Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Players Exclusively Use Their Kubrow Now?

Hypernaut1

ever since corrupted bombards are a thing theres no use in using a sentinel, a single shot from them is almost able to fullly destroy my sentinel and since those bumfaces have a machinegun rocketlauncher and my sentinel is only able to revive once per mission, its almost guaranteed that that thing is dead in the first 5min of a t4 survival. also my dogs name is wilhelm, cus wilhelm.

The stasis cooldown is the biggest thing holding back Kubrows, IMO. They're all useful in different situations, but who wants to wait 3 hours before you can play the mission you want to play? Alerts don't last 3 hours.

I have Raksa, Huras, and Sahasa Kubrows and I use Sahasa almost exclusively. I'll bring along Carrier if I'm farming for resources to make sure I don't miss any drops or running Survivals so it's a little easier to grab life supports, but my Sahasa hits like a truck and gives me free credits and drops. Who doesn't love free stuff?

I'd use my Raksa and Huras too if I didn't have to wait 3 hours or spend TEN PLAT to rush it. Ten plat? REALLY?

Kubrow criticisms that I don't get

1.cost/maintenance- 75k every week is easy to get. Petting and feeding Kubrow takes 5 seconds.

2.A.I.- Kubrows act about as smart as I would expect a dog to act. They also go after high priority targets often. Their a.i. Is more helpful than sentinels. Shades cloak is almost useless when compared to the Huras. My huras uses its high powered attack much more often than cube.

3. 3hr thaw- I agree that it can be an inconvenience, but this is a ridiculous reason to dismiss using any Kubrows at all. You don't NEED to switch out Kubrows every other mission. I use my Huras and havent felt the need to switch.

4. Getting in the way- Honestly, this is a rare occurrence for me. Its probably because my Kubrow is tiny though, so I can't speak much on it.

-i understand having a preference and all, the Kubrow hate is just unwarranted though. Especially the "mastery fodder broken mess" comments. They are just as well implemented as sentinels.

I prefers sentinels.

Kubrows have 5 rank 10 mods, sentinels 3 (+ a skill, sanctuary). I didn't want to level the kubrow ones when they came out, and I want to do it even less now that I have prime mods to rank.

Vacuum is the best companion skill in all non endless missions, because let's face it, they are all speed runs.

I find Kubrows have better survivability in endless, but how often do you really go 40+, or 8+ in endless? Even so, the gap between easy street and one shot boulevard is so small, that companions have long past stopped contributing or even surviving when I need them most.

I have had no problem with my kubrow lasting as long as I do in T1-4.  Sentinels on the other hand, one rocket they are dead.  Kubrow gets hit by a rocket it goes and kills the bombard.  Sorry, kubrows usefulness far outlasts a sentinels.

Tell that to a souped up Hunt tackle.

BRING IT ON DUUDE!!!

serious note though both a great but yeah just not a fan of the up keep thing. also like some one above me stated, if your carrier is max (mods included) then it should be lasting waaaaaaaaaaay more than 20 mins. the only way i can see it dieing in 20 or less if youre standing there literally doing nothing (even then it should still last). 

I personally run a Sunika at all times. My chunky buddy, Gral, is just literally the best thing ever. Nearly as tall as a Warframe while standing on all fours, he's a scary presence on the battlefield. With maxed bite and maul he tears through even big enemies on high levels, and maxing out Link Health and Shields can give him a whopping 2k+ health and respectable shields. Add in Pack Leader and Life Strike, he ain't dying any time soon if you're a melee fan (which I am). Plus, he tackles those pesky capture targets without me being even near them most times. Love my kubby.

I prefers sentinels.

Kubrows have 5 rank 10 mods, sentinels 3 (+ a skill, sanctuary). I didn't want to level the kubrow ones when they came out, and I want to do it even less now that I have prime mods to rank.

Vacuum is the best companion skill in all non endless missions, because let's face it, they are all speed runs.

I find Kubrows have better survivability in endless, but how often do you really go 40+, or 8+ in endless? Even so, the gap between easy street and one shot boulevard is so small, that companions have long past stopped contributing or even surviving when I need them most.

I don't do any survival under 40.....

It took 6 forma to max my kubrow, and some of the R10s are R9s (with room to grow thanks to forma). My Carrier and Sweeper two and four forma, so it basically came out the same.

I'd say it's situational. I used the double credit weekend to do the experiment of "Are kubrow viable in T4?" because I have them all and I hadn't used them since release. I usually main Carrier/Sweeper.

Personally, I'm enjoying my Sahasa more now than my Carrier simply because it's helpful, and if I'm running with Loki or Valkyr, the thing is a beast. It's stronger than either frame and I love the utility of it giving me health, credits (esp during the event weekend where it gave me 1k credits at once a few times, and much more over the course of a mission), energy, and ammo. The only time it went down this past weekend was when it decided it needed to go 1-on-1 against the Stalker in absorb while I hid in a crate, but the Stalker died so I was actually quite proud.

