Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe's Vibe Is Dissipating With Almost Every Update (Read Before Insta-Hate)

(PSN)kiddplay13

For fact-based discussion, both Mesa and Excalibur have been designed and modeled by the same person, Mynki. U8 as a timeline has 0 relation to Warframe concepting and creation.

Can you confirm or deny that Warframe's initial "vibe" or "vision" has changed since it's first year?

Sure, because it's you who determines what should be the vibe. Right?

It's not that the game simply expanded a lot and you set your expectations based on the first few frames?

Back then:Tenno were on the brink of extinction (low playerbase due to it being a new game) the game was designed to be dark back then to create a hopelessness that we are fighting a losing war and the galaxy os doomed.

Now: The Tenno are a full faction and military power to be reckoned with. We have saved countless colonies and protected many from the actions of the grineer corpus and infested. To the peopele we are the light in the darkness. The ones that will save them from destruction.

Our relays are the spoils of this fight where we have entire space stations free from the influence of those factions where all are equal and safe from harm.

Overall: Since the beginning we have only become stronger and more able to save the system from its own destruction.

This is a lore transition not a specifically design transition

You can only make something so varied before it becomes too defined.

The "vibe" in Warframe is by far one of the most opinionated things to debate about in this game, period.

Some people measure it by lighting. Some by effects. Some by statistics. And you, by warframes.

That being said, things change. Whenever the game updates, someone will always find a cloud within the silver lining.

You can't tell DE that they cannot put clothing on a Warframe without ruining their vision.

You can't tell DE that the old ways were better.

You can't tell DE that your vision of the game is their vision.

The hypothetical damage is done.

What would you have them do? Remove all the new frames? Change them? Flip off everyone who does like the new design and does not share your opinion?

The point of this thread seems to just be that you don't like the direction warframe is going. And that's really all. You do not state what you want in your OP.

They said it best. 

I dont know, Mesa was a very cool design for me, so was valk, (although i dont like mesa's  regular helmet, blindfolded bulcr...)

The problem here is limbo, oberon, nekros, zephyr, (mirage and hydroid are somewhat cool)

The art direction has taken some bad choices;

Limbo and zephyr being borderline insulting.

Have you seen original Zephyr, that guy was cool, and waaaay more warframe-ish than current Zephyr, ugliest warframe until limbo arrived.

Limbo is a damned joke, they had so much potential with the "void sorcerer theme" to make him look like buggs bunny.

Nekros and oberon are deformed ugly twins horrible, but at least they look serious. 

If you want to blame someone for killing the mood 

Zephyr, Limbo, 

Also infested are stupid looking, not scary looking, that has always been a problem. 

Edit: Well zephyr can be serious also

Blame limbo

Edited by Hayzemet

Another whiner to his own opinion.You yourself determine the vvibe and to be frank: my opinion is that it still feels the same. Opinions are not fact. Same goes with my own. Same also goes with the event others agree with you.

DE wants to hear your opinions yes but this opinion is one you keep to yourself. To you it may be losing its vibe but to others it could be making it a greenhouse. (Ie: my bf who didnt like it previously)

Moral of the day: keep this to yourself. We have too many whiners on the forums already.

Soooooo, whoever expresses his opinion and that opinion is slightly different from yours, is a whiner?

Everyone can say what they want, they just have to be civil and constructive. If game is not meeting OPs demands, he can express it. If you like it, you can express it. Or we should just talk about how Warframe is great and completely ignore numerous flaws with game design?

Dear DE, please no more of the neon pink, purple and pastel shaders with gold lame fringing.

Its like watching Liberaces curtains come to life when you see some warframes play.

Can we please have some combat, camouflage, black armour or combat armour decal and colour sets.

Thanks.

Hard to take the game serious with all of the bright neon billboard advertising colors that ppl run around in

For fact-based discussion, both Mesa and Excalibur have been designed and modeled by the same person, Mynki. U8 as a timeline has 0 relation to Warframe concepting and creation.

Hmm, i thought Keith designed Excalibur. So, i am proven wrong.

My info! Gotta check my facts.

Edited by RoboDoge

What gets me about these threads is that the change in visuals can be fixed with a few tweaks.

The only thing I don't like about the new warframes is the lack of mechanical-looking parts on warframes and the default bright colors. If you look at the older game it was much, much more muted. Getting rid of all those bright colors (Mirage and Mesa's defaults) and bringing more dark colors (a deeper shade of pink and violet, and a yellowed white for Mirage, and darker blues and sandy-looking yellows for Mesa) would be a step in the right direction. If they change the defaults players can change it after, but DE is failing to keep a darker feel because of the ridiculously light colors they introduce as defaults to the game.

