Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Evil Traders De Please Its Time For A New Trade System

Doughalo2

I have had enough... I can't find good prices for anything in trade anymore! Why? Because many dishonest sellers only sell to new players who don't know any better.

The reason why this is a problem is because now many people can't afford the prices because these sellers just tell you off.

A player market should be introduced to give competition for cheaper prices ! and if a seller wants to make plat the will have to compete and this will keep price stable and HONEST.

PLUSSSSS it can be INSTANT and you can set up items to sell and leave them for others to buy quick ! :D 

PLEASE DE :D

In my experience, with the exception of new items, the market values tend to be fair, based a little on the power and desirability of the item, but mostly on the volume in circulation and the relative ease or difficulty in acquiring.

A new trade system is desperately needed though, the whole host-dojo-client-failure-retry-10mins-for-one-trade thing is excessive. It may have been mentioned in a devstream that something was happening, I cannot remember the specifics though.

a seller can sell at any price he/she desires. Its just the reality of it if people really want it they will buy it. A dude bought a dual status mod off me for 150p im not going to be the one to tell him not to give me so much. thats the name of the trading game. if people dont want to be suckerd you do the research. same in real life with games. Dont pre order do your research ect...

I imagine Prime prices will have risen due to the reduced supply and increased demand.  Getting a Scindo Blade used to be hard but now some people need two and others just cash in for 50 ducats instead of selling.  More people need them, less people willing to sell them, price goes up.

a seller can sell at any price he/she desires. Its just the reality of it if people really want it they will buy it. A dude bought a dual status mod off me for 150p im not going to be the one to tell him not to give me so much. thats the name of the trading game. if people dont want to be suckerd you do the research. same in real life with games. Dont pre order do your research ect...

still a faster trade system with a player market would be better no ?

The problem is everyone has different opinions on what items are worth

Some think a boltor prime set is worth 50p while others think its worth 20p

Some people base their prices around the wftrading.net website while others think the site is a scam so they double the prices listed on their

And ofc there are also those that try to scam players for more plat than its obviously worth 

Because of this the economy is in an odd spot and has no real number value for what items are worth and it makes it difficult for even veteran players at time to purchase an item from a player at a reasonable or fair price.

I think it was mentioned somewhere before that DE doesnt want to implement an auction house but something needs to be done to try and create a stable economy that is less confusing 

I'm a founder, but I was away from the game for a very long time. Recently came back and started trading, since I'm married, with a kid and I don´t have all the time in the world to farm everything. I can tell you that with a little bit of research, WFT.net, and not being in a rush, I pretty much have been able to close many deals for the last couple of weeks and I got fair prices for most of it.

It is not perfect, I agree, a market would be greatly appreciated, but that would be an entire new module for the game, and I would not hold my breath on it, specially if nothing related was said to come up with update 16.

I wish trading was simply removed, but it most likely will not happen.

As for Trading 2.0, I like the Auction-house idea some people have suggested. Think of WoW, where you can list it for whatever you want. 

This is not TF2. Some thirdparty site should not be in charge of Warframe prices. Platinum is way more pricey than TF2 keys and unusuals.

isn't this kinda the purpose of trading chat? get the best price for what you're willing to sell?

if some new player is going to buy me something above the real price I won't complain, neither would you in the same position I think

that said some things are really overpriced, but unless an auction house system is implemented, there won't ever be a solution

Some people base their prices around the wftrading.net website while others think the site is a scam so they double the prices listed on their

About that, I can tell you I always evaluate the item quality (is it a well known top tier weapon/mod?) against availability (is it drop-ble, hard or easy to get by, exclusive event or not, or not available anymore - arcanes) and of course, will I have to farm cores for an eternity to get it to rank 10?

Based on that, I come up with my own conclusions about the price on WFT being fair or not, and if it is not, I don´t go for it. Still, WFT gives me plenty of information besides the price range.

still a faster trade system with a player market would be better no ?

I would rather tolerance the occasional high roller than to deal with AH reseller. The only reason that DE would consider adding an AH is because of the console player. Typing ain't exactly easy task on console let alone advertising 10 20 item at a time

Edited by Neogeo

About that, I can tell you I always evaluate the item quality (is it a well known top tier weapon/mod?) against availability (is it drop-ble, hard or easy to get by, exclusive event or not, or not available anymore - arcanes) and of course, will I have to farm cores for an eternity to get it to rank 10?

Based on that, I come up with my own conclusions about the price on WFT being fair or not, and if it is not, I don´t go for it. Still, WFT gives me plenty of information besides the price range.

Thats not what my comment was referring to.

I'm talking about players that just think the wftrading.net was a website set up to scam people so anything listed on their website is false averages so they make sure to double what the site says on items. 

I've had players try to scold me numerous time thats is a scam site when i mention they use it to help create prices for buying / selling

You don't need to trade with other players. Other people setting prices that you don't like it is not actually harming you in any way.  Too expensive? Don't buy it. Go get one yourself. It's that simple.

Plus, if you actually do the math on the amount of platinum people charge for things versus the amount of time it takes to get them, I believe you will find that traders are basically working for Chinese sweatshop pay. It seems unreasonable to charge 50 platinum (about 3$, without discount) for {rare part} until you take into consideration that statistically it takes days of effort to get one. In the case of ranked up mods, literal days i.e. more than 24 hours in-game farming cores.

Complaining that other people charge too much and it's not fair kind of smacks of you valuing your time more than other people's. That's not cool.

As far as adding an auction house, after seeing the market manipulation that happens in other games, I maintain that the only way to make this work properly is to remove the possibility of resale. If you buy a thing from the auction house, it's yours, and you can't trade it again.

(I'd also like to point out that I often correct people on their bids if they are trying to buy something that's not in super high demand. Newbie offers 50p for a prime set, I sell it to them for 30.  But the beneficiaries of such honesty don't come and complain on the forums.)

Edited by Momaw

You don't need to trade with other players. Other people setting prices that you don't like it is not actually harming you in any way.  Too expensive? Don't buy it. Go get one yourself. It's that simple.

Plus, if you actually do the math on the amount of platinum people charge for things versus the amount of time it takes to get them, I believe you will find that traders are basically working for Chinese sweatshop pay. It seems unreasonable to charge 50 platinum (about 3$, without discount) for {rare part} until you take into consideration that statistically it takes days of effort to get one. In the case of ranked up mods, literal days i.e. more than 24 hours in-game farming cores.

Complaining that other people charge too much and it's not fair kind of smacks of you valuing your time more than other people's. That's not cool.

As far as adding an auction house, after seeing the market manipulation that happens in other games, I maintain that the only way to make this work properly is to remove the possibility of resale. If you buy a thing from the auction house, it's yours, and you can't trade it again.

(I'd also like to point out that I often correct people on their bids if they are trying to buy something that's not in super high demand. Newbie offers 50p for a prime set, I sell it to them for 30.  But the beneficiaries of such honesty don't come and complain on the forums.)

value does not come in how long it took someone to get it. it comes in the rarity of the item. 

Remove it so that EVERY player has to work just as hard as the other, fair and square. I am a father of 2 and I'm not rich. On top of that, the country I live in is in a recession so for me buying platinum is not an option PERIOD, neither is farming/ grinding 24/7(not if you have a job anyways). You can now buy platinum via your mobile phone.. Hurray!!(NOT) I use a pre-paid phone so I'm better off saving the time on it to actually phone someone I need to speak to instead of spending it on platinum for a game(really a shame because it is the only way for me to even get close to buying platinum for RL cash). The pay to win factor is too high in f2p games anyways.. Free to play is awesome for people like me but actually getting good stuff will either cost me hours of farming(wich I simply do not have) or ingame currency bought for RL cash(wich I do not have)

Fact is: 4 euro's comes down to 4 breads from wich my family and I can eat for a week.. painful but sadly it is the truth.

I have been trying to sell prime parts/ bp's for a couple of meezely plats but even that is not done, It'll take much of your time trying to find a buyer.. I'm just not getting rid of them. The parts I have other people have as well and to be honest finally getting something good puts me in the position of having to choose between using it myself or selling it to FINALLY get some of that highly wanted platinum wich in it's turn means I have to grind to get the same thing back again... 

Gaming for me is a way to relax and shortly get away from RL stress and the painful and annoing fact that nearly everything can be bought nowadays as long as you got the cash. Only to discover that in f2p games you have to pay to get stuff aswell.. Unfair, but so are many things these days it seems..

isn't this kinda the purpose of trading chat? get the best price for what you're willing to sell?

if some new player is going to buy me something above the real price I won't complain, neither would you in the same position I think

that said some things are really overpriced, but unless an auction house system is implemented, there won't ever be a solution

No it isnt.

When it comes to trading, im being a $&*^, i want twice as much as i believe item is worth and offer 50-75% of what i believe item is worth, but thats pretty much extent and i at least try to be somewhat fair.

If you want to make some money you will lie to ppl, undercut others to throw them out, double cross them and do whatever to get higher price.

Ah actually stops most of above from happening since you can clearly see whats happening with prices.

Only to discover that in f2p games you have to pay to get stuff aswell.

No?

The entire premise of being able to trade premium currency in this or other F2P games that do it, is that the overwhelming majority of people have either time or money. People with time serve as content accelerators for people with money, and the game survives. But in your case I literally do not know what you expect DE to do for you.  You can't grind parts because you don't have time, and you can't pay other people to grind for you because you don't have money. Do you just want free stuff?  Wouldn't that destroy any sense of accomplishment or value in doing anything?

Trading chat can't change while remaining a useful way to get plat.

Your suggestion of player markets where people leave things has been suggested before, and every time it comes down to the fact that it'll make prices drop down to nothing. New players will get everything instantly, which is already a huge problem. Old players will be unable to actually make any money because everything will be at most 1p.

The supply is definitely there for the demand. In terms of duplicates compared to people, the prime parts and non-exclusive mods markets are saturated. It's entirely the annoyance of going to trade chat that keeps prices at a reasonable level.

Just because you've had bad experiences with prices doesn't mean that other people do. The problem is that the people with the high prices don't actually sell their things. That's how all free markets work. There are a lot of people with prices too high to actually sell, and the people who have reasonable prices sell their goods quickly.

I know this from experience. I've made hundreds of plat from selling things for what they're worth while watching the same people try to overprice their items unwilling to accept that that's not how free markets work for the entire time that I'm in the trade chat.

The simplest explanation of how the prices work was the first response to this thread, quoted for truth:

In my experience, with the exception of new items, the market values tend to be fair, based a little on the power and desirability of the item, but mostly on the volume in circulation and the relative ease or difficulty in acquiring.

In short, let those of us who are willing to work for it get our plat. It's completely fair that you have to work for it to get your cheap stuff.