Are kubrow more of an investment? Sure, are the superior to sentinels, or sentinels superior to them? I don't know. The lovely thing about this game is everyone can choose something different and what fits their play style. All I know is got a metric ton of amusement watching my kubrow eviscerate things during a 40min and change T4s run, and it was really helpful during my farm for a Soma Prime Barrel in T4i. It got to the point about two forma in that I didn't need to worry about it.

My Carrier? I do miss some of its utility but if I'm in a situation where I need to defend something and want a guard, the short-range shotgun status build isn't as helpful as a pet that will actively seek out targets, even those coming at me from my blind spot. I tend to play defensively anyway so having my pet actively hunt/kill enemies around me is really nice, verses just those that come into range. As an aside, my Sweeper is set to blast so I can have some degree of CC and finisher moves on pesky mobs in my personal space. It's good, but direct damage is generally better when dealing with things like the infested.

I kinda wish that people would stop comparing kubrow and sentinels in terms of what is "better" (and most things in the game, really), because it does come down to subjective taste, utility, and investment of effort. If you don't feel like putting a reactor or any forma on companions, yea, they're going to suck. If you're the time that has the time and desire to push the limits of a thing to see how it will preform in a given situation, then you're probably going to understand and enjoy that thing more. They're comparable, in my opinion.

For what it's worth, I'm probably going to use a Shade for stealth missions because it's easy, and I don't feel like going through the stasis process. I can always switch back to my kubrow for less stealthily missions immediately afterwards.

I normally bring my huras kubrow on most missions. However I do switch between that and my carrier. Since kubrows are horrible when your trying to be stealthy. >.> 1 stealth attack and they go on the offensive ruining the point of being stealthy.

I wish they would fix the AI. Stealth dog shouldn't attack.

I don't do any survival under 40.....

This.

I mainly use digger doge and howl doge. Howl have saved so many situations(it also causes nice bug with prolonged paralysis, affected enemies gets stuck on ground as long howl affects enemies) and she also have that shield regen ability, nice mixture of CC and defensive abilities.

Digger gives sniper and shotgun ammo,health and energy through out mission. Not to mention nice 50-75 energy right at the beginning of mission. Also its not that hard keep them alive, first it takes quite long before they even get down and you can do just few melee swipes keep them at full health.

Only reason why my kubrow really goes down these days is because if my teammates goes down in endless missions. Not to mention their damage is effective for quite while, combine that with banshee's resonance sonar they keep one shotting enemies even at 40minute mark in void surv

I use sentinels only when i want to mix up things or if i really need vacuum because i use weapons that just eats ammo away and need mutation mod. That is when i need vacuum suck all types ammo close by.

Properly modded Kubrow with maxed Bite and Maul, Pack Leader, Link Shield/Health/Armor mods can be like a tanky ball of fur runnin' around and killin' even high lvl enemies. 

Howl, Scavenge or other Kubrow specific mods help a lot too, recently I love my Sunika's VIP's grapple skill a lot <3 Makes those quick credit captures even quicker sometimes (don't have to bear with that annoying knock down from vip). 

I'd rather play warframe then waste my time on tamagotchi so I use sentinels, and no I'm, not lying when I say my sentinel survives for 40 minutes in t4, not that difficult, tamagotchi got to many downsides for what little advantages they give.

I don't see how a DNA booster once every 4 days, if you're being credit efficent, or once per day, if you always want 200% health, in a process that takes a couple of seconds, is equivelent to a tamagotchi.

And how long a sent survives in a survival is entirely dependant on how many bombards appear.

Personally, I usually use my kubrow, but, my helios is in use, as I'm taking a bit of a break from WF, not playing as often, every couple of days. But, I miss the stealth, and survivability of my Huras.

What other downsides are you talking about?

I don't see how a DNA booster once every 4 days, if you're being credit efficent, or once per day, if you always want 200% health, in a process that takes a couple of seconds, is equivelent to a tamagotchi.

And how long a sent survives in a survival is entirely dependant on how many bombards appear.

Personally, I usually use my kubrow, but, my helios is in use, as I'm taking a bit of a break from WF, not playing as often, every couple of days. But, I miss the stealth, and survivability of my Huras.

What other downsides are you talking about?

tamagotchi as in if you forget about it it can die, went on vacation, forgot to put my tamagotchi in stasis so it died, it is EXACTLY the same like tamagotchi, you forget about it and it dies.

and lotus forbid ordis does something outside of annoying you with bloody messages.

downsides as I see them:

having to pet them all the time

credit sink

stasis cooldown

spazzing out at times and just running against a wall

not being able to use any tamagotchi mod on any tamagotchi, got the tamagotchi which takes down VIP 2 times in a row, will never use that as I can just invis loki and 1 shot the capture target

Edited by havikryan