PM, Volkovyi said:

Good Day Fellow Tenno

Art Archive Forum Thread - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/306863-volkovyis-artwork-archive-update-jan2815/#entry3476853

As time goes on an interesting pattern has emerged amongst the release of Prime Warframes. Each new Prime of course is fancier in terms of building upon the original Warframe, and of course that is expected. As an artist makes more artwork, they get better with practice.

But then the older designs begin to look lackluster in comparison, which is also expected, but nothing to be sullen about.

The first two Prime Warframes, Excalibur Prime and Frost Prime, have no visual body differences from their original Warframe counterpart. Helmet designs do not count as those are always a given, but I mean in terms of their armor.

Below is my suggestion for perhaps an upgrade to Frost Prime's design, Frost Prime is chosen as our favorite Warframe. We do not plan on including Excalibur Prime, or others, into this thread.

Consider a compromise that such an armor upgrade could be optional for Frost Prime users, to be taken on and off like armor attachments.

Version 2.0

With so much discussion over this topic, we were inspired to create a better version of our original idea. Please note that the custom parts were painted over screenshots, and mirrored parts are implied. The back coats, and arm exhausts, are supposed to be mirrored. Thank you to everyone who has taken interest in our concepts.

Hidden Content

Version 1.0

Hidden Content

Discussion Topic

We would like to take this opportunity in this thread to invite fellow Frost-enthusiasts to talk about Frost's overall ability rework fairly recently, in comparison to both Excalibur's and Saryn's reworks. We feel that Frost's rework was the beginning of a good idea, but it also felt like it was not enough. In comparison to the great success of Excalibur's rework, and we must admit Saryn also now feels a lot more fun and powerful, Frost seems like so far he could have been offered more in his abilities.

For example we still feel that Freeze and Ice Wave are redundant, perhaps combine the two, have Ice Wave leave behind a trail of cold and be able to freeze enemies, remove Freeze and create a new ability altogether? Frost also has a much higher than average armor rating, he looks like he would be more sturdy and immovable like a glacier. However he has no way to benefit from his own abilities besides hiding inside Snow Globe.

What are your thoughts and ideas for perhaps elevating Frost into a true heavy duty battle mage, above his usual role as "Globe bot?"

@[DE]Rebecca Please, space mom?

• 5 years later...

7 years since this and still one of the best prime designs. I honestly hate those kneepads, the golden pieces should be a little narrower, but rest of it? Flawless. I hope DE reconsiders and decides to start working on something people ACTUALLY want, and not some stupid soaktron summer water wars.

• 1 month later...
En 19/2/2015 a las 14:12, Volkovyi dijo:

Good Day Fellow Tenno

Version 2.0

Hidden Content

Version 1.0

Hidden Content

Discussion Topic

hello i like it but it is too minimalistic to call it a redesign i am doing a redesign for it and other classic prime frame's that really take up a redesign compared to the more current output of the prime's