Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pvp...is This What We Realy Need?

(PSN)witex25

Irrelevant. The fact that they're going to go against their word is a given. Ignoring that DE very rarely actually does what they say they'll do will get you nowhere.

PvP will affect PvE. The question is simply how and how they're going to attempt (and fail) to legitimize saying that it doesn't affect it.

It's hardly irrelevant, given that you have no idea what you're talking about, yet you continue to act like you do.

Go watch the devstreams. They're being kept seperate, with only certain loadouts even allowed in PvP to try and keep things balanced over there, as well as the ability to turn weapons and mods on/off for PvP depending on if they need to be tweaked for the sake of balance.

As long as its its own thing, PVP is a good thing, its when the mode begins to encroach upon the regular pve content that I start getting a little iffy on games, but I don't think that will be the case, and honestly the option SHOULD be there for folks.

Like a Nuclear power plant, you don't wanna live near it, spawns some toxic waste, but provides an alternative & plentiful source of energy, in WF case, another avenue of distraction & entertainment.

Just so long as it stays away from the PVE content & doesn't go kablooey spreading its influence into the core of the game, it'll be fine, some people play slots, some play poker, combining the two doesn't work, but having the two in the same area can double profits.

Irrelevant. The fact that they're going to go against their word is a given. Ignoring that DE very rarely actually does what they say they'll do will get you nowhere.

PvP will affect PvE. The question is simply how and how they're going to attempt (and fail) to legitimize saying that it doesn't affect it.

any post saying pvp WILL effect pve is beyond irrelevant, its just dumb. DE has stated, IN THE DEVSTREAM!!, that pvp and pve WILL... BE... SEPARATE!! they in no way, shape, and or forum want to force it on the community so it will be a separate thing at ALL times. even balancing for pvp will ONLY be the 3 starting frames which are excal, mag, volt (correct me if changed), the starting melee of either a skana or bo, the lato pistol or kunai, and the braton rifle. ALL abilities will be lvl 1 and NO MODS ALLOWED. this is what was said in the devstream and has not changed since, so till it does then there is nothing to discuss. 

Apparently those of us who like the PVP more than the PVE aren't allowed to have a balanced and fun game mode?

PVP supports game longevity and will keep money coming in for PVE content. Look at all the long standing games that had a longer than 3 year lifespan, besides borderlands I can't think of a purely PVE based game that lasted.

If you are concerned think of it like this, all those imbalances in guns will be fixed due to pvp. Powers will be balanced as well. You will get a better game.

Ignoring that DE very rarely actually does what they say they'll do will get you nowhere.

If you're convinced that DE is going to or has already looked the community in the eye and flat out lied by making, with full coherence and intention, promises they cannot or will not keep, then you are wasting your time and ours discussing anything here. There is no swaying someone with your mindset - for if you believe what you say to be true, all is already lost upon you. Please kindly and respectfully take your misinformation and conspiratory ideals elsewhere.

Edited by DJ_Redwire

If you're convinced that DE is going to or has already looked the community in the eye and flat out lied by making, with full coherence and intention, promises they cannot or will not keep, then you are wasting your time and ours discussing anything here. There is no swaying someone with your mindset - for if you believe what you say to be true, all is already lost upon you. Please kindly and respectfully take your misinformation and conspiratory ideals elsewhere.

Don't be so upset with him. It's people like him that keep DE honest.

What i'm hoping is that after this PvP update, they go back to focusing on PvE content only, or at least for a very long time until they look at PvP again. This is a PvE-oriented game, after all.

PvP should be optional (in a perfect world it would not exist, but oh well), and never be forced onto anyone. Any PvP rewards in the form of weapons should be mediocre at best so people who do not PvP do not miss out on something powerful, and thus feel forced into it.

The game overall is certainly different from the 2013 era. Although, if I had to pick something that is ruining, or has already ruined (for some people, at least) the game, I would say it is trading. People have become lazy, and seemingly do not bother to play the game for what they want. I've even seen people comment on how they simply buy cheap 50 ducat prime parts for 5-10 Platinum and sell them, which is sad, to me anyways.

