Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are So Many Mastery 10+ Players So Arrogant?

Duyet

I have so many occassions that these players think they act like they're pro or something. I am playing on my noob account just to start fresh and so many of these idiots are so shallow that they think the single digits are newbs.

Yesterday I had some occassions that these people act like jerks on my new account.

1) I got a bit careless in a void capture mission and got killed by the target. This dude ran up to revive me for a sec then he saw the capture target then chased after him, leaving me to bleed out. He said it's because he had to sacrifice me for the mission and even laughed about it like I am nothing.

2) I joined a squad as a mastery 6 for IV survival, and the host said I shouldn't be joining because my rank was too low. He said he would have to carry me twice. Funny thing is, I didn't die once in the mission while he and another guy died a few times. The last guy d/ced or something. 

3) I started in a syndicate mission solo, then this stupid rank 12 came in. I pretty much was done with the area so I went to the 2 locks door. I waited him there for a min and 2 while he was just walking around, doing nothing. Then I went over to where he was. He went to the door, and click on the lock just once. I ran up behind him literally a second later and he doesn't press it again. Seriously? He wanted to play the waiting game with me there, but I decided it wasn't worth and just aborted.

4) This last one I admit I was being a bit of an jerk, but I was joking in the recruit section saying that I was looking for a group for the escalation event and no noobs allowed. Some guy checked my profile and PM me, saying my mastery is only 6 so I am a noob too. Then, he blocked me. I was just trying to gather a good team together.

I know these are just some examples, but these happened in a day. Are people this stupid to think mastery rank really mean that much? All it means is how much weapon and frames you've played with. They don't have to be asses toward other people just because of their rank.

In regards to #1: sorry, but I would've done the same, depending on how long the capture target has been running around it. If it's down to reviving you or potentially failing the mission, I'm going after the target. You can always use a revive if you need to.

For #2: I don't necessarily go off MR, but if you're running around with unranked/low-level stuff in a T4, I'm going to assume you'll have to be carried. Don't know if that's what kind of situation you were in though.

3) I started in a syndicate mission solo, then this stupid rank 12 came in. I pretty much was done with the area so I went to the 2 locks door. I waited him there for a min and 2 while he was just walking around, doing nothing. Then I went over to where he was. He went to the door, and click on the lock just once. I ran up behind him literally a second later and he doesn't press it again. Seriously? He wanted to play the waiting game with me there, but I decided it wasn't worth and just aborted.

Did you ever consider he/she was searching for medallions? Or at least specify how/where they were walking.

Edited by LazerSkink

1) Capture target is more important, due to the mission failing if the capture targets escape.

2) Your MR doesn't matter for T4 Survival, but I get the feeling your gear and modding isn't up to scratch for it

3) If that was a Syndicate mission, it is 100% likely that he was looking for the Syndicate Medallions, likely with Thief's Wit equipped. Did you bother to ask him?

4) Other guy was well within his rights to profile-check you and call you out.

No offence, but you seem kind of entitled and uptight. Might wanna take a deep breath sometime.

Well I love to use my alternate account a lot to play PUB games so people do not recognize me as a YouTuber/fansite. Makes for some fun time when people start getting mad that a MR3 can out talk them on the game or even out do them in play. It's real fun to call them out on their own mistakes and arrogance 

Discrimination against lower ranked players isnt helping anyone and unless your rank truly makes you incapable of completing some mission(mainly due to lack of gear which cant really be rectified with experience or skill in warframe) then you have my support and understanding.

But really try to understand these ppl too.

1) if 2 targets escape its mission failed, you cant ever guarantee that you wont die if you focus only on your target so he cant simply ignore capture just because you died while trying to capture it. I believe he did right thing and minimized risk of mission failure.

2)That was uncalled, rank 6 should have enough gear and experience to be able to do 40 mins of t4 surv.

3)That was synd mission, are you sure he didnt just look for medallions?? if yes then you cant blame him, otherwise hes a $&*^ alright.

4)You acted arrogant yourself and even while i dont agree with pms and blocking, you actually called for such reaction. Remember that its hard to detect sarcasm over internet.

Edited by Davoodoo

In regards to #1: sorry, but I would've done the same, depending on how long the capture target has been running around it. If it's down to reviving you or potentially failing the mission, I'm going after the target. You can always use a revive if you need to.

Yeah, but he didn't need to taunt me about it. He was like, "Sorry, I had to sacrifice you, but I killed the guy that killed you. lol"

Did you ever consider he was searching for medallions? Or at least specify how/where he was walking.

Yeah, I checked the whole area already. No medallions. Was waiting for him to activate the thing. He stood there like a sack of s#!t like he's mad at me for not activating it when he did, while I was waiting for him for a few minutes. So he couldn't tolerate someone not being there when he did just because he's great.

1) if 2 targets escape its mission failed, you cant ever guarantee that you wont die if you focus only on your target so he cant simply ignore capture just because you died while trying to capture it. I believe he did right thing and minimized risk of mission failure.

