Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Parkour 2.0 Megathread - What Do You Expect? (Less Anti-Copter, More "what Should Be Added" Talk, Please)

Morec0

We know it's coming, heck it'll be demonstrated at Tenno Live, but I can't help but think: what will it do?

I mean, unless they're revamping the whole of the environments, what can they possible add to it or do to make it better?

That's what I'm looking to see suggestions on here, discussion about - what you'd like to see and how it would be incorporated.

---

Myself: best I can figure is that parkour will be given a "sticky" aspect - you'll be able to jump up onto walls and cling to them automatically, rather than just fall to the side unless you hold down certain buttons.

"But there are no footholds! Handholds!"

Remember the Rhino Prime entry?

I can hear it lumbering toward me, its metal fingers rending the walls...

Warframes make their OWN holds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7pwZaInsQg

Updated with the "Tombs of the Sentient" trailer from Tennolive 2015 which shows new parkour possibilities. -Tulzscha

Edited by Tulzscha

I approve this sentence.

I approve of your approval *stamp*

kind of hope we'll be able to go monkey bar style under roofs and possibly swing across stuff.

But that would sometimes just be useless as we can jump 150 meters with zorencopter bs.

Which is why I continue to support the removal of coperating as it is now - but that's a different discussion.

I hadn't even thought about parkouring across the roof, but yes, that WOULD be something awesome.

What am I expecting?

Damage 2.0 went from having one copy-paste rainbow build to having one copy-paste build for each faction. It didn't add much depth at all and just made the system more mystifying to newcomers and forced the annoying loadout swapping for each faction.

Melee 2.0 was a mess, lots of cool combos with absolutely no practical use that nobody ever bothers with. Embarrassingly, the most notable change from melee 2.0 is we get extra mod slots from stances, that's it.

My hopes aren't high. To change anything in the way that it needs to, all the maps need to be re-worked completely, and I already know that will never happen. 

I think Geoff was onto something when he was talking about momentum in a recent devstream though. Certain animations really kill the momentum, and I'd like to see that changed.

I expect disappointment, but I hope to be pleasantly surprised. I hope to see:

Falling roll reduction

Vaulting speed increase

Better wall-run detection (especially close range)

User-error mitigation (I.e. minor mistakes being recoverable)

Edited by DaftMeat

I expect stuff to be done, to try it out for a while, then go back to coptering and air melee rather than put up with overly complicated parkour, not to say that it won't be viable or anything and that I wont do it from time to time just for fun, but coptering is so burned in to my muscle memory I can't stop

zorencopter bs.

I expect this to be removed with parkour 2.0

I dont see any need for it if we can get some smooth parkour gameplay

I also expect to see less clunky movement controls.

Something like hold the jump button to climb on the object

Camera position determines your wallrun direction

And maybe the ability to stick yourself to the wall (stab your melee weapon into it allowing you to post up on walls with your secondary weapons?)

I expect stuff to be done, to try it out for a while, then go back to coptering and air melee rather than put up with overly complicated parkour, not to say that it won't be viable or anything and that I wont do it from time to time just for fun, but coptering is so burned in to my muscle memory I can't stop

Hence why I too:

... want coptering removed...

Or at least reworked. I think making it so that coptering is more melee-combat functionality - you stop and spin in place, dealing damage to all around you - rather than movement functionality - keep moving forward in increased momentum for faster area traversal - as it is, it's just deathly to all other movement in the game.

However... I am incredibly surprised to see so many people supporting the removal of coperting - I remember back in the day when saying "can we get rid of coptering" amounted to heresy of the highest order.

But, back on point:

As for other things, I guess a sprinting and stamina rework.

Yes, this would seem to be implied by such a system, though how it'll be implemented is a curious thing.

¬¬¬¬¬If they do remove coptering I will be very sad. I am a fat FROST and I can’t keep up with anyone if I don’t copter around with dual zorens/ Ankyros prime/ you get the picture.

I'd say: well then those others need to slow the <redacted> down.

EDIT: I really just ought to rename this thread: "Get rid of coptering, please!!" at this point XD

Edited by Morec0

Preeetty sure that'll drive the thread into a coffin.

Which is why I am resisting...

Despite the improvement that would be...

*SMACK*

Yeah, corners and whatnot would be a needed fix as well - I think the "sticky hold" would work, heck, using the weapons instead of just our hands makes sense to (credit to both people I am addressing here).

Edited by Morec0

There is no skill involved in coptering, the mechanic itself doesn't make any type of logical sense. Swinging your melee around should not send you flying across the map. Slow frames are slow frames, that is no reason to have such a mechanic in the game I always thought it was a bunch of nonsense, It will also make pvp better since a lot of people depend on flying around the map with that idiocy.

Edit: And also I don't think wall running should send you propelling forward as much as it does not.

Edited by SoulDust