The UI health and shield bars need to look more substantial as well, it's too thin and looks fragile. Little things like that work to break the feel, and DE needs to decide on where they're going and act on it accordingly.

Another whiner to his own opinion.You yourself determine the vvibe and to be frank: my opinion is that it still feels the same. Opinions are not fact. Same goes with my own. Same also goes with the event others agree with you.

DE wants to hear your opinions yes but this opinion is one you keep to yourself. To you it may be losing its vibe but to others it could be making it a greenhouse. (Ie: my bf who didnt like it previously)

Moral of the day: keep this to yourself. We have too many whiners on the forums already.

I don't think it's up to the playerbase to decide what opinions should or shouldn't be kept to themselves when it comes to the general feel and theme of the game and where it is heading.

I for one agree with some of the points OP made in this thread and wouldn't mind some return to the original roots, and I've also seen interesting posts in this thread and it's more than just a "whinge thread" "stop making the game the way I don't want you to make the game, developers"

It has good ideas and good points, from several people, on both sides of the "argument".

Edited by Amuga

I dont know, Mesa was a very cool design for me, so was valk, (although i dont like mesa's  regular helmet, blindfolded bulcr...)

The problem here is limbo, oberon, nekros, zephyr, (mirage and hydroid are somewhat cool)

The art direction has taken some bad choices;

Limbo and zephyr being borderline insulting.

Have you seen original Zephyr, that guy was cool, and waaaay more warframe-ish than current Zephyr, ugliest warframe until limbo arrived.

Limbo is a damned joke, they had so much potential with the "void sorcerer theme" to make him look like buggs bunny.

Nekros and oberon are deformed ugly twins horrible, but at least they look serious. 

If you want to blame someone for killing the mood 

Zephyr, Limbo, 

Also infested are stupid looking, not scary looking, that has always been a problem. 

Forgot about Zephyr, she too is very insulting and her alternate helmets only add Fuel to the Fire. It's blatant she's supposed to be a "Bird" frame instead of leaving it to interpretation.

We've provided the options and they can be acted on in so many ways as you've described. I don't think I'd call it a 'problem', but I am very very interested in that word choice of yours, please expand if you have time. As a player I consider it a luxury! The choice is just so liberating and appeals to so many different types of people to create their own stories and play how they want.

This game offers so many options. It almost feels like the 'Canada' of video games: a complete mixing pot of values and choices with it's own broad identity, the diversity of the many make Warframe what it is.

It isn't the problem with the game. but its the source of the OP's discussion with the direction of warframe going from something 'less-ninja' than its original roots.

The truth is it isn't, we just have more options to do things un-ninja-like now.

The only solution to the problem outlined in OP, is to slowly include more NInja-Like Choices. But personally, im satisfied with where things are artistically.

I just hope for more NInja Sayandanas and Armor down the pipeline

Can you confirm or deny that Warframe's initial "vibe" or "vision" has changed since it's first year?

You can't "confirm" something like a vibe. That's purely subjective. 

Still cannot compare to the pre U14 and U15 hype. Thing was started 2 months before updates, and DE constantly added more oil to the fire with new showings of content.

The hype is brought about by the players, that is not the fault of DE. Previewing content is not "hyping," it's just showing what's to come while you wait for it. The hyping is done by the playerbase when they get excited about something they see & proceed with thread & comments such as "OHMYGERD Dragonframe Inbound! Let the hype begin!"

or

"Who's excited for [insert content here]"

or

"Let's start this hype train guys! CHOO CHOO!" 

etc.

Forgot about Zephyr, she too is very insulting and her alternate helmets only add Fuel to the Fire. It's blatant she's supposed to be a "Bird" frame instead of leaving it to interpretation.

The fact that people feel insulted over things like this...

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Insulted. INSULTED.

Edited by Cynaris

How do you confirm a vision of a game that's still growing?

Someone's vibe of the game is completely subjective of the game. As for their vision i'd say you're seeing their vision right now. The issue is that YOU don't like it.

It isn't the problem with the game. but its the source of the OP's discussion with the direction of warframe going from something 'less-ninja' than its original roots.

The truth is it isn't, we just have more options to do things un-ninja-like now.

The only solution to the problem outlined in OP, is to slowly include more NInja-Like Choices. But personally, im satisfied with where things are artistically.

I just hope for more NInja Sayandanas and Armor down the pipeline

The feel of the game is switched from the semi dark and claustrophobic to the bright and "destroy everything in the most flashy way".

Cannot describe this any differently. Since addition of coloring powers energy ( this was great in its own way ), this game became epilepsy inducing experience.