Speaking of Primes, you gotta love how they lost their value. Back in 2013, having a Prime was the result of hard work and earning it yourself. Now, it's all meaningless. Rhino Prime alone is like the standard issue newb Frame of the newbie army, because it's all I ever see when I get randomly paired with level 0, or very low-ranked Tenno in regards to mastery.

This is just my opinion, though. People can do whatever they want.

I got to play this game in it's "Stone Age", and enjoyed it very much.

I still enjoy it nowadays, but it's different.

Edited by Tymerc

PVP is exactly the wrong thing lore wise for the game. Too bad that nobody cares about lore anymore.

So much for the "few in number so we have to help each other to survive" deal. Whats next, going to hit rescued from Cryo sleep Tenno with a rescue bill?

such a waste of resources and time. The dueling was enough and it was bent enough to fit the lore as an honorable tradition. This new thing is straight hot garbage

For all you know the lore is going to be "It's a vortual training simulation."

Makes sense already since CTF is "Capture the Cephalon".

Brace for the toxic pvp community that comes along with it.

Not sure if serious...

Apparently those of us who like the PVP more than the PVE aren't allowed to have a balanced and fun game mode?

PVP supports game longevity and will keep money coming in for PVE content. Look at all the long standing games that had a longer than 3 year lifespan, besides borderlands I can't think of a purely PVE based game that lasted.

If you are concerned think of it like this, all those imbalances in guns will be fixed due to pvp. Powers will be balanced as well. You will get a better game.

I quess so. It seems to be mindset in these forums. PVP and its players are toxic...

What i'm hoping is that after this PvP update, they go back to focusing on PvE content only, or at least for a very long time until they look at PvP again. This is a PvE-oriented game, after all.

PvP should be optional (in a perfect world it would not exist, but oh well), and never be forced onto anyone. Any PvP rewards in the form of weapons should be mediocre at best so people who do not PvP do not miss out on something powerful, and thus feel forced into it.

The game overall is certainly different from the 2013 era. Although, if I had to pick something that is ruining, or has already ruined (for some people, at least) the game, I would say it is trading. People have become lazy, and seemingly do not bother to play the game for what they want. I've even seen people comment on how they simply buy cheap 50 ducat prime parts for 5-10 Platinum and sell them, which is sad, to me anyways.

Speaking of Primes, you gotta love how they lost their value. Back in 2013, having a Prime was the result of hard work and earning it yourself. Now, it's all meaningless. Rhino Prime alone is like the standard issue newb Frame of the newbie army, because it's all I ever see when I get randomly paired with level 0, or very low-ranked Tenno in regards to mastery.

This is just my opinion, though. People can do whatever they want.

I got to play this game in it's "Stone Age", and enjoyed it very much.

I still enjoy it nowadays, but it's different.

1: they have team wich is solely focused on PVP, to ensure PvE content wont be affected at all and "speed" on pve content devolpment wont be slowed. I like how everyone just chooses ignore this fact so they can *@##$ more.(and you say this is great community...)

2. Actually in perfect world, pvp do exist. Maybe not in your ours, but for DE eyes it do. DE are here for business and adding functional pvp is their key keep game alive longer than solely focussing on PvE, especially on consoles. Dead product wont give profit

3. They have said all ready in couple devstreams, that rewards in pvp are for pvp only. So there is no reason those being horrible, as those wont affect PvE at all. Now true fear of these thing is, will they be Like: Serration(pvp) hornet strike(pvp) etc... thus dooming entire mode right away and also causing unheard masses just quit this game and not look back.

Well it's not a baseless opinion. Take a look at a lot of PvP games, you'll see that the rotten ones are quite large and common.

Its is the curse of first person shooters i know. But there is good ones.  Back in my days, Dark Souls pvp was respectable. Everyone bowed before and after match, no one healed, no one camped around AI's, no one were just "backstab fishing". But ever since enter of PC players and its grown popularity, it got poisoned and that were point i retired from it.

