Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Parkour 2.0 Megathread - What Do You Expect? (Less Anti-Copter, More "what Should Be Added" Talk, Please)

Morec0

the 'fling' mechanic needs to be tweaked. currently you can't do anything immediately after (abilities, movement, etc) and if you fling yourself into a wall or corner you will notice it because your frame will be stuck in that animation for a few seconds

edit: i also think sideflips/backflips should be done by double-tapping that direction (like back in the original UT days)

Edited by angrykenji

IMO fluid motion is the most important thing. When you jump, roll (whether from landing or hitting shift/the roll button), etc you can't really control the way you move. When you hit the roll button, you're not controlling where you roll. You face a direction and you automatically go for the full distance throughout, and you also need to stand still for a quick few moments afterwards. That basically makes the accuracy nerf useless when you're rolling and it makes rolling feel very choppy.

Most animations, actually, feel pretty choppy unless you're Mirage (who has an innate animation time advantage; she rolls and does stuff faster.)

Edited by Ordel

So I've got a crazy idea;

Runner Mode

Imagine if you pressed like tab or something and then switched to a mode where your movement speed was a set number (we'll say 1.85 for the sake of an example) no matter what frame you had. You would be unable to use abilities or primaries, but you have the speed buff, as well as a sidearm dmg buff.

In runner mode, your frame's are able to traverse much quicker and without need of stamina, at the cost of the most hard hitting things in the game.

This could constitute removing coptering whilst also providing the typically slower frames a means to keep up as well as a new potential play style.

Edited by Siran_Kari

I don't think there is much of a problem with the parkour mechanics.

The problem is the map designs. There are very few tile sets that make parkour worth it. Most maps are cluttered with stuff that doesn't facilitate parkour in any way. Doorways that are too easy to get stuck on if you are moving with any kind of speed. Or that you have to stop at and wait for the game to figure out you are waiting outside the door for it to open for you.

Edited by Lowsodium

im just hoping that frames can run/sprint for longer/faster to make ppl feel less like they need to rely on coptering everywhere all the time

it makes no sense how ppl never bother with sprinting, becuz coptering is like 10x faster... its complete bollocks

im fine with the sliding spinning melee, and the mid-air version, but the insane acceleration needs to go, the game needs a comprehensive conservation of momentum physics overall

would also be nice to have a bit more control on wallrunning and have it work on more surfaces (would really be nice to always travel where u look vs how the terrain is angled)

and i would almost die if they got rid of all of the dead frames before and after jumping, if we had some animation cancels or just a more responsive jump, man, that would be awesome

they should add something like vaulting/strafing through enemies. sometimes you can get creep blocked with enough enemies out there, especially by infested.

coptering removal is justified i guess since it does look weird. but maybe they add in some new feature like a quick dash that pretty much is like coptering but looks better.

I'd like for sprinting to provide a very significant boost in running speed to justify the stamina use. It should have a speed comparable to some of the fast coptering weapons but not to insane levels. They should greatly reduce the momentum on fast coptering weapons too and make all weapons have the same momentum.

I don't think there is much of a problem with the parkour mechanics.

The problem is the map designs. There are very few tile sets that make parkour worth it. Most maps are cluttered with stuff that doesn't facilitate parkour in any way. Doorways that are too easy to get stuck on if you are moving with any kind of speed. Or that you have to stop at and wait for the game to figure out you are waiting outside the door for it to open for you.

No problem with parkour mechanics?! Sorry man but...After playing for two years, I can safely disagree with this. :/

It really needs a rework IMO ! Linking an air melee attack into a wallrun feels clunky. Even mr Geoff wanted the wallruns to be less sticky. Why do we rely so much on buttsliding & zorencoptering? Do you ever use the side dodge & the back handspring?Et caetera....

We need to fun FASTER, that is all they need to do, i dont feel like an OP space ninja when i run slower than most high school girls when using most frames.