But you can. Take for instance Bioshock 1 and 2 (Which DE helped develop ironically). Rapture was a claustrophobic, creepy underwater city. Compare that to Bioshock Infinite which was literally the polar opposite with wide open hallways, passages and Sky Lines. So in my opinion, the Vibe can be confirmed to change. The "Vibe" is why many games sequels and Prequels seem to fail more than the original (Look at Alien and Aliens and compare to Alien 3 and 4)

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

How do you confirm a vision of a game that's still growing?

Someone's vibe of the game is completely subjective of the game. As for their vision i'd say you're seeing their vision right now. The issue is that YOU don't like it.

If i completely hated it, i would've quit with the installation of Mesa. Never did i say i hate it, i just don't agree with the direction.

The hype is brought about by the players, that is not the fault of DE. Previewing content is not "hyping," it's just showing what's to come while you wait for it. The hyping is done by the playerbase when they get excited about something they see & proceed with thread & comments such as "OHMYGERD Dragonframe Inbound! Let the hype begin!"

or

"Who's excited for [insert content here]"

or

"Let's start this hype train guys! CHOO CHOO!" 

etc.

Allowing forum hype threads and letting the grow out of proportions is DE fault. Reason why most of the "U16 hype" threads are locked quite fast.

Edited by RoboDoge

But you can. Take for instance Bioshock 1 and 2 (Which DE helped develop). Rapture was a claustrophobic, creepy underwater city. Compare that to Bioshock Infinite which was literally the polar opposite with wide open hallways, passages and Sky Lines. So in my opinion, the Vibe can be confirmed to change. The "Vibe" is why many games sequels and Prequels seem to fail more than the original (Look at Alien and Aliens and compare to Alien 3 and 4)

Again, what you want right here is the exact problem with the industry. We keep getting IP's milked to their deaths, people cry and whine over the lack of fresh blood in their franchises, but once IT DOES happen, people have something else to complain about.

How can anyone improve on their property with impossible expectations like these?

At launch, Warframe had rather poor reviews, I tried it myself and I didn't enjoy it.

I heard that it had received some changes last year and logged in to give it another shot. I've logged 700 in-mission hours since then.

It seems to me that the Warframe of today is vastly improved, compared to what it was at launch.

We've provided the options and they can be acted on in so many ways as you've described. I don't think I'd call it a 'problem', but I am very very interested in that word choice of yours, please expand if you have time. As a player I consider it a luxury! The choice is just so liberating and appeals to so many different types of people to create their own stories and play how they want.

From minutes ago:

MD23C92.jpg

Of course I could have painted her hot-pink as well and taken my screenshot elsewhere, but I chose the above setting instead because to me this invokes Sci-Fi / Tradition in a very uniquely 'Warframe' way that makes me so happy to play!

This game offers so many options. It almost feels like the 'Canada' of video games: a complete mixing pot of values and choices with it's own broad identity, the diversity of the many make Warframe what it is.

Please keep the discussion civil - I am really interested in where these types of topic end up going, but I can only see that if we respect each other.

we will all get more choice soon,even enough to satisfy my tastes

Again, what you want right here is the exact problem with the industry. We keep getting IP's milked to their deaths, people cry and whine over the lack of fresh blood in their franchises, but once IT DOES happen, people have something else to complain about.

How can anyone improve on their property with impossible expectations like these?

Only solution is some games don't need direct sequels, not to ignore the fans but to preserve the legacy the original was.

Allowing forum hype threads and letting the grow out of proportions is DE fault. Reason why most of the "U16 hype" threads are locked quite fast.

You can't stop people from being excited about it. People will hype in thier own ways to people.

I'm betting after Tenno live, the Hypethreads will return and go into full thrusters, sponsored by DE.

The feel of the game is switched from the semi dark and claustrophobic to the bright and "destroy everything in the most flashy way".

Cannot describe this any differently. Since addition of coloring powers energy ( this was great in its own way ), this game became epilepsy inducing experience.

I can kind of understand where you are coming from.

For me, its the Music. If im trying to stealth, the music encourages me to keep doing so.

But if I make a mistake, and get detected, the music ramps up and pushes me to start my trail of destruction.

The "muffled" sound that Loki's invisibility gives really helps me with the former, but not the latter.

As for coloring, I would NEVER consider stealthing on Europa... because of the bright environment everywhere. Ditto for corpus and grineer outposts

The only two tilesets i ninja on, are Grineer Galleons, and Corpus Ships. As only they have dark corridors and moody lighting.

Ill never stealth on Infested tilesets, the music is too damn creepy.

Only solution is some games don't need direct sequels, not to ignore the fans but