The other target was captured, which I forgot to add. He was just being an &#!.

Edited by Duyet

Wait, that's a taunt?

taunt
tônt/
noun
noun: taunt; plural noun: taunts
  1. 1.
    a remark made in order to anger, wound, or provoke someone.
    synonyms: jeer, jibe, sneer, insult, barb, catcall; More
    informaldig, put-down;
    teasing, provocation, goading, derision, mockery
    "the taunts of his classmates"
verb
verb: taunt; 3rd person present: taunts; past tense: taunted; past participle: taunted; gerund or present participle: taunting
provoke or challenge (someone) with insulting remarks.
"students began taunting her about her weight"
synonyms: jeer at, sneer at, scoff at, poke fun at, make fun of, get at, insult, tease, chaff, torment, goad, ridicule, deride, mock, heckle, ride; More

It's not always about being a newbie or noob, but it depends on if your gear/ set-up is noobie or not. You might be be mastery 5, but at that time I doubt you got a good enough set-up to do a high level mission.

Personally I do not care much, if they are even less then rank 12 I'd reject them, it's not about their skills, but their gear. Someone around mastery 15 or higher got all frames and and probably better mods, weaps and so on. Though if I ask for specific frame or weapons to bring, do I not mastery discriminate :P

It might seem a bit arrogant, but if you barely do any damage or your usefulness is limited do not bother. But if you get lucky, go for it, though do not expect too much from me.

I went solo for the most part after making an new account, when I was high enough level I bothered going to recruit chat so to find people so I can do some missions. I've meet some rude tennos - or rather dumb tennos. Though most of them are inexperienced tennos, newbies you could call them. Though I've had my fair share of rude mastery +10 tennos :P. It's best to ignore them at times or just keep going.

Edited by elixze

Yeah, but he didn't need to taunt me about it. He was like, "Sorry, I had to sacrifice you, but I killed the guy that killed you. lol"

Yeah, I checked the whole area already. No medallions. Was waiting for him to activate the thing. He stood there like a sack of s#!t like he's mad at me for not activating it when he did, while I was waiting for him for a few minutes. So he couldn't tolerate someone not being there when he did just because he's great.

You fell flat on your face, he tried to ress you for 1 sec then ran after guy, killed him, capped and taunted you while you said and did nothing to him??

Provide some context at least, cause if you complained about not getting ressed then no wonder he taunted you.

He didnt knew that area was clear, you get no info about that and he cant read minds, as for standing near doors it happened few times, i simply thought that other guy wasnt pushing it while i was spamming c or z instead of x.

Hum, i have an alt account i level for my brother who doesn't have lot of time to play. So i did few alert with my rank 0-1 (potato ones) and a few void T3/T4 for the x2 credit weekend. I always found people (mr10+) who were cool about it and helped me, thinking i was a noob (well i tend to roleplay a bit), giving me advices and such. I always ask them if i'm a bother, and the answer i almost always get is no, just to try to stay alive and follow, nothing more. it's always funny when i end up reviving them and making more damages than some of them. They are always like wtf is this dude.

But the community here for the most part is quite ok, did you said that it was an alt account and you already had some experience?

Jerks will be jerks. Some jerks think that by having no life in a game it makes them better than everyone else. Mastery means nothing. Skill and good builds mean more. 

Funny story, I was looking for a prime part to buy and some guy messages me trying to sell a different prime part. I think I was looking for Systems and he was trying to sell me Chassis of the same frame or something like that. So my response was along the lines of general confusion. Then he swore and claimed I was being smart with him and blocked me before I had a chance to explain he got the item mixed up. Some people are so full of ignorant rage XD

You fell flat on your face, he tried to ress you for 1 sec then ran after guy, killed him, capped and taunted you while you said and did nothing to him??

Provide some context at least, cause if you complained about not getting ressed then no wonder he taunted you.

He didnt knew that area was clear, you get no info about that and he cant read minds, as for standing near doors it happened few times, i simply thought that other guy wasnt pushing it while i was spamming c or z instead of x.

Well, the capture mission guy was all like "no Tenno left behind" in previous mission. Then in the capture mission, he left me behind so I called him out on it. (The first target was captured anyway.) I felt like he was looking down on me when he said he killed the guy that killed me and LOL.

That guy did just that. He stood there doing nothing at the locks while I was pressing x,x,x like I owed him something. I was just saying I had the patience to wait for him for a few minutes, but when I went to check on him and he went back to the door, he stood there doing nothing.

The point is, these people act like they're high and mighty. Like they know how the game works and they're that great.

Edited by Duyet

For #2: I don't necessarily go off MR, but if you're running around with unranked/low-level stuff in a T4, I'm going to assume you'll have to be carried. Don't know if that's what kind of situation you were in though.

Pretty much this. I give everybody chances... I'm not unreasonable. But if it means risking the mission screw it... adios, I got loot to obtain. Not gonna laugh at people though unless they're being stupid.