Copterin is indeed bs, some people might enjoy spinning around like headless chickens when trying to get to somewhere, as they have stated already.

But we dont, sorry :/

I want it so that I have a less chance of getting hit while doing these new moves. I want it so that parkour can be viable into late game instead of getting immediately gunned down when I attempt to do a wall run. I want parkour 2.0 to hold a different advantage over staying behind cover. I would be dissappointed if when this comes out, I go into T4 void only to be riddled with bullets when I was trying to avoid them. 

The removal/reworking of Stamina, Coptering be gone. Being able to cling on edges and shoot. Be able to hangdown from edges to get more use out of maps. (Drop down from a Platform, and scoot around the edges to avoid detection) Better stealth ability, Hanging from edges. & Lastly, Spiderman from point A to point B with things like Whips. That'd be neat.

Well I know you won't like this but I fear the worst, I think I'm the only one that really loves the parkour as it is now (yes parkour includes coptering). They are gonna change it for the worst, nothing DE changes is for the better imo. Copter cry babies are gonna have what they wanted , it will be severly nerfed and thus rending this game obsolete to me. Oh well I guess I don't really play anymore and at least I have a few videos for good memories. So I guess the soon to be changes in the parkour is going to be the final nail in the coffin for Warframe imo.

So long good friend !

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

The reason why it is embraced is because its incredibly fun and useful to move around. Nothing to do with mods or frames, it is vital to the game imo, this move is unique and makes the game unique, Coptering is Warframe. Get your head out of your ...

SO disagree with this. It looks weird, it makes no sense, and it makes the game a rush-fest rather than what it ought to be - actually FIGHTING your way through the hordes of enemies with your allies at your side.

Why fight anything when you can just copter to extraction? Why even lay a finger on enemies when "Hmm, a crowd! TOO BAD COPTER ACROSS THE MAP!"

It's anti-fun for many of us, and the fact that the playerbase embrace it in a team-game forces us to use it as well or else we suffer for it.

Edited by Morec0

The reason why it is embraced is because its incredibly fun and useful to move around. Nothing to do with mods or frames, it is vital to the game imo, this move is unique and makes the game unique, Coptering is Warframe. Get your head out of your ...

The most guys who want coptering to be removed don't even parkour around the map.

I don't understand why they complain about it, if they would not even use a new parkour system.

Warframe Parkour is, was and will always be a combination of normal jumping and wallruning and melee movement.

The removal/reworking of Stamina, Coptering be gone. Being able to cling on edges and shoot. Be able to hangdown from edges to get more use out of maps. (Drop down from a Platform, and scoot around the edges to avoid detection) Better stealth ability, Hanging from edges. & Lastly, Spiderman from point A to point B with things like Whips. That'd be neat.

If only, if Only they make parkour as cool as this

Yes please. These 2 posts.

Speed difference between frames becomes meaningless. Speed mods become meaningless. Movement abilities for the frames that have them become almost meaningless.

It all comes down to weapon speed now, which neutralizes deliberately designed aspects of the game.

SO disagree with this. It looks weird, it makes no sense, and it makes the game a rush-fest rather than what it ought to be - actually FIGHTING your way through the hordes of enemies with your allies at your side.

Why fight anything when you can just copter to extraction? Why even lay a finger on enemies when "Hmm, a crowd! TOO BAD COPTER ACROSS THE MAP!"

It's anti-fun for many of us, and the fact that the playerbase embrace it in a team-game forces us to use it as well or else we suffer for it.

Wrong perspective. You effect rushers as much as they effect you. You have the same right to decide how you want to play like they have.

Maybe they want to go fast through the mission and you hinder them to do so?

They can suck you, you can suck them. You have to expect that some players will not play like you want if you enter a public game. If you have a problem with this guys, than play solo like I do when I want to search some treasures in the mission or build your own group.

But rushers will stay rushers, with or without coptering. So that is really no reason to change or remove it at all.

Edited by Feyangol