Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Players Exclusively Use Their Kubrow Now?

Hypernaut1

Recently I'm finding it harder and harder to justify equipping my sentinel now, and i just got it some cool cosmetics too. My Huras Kubrow just provides so much more utility over my sentinels.

Anytime i have a sentinel equipped im starting to feel gimped. I really cant find a reason to equip a sentinel beyond just wanting to switch things up, especially if i dont use Carrier. My Kubrow cloak has become an invaluable tool, it even keeps me cloaked during spy 2.0 missions.

so anyone out there slowly going exclusively Kubrow? I really think the sentinel abilities pale in comparison.

There are only a handful of reasons I bring a Kubrow to any mission: Scavenge, Howl and "Meat Shield mode". They are good for opening lockers and scaring off the enemy but they get in the way a little too much, even after the fix. I mostly run Carrier or Shade, unless I'm looking for loot.

I'm mainly using raksa kubrow nearly all the time - only when i ranking up a frame I'm using a sentinel.

imo the only useful abilities that sentinel haw is vacuum and scan (and the freezing aura- but i dont have that mod)...

I noticed that sentinel weapons recently are so much inaccurate (not only they target legs, but on moving objects they tend to hit ~2m below the target).

so in conclusion - kubrow exclusively

and i'm waiting for a pappy armor ^^

I normally bring my huras kubrow on most missions. However I do switch between that and my carrier. Since kubrows are horrible when your trying to be stealthy. >.> 1 stealth attack and they go on the offensive ruining the point of being stealthy.

yes, with the new stealth bonus, my dual takedown with my Kubrow isnt always as helpful- But i do think its cool when you take down one target and the Kubrow gets the other one.

i think my Huras is mandatory for spy 2.0 missions. Hes saved my butt too many times with the cloak, also its not energy or duration dependent. It turns any frame into a Loki

Carrier wins

Kubrows become a hassle at high levels

How does Kubrow become a hassle? the 75k credit per week cost is barely a hassle and i play often enough that i dont have to worry about it going below 50% health. It literally takes 5 sec to upkeep a Kubrow

How does Kubrow become a hassle? the 75k credit per week cost is barely a hassle and i play often enough that i dont have to worry about it going below 50% health. It literally takes 5 sec to upkeep a Kubrow

You have 3 weeks to get the 75k, not only 1, but I agree with you.

If people don´t like Kubrows that´s good, but saying Sentinels are superior is just total bullsh*t.

@OP: at the moment I am not playing that much time that´s why my Kubrow is in stasis, but if I am playing every day I am only using my Sahasa.

If people don´t like Kubrows that´s good, but saying Sentinels are superior is just total bullsh*t.

Sentinels are superior.

Specifically carriers. Vacuum is indispensable. Sweeper with a high rate of fire stuns anything near me. Guardian doubles your shields. Sanctuary gives you extra shields while reviving. They don't block your shots. They don't get worse when they die. Etc etc.

Sentinels are superior.

Specifically carriers. Vacuum is indispensable. Sweeper with a high rate of fire stuns anything near me. Guardian doubles your shields. Sanctuary gives you extra shields while reviving. They don't block your shots. They don't get worse when they die. Etc etc.

Sentinels are not superior.

Vaccum is VERY indispensable. You just need to walk over and grab your items. Its really not that hard to compensate for. What are you talking about?

The Huras cloak is what you would call indispensable, it makes you invisible, and allows ANY frame to stealth a level. The cloak is also much better than the shield when it comes to reviving a teammate. when you're invisible you dont draw any aggro. Offensively, i dont need much help from a sentinel, but my Kubrow often goes after nullifiers and overall has better target selection.

yes, with the new stealth bonus, my dual takedown with my Kubrow isnt always as helpful- But i do think its cool when you take down one target and the Kubrow gets the other one.

i think my Huras is mandatory for spy 2.0 missions. Hes saved my butt too many times with the cloak, also its not energy or duration dependent. It turns any frame into a Loki

For those spy missions I usually end up using ash :S might as well use a easy to win gameplay style over actually using my head. >.> but still think its a horrible idea for kubrows to not be able to distinguish between stealth and normal combat. Due to the fact that stealth take downs dont usually alarm the enemy when cloaked with invis/smokescreen (as I often use that to quick lvl weapons) However when you have a kubrow they somehow can be seen and draw enemy fire taking away from using a stealth attack to straight out tackling an opponent across the room. Sorta making everyone go "wtf was that"

Edited by dragonkingdx

I've been using my Raksa kubrow basically exclusively in the last weeks. Recently switched to forma up my Sunika, just to vary things up a bit. In my opinion, those guys are nice little companions and way tougher than any sentinel. With the proper mods they tank insane amounts of damage, Lifesteal Link makes it easy to keep them alive if you have to and they can always be revived, something sentinels lack severely.

Utility-wise, I'd say they're on par to at least all sentinels except Carrier and maybe Helios, but I don't really feel the need to take Carrier anymore. The pickup range is alright as it is and it doesn't feel like that much trouble to pick up loot at this point.

I still think DE made a mistake by designing kubrows as credit, core and platinum sinks instead of keeping player-friendly usability in mind, though. I'm pretty sure we would see more of them if they were less of a hassle right from the beginning.

Sentinels are not superior.

Vaccum is VERY indispensable. You just need to walk over and grab your items. Its really not that hard to compensate for. What are you talking about?

The Huras cloak is what you would call indispensable, it makes you invisible, and allows ANY frame to stealth a level. The cloak is also much better than the shield when it comes to reviving a teammate. when you're invisible you dont draw any aggro. Offensively, i dont need much help from a sentinel, but my Kubrow often goes after nullifiers and overall has better target selection.

Vacuum is more than just a thing of convenience. If you're running to activate life support, you don't have time to run around and collect every individual energy orb. If you're playing on Earth, it becomes a massive pain to try to collect every item without it, and you're almost guaranteed to miss an item or two even with a carrier. Ironically, it was sometimes impossible to obtain kubrow eggs early on without a carrier.

The Huras cloak is outclassed by Loki's invisibility, and even has a sentinel counterpart in the Shade. If you really want to stealth a mission, Loki, or even Ash are superior options. As someone who mostly plays Loki, invisibility is great for reviving a teammate until someone else comes along to help and gets you blown up by a napalm, or the AI just decides it's a good time to target your teammate's sentinel/kubrow.

All of these things, on top of the credit sinks and rng that are involved with kubrows. I've had more Tranquil Cleaves drop than eggs. You only have a 1 in 4 chance of getting a specific kubrow. One of the most important kubrow mods, bite, has literally never dropped for me. I even went through The Great Feral Kubrow Massacre as a Nekros when kubrows were released.

Not to mention the sentinel specific mods not referenced that provide immense utility. Kubrows are cute, sure. I'm even incubating my fourth right now. But sentinels are far superior.

Edited by Zachhh

About the only time I don't take my Sahasa, Jojo out is when I'm doing a Spy or if I'm hunting for scans. He lives longer than any Sentinel I've ever had, I can revive him if the enemy gets lucky, and instead of just bringing me loot he generates it. I start almost every mission now with 50 to 75 extra energy because he's dug it up while I was loading in. He's my boy, and I've grown too fond of having him to really ditch him for a gourd that makes me lazy.

Carrier wins

Kubrows become a hassle at high levels

Provided your Carrier even makes it to high-levels.

I've found my kubrows last years longer than any sentinel, and I have them roughly at the same level mod-wise. The fact is that you can both revive and regen health on a Kubrow where with sentinels you have to throw down health pads or use a healing ability like in the case of Oberon or Trinity. If I notice my Kubrow has taken a few scrapes, I go and punch a couple trash mobs in the face and she's perfectly fine again.

For those who complain about Kubrows getting in the way, I've purposefully only used small ones for that reason. It does take a little effort but once you get one that is the breed you want and is the size you want, you practically don't need to breed any other Kubrows.

The "precepts" for Kubrows are also a little more useful than most sentinels. As a great example, the Raksa with Howl and Protect scares a ton of enemies away repeatedly as well as replenishing shields even if your shields aren't completely gone. Dig on Sahasas is great for getting some extra energy at the beginning of missions as well as refilling ammo along the way. With sniper ammo being a relatively rare kind of drop, having your Kubrow dig up 3-4 packs at a time is amazing. The only precept I have found useless/detrimental is Unleashed for Sunikas because it's only really useful on Capture missions.

Edited by Xcedis

My lazy ! says Kubrows are too annoying to deal with, for example:

- They block my shots

- 3 hours of waiting before I can use it

- 75k weekly upkeep, for optimum performance

- Sometimes doesn't attack at all

- R10 mods... R10 mods EVERYWHERE

- Stupid AI can get itself stuck on corners

- Becomes weaker when it dies

- I can't get rid of it without spending 25k creds or waiting a few weeks

- Lack of Vacuum

- Only melee attacks

What I like about Sentinels:

- It died? So what, it doesn't matter

- GUNS

- Sanctuary

- Guardian

- Cheaper in the long run

- VACUUM

For a completely different analogy:

Kubrows : Long term relationships

Sentinels : One night stands

Edited by reptillicus

About the only time I don't take my Sahasa, Jojo out is when I'm doing a Spy or if I'm hunting for scans. He lives longer than any Sentinel I've ever had, I can revive him if the enemy gets lucky, and instead of just bringing me loot he generates it. I start almost every mission now with 50 to 75 extra energy because he's dug it up while I was loading in. He's my boy, and I've grown too fond of having him to really ditch him for a gourd that makes me lazy.

i really dont understand why people act so dependent on Carrier vacuum. Sure its helpful, but i never really have trouble collecting orbs/items when hes not equipped. In fact, the game would be broken if it was actually hard to pick up your own loot without vacuum.

i dont have a Sahasa, or any other Kubrow, so i cant speak on their usefulness- but that does sound cool too.

Edited by Hypernaut1

I tried all sentinels and Kubrows, save Sunika.

Raksa and Huras are absolutely badass and outclass sentinels by great margin. Those go down less often than my warframe does and several times less often than my teammates. I played a lot of T3 and T4 endless missions and before like 35 min mark Kubrow doesn't need any of my attention, while being VERY helpful. Compared to the sentinels' death from the second bombard it's a huge improvement.

So I only use sentinels while switching Kubrows, for static farm and for stealth missions. Otherwise doges FTW!