PvP does affect PvE. Dark Sectors are the best example of that.

I only hope the upcoming PvP changes will affect PvE POSITIVELY, such as the PvP team saying to Scott "Hey, this weapon really sucks, you should buff it in PvE too."

If he doesn't want to listen to players, maybe he'll listen to coworkers..

I only hope the upcoming PvP changes will affect PvE POSITIVELY, such as the PvP team saying to Scott "Hey, this weapon really sucks, you should buff it in PvE too."

One can hope... but im sure even his co-workers have adressed grind in this game... yet its only increased and got more difficult...

Warframe is changing. I am realy worry in to exactly what...on last devstreams DE's talking mostly about Pvp. Do we realy need this in this "free" game? Are they doing what we ask for? What influance this will have on ouer community? I mean i don't want this game to change in "battlecallhalo i will do anything to be the best". Warfame was different, we all love this game for freedome it give us. For chalanges that we made for ouer self. To have FUN with ouer clan mates, for thinking, discuss how to, with what, when, why, what if...

Do we realy want to fight against us? To have this kind of klan wars? This kind of "i am betrer" problem solution?

What you guys think. In to what this game evolving? Where is ouer feeling of unique??

Human being is competitive and elitist on its own. Even now, on forums there are people claiming of being veterans, completionists, to say their opinion is better than other's and to discriminate.

PVP or not, people wasting life on videogames will always claim something to feel of more value than others.

It's yet happening, maybe you didn't notice.

If it's gonna be good, PVP is going to bring more people and assure more longevity to WF. Since it's gonna be split from PVE you won't have repercussion for it.

Just ignore egocentric players and keep going as you are doing now.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

Pretty sure there is a separate team focusing on PVP and one that focuses on PVE. You're basically saying that because you hate PVP there should be no team focused on PVP to give everyone what they want and that is more toxic than PVP itself. Just because a game is PVE-oriented, doesn't mean it can't have a separate game mode in which players can compete with each other. A lot of PVE-oriented games have at least some PVP in it, whether it is balanced or not. At least DE is making an effort to keep it balanced and enjoyable for those that are willing to participate in it. Balanced and enjoyable PVP means less raging about exploits, someone being cheap, unbalanced weapons, and lessening the growth of a toxic PVP environment. 

Not saying there won't be at least a few idiots in the PVP community but they should be viewed as the minority, since Warframe is a not PVP-oriented game.

Well it's not a baseless opinion. Take a look at a lot of PvP games, you'll see that the rotten ones are quite large and common.

I'm faily certain there are alot of elitist pricks in warframe as well, who hate PvP. PvP breed competitiveness and that usually bring out the meaner side in people, as people normally hate losing.

Warframe has it's own fair of it. Every event that has a leader-board it happens when an exploit is found. Dark sectors caused major flamewars over certain clans and high taxes.

The "Toxic pvp community" will be in their own niche, playing against those who want to play PvP. PvP appears to have it's own rules and mods, so we can just leave them there. If people think PvP will make this community worse, we're either  a loving community or a very whiny one, pvp won't change that. We even give them a separate board. So nonone of their whine in GD.

Edited by cozzi21

Dark Sectors are an optional part of the game that everyone rages over because it was once PVE and was changed. None of them offer anything you cannot get somewhere else. This argument is completely baseless.

This is like saying the store I shop at charges double compared to the three across the street. Rather than not shop there I want it to be shut down or changed so I have nothing to complain about.

Can be separete team, but this PVP team means less people working on PVE. If this PVP group worked on PVE content we probably had U16 2 or 3 weeks ago. So PVP development affects PVE development.

The real question is, PVP in WF worth the time and ressource that they are using for it? It´s impossible to say before the full release, but based on the things i watched on Devstream is a big No.

I don´t see the point on a pvp without 90% of the frames, without 90%of the weapons and without 75% of the WF skills. Players have tons of Pvp f2p games, focused on pvp only, so, why they want to play a basic, caped and generic pvp if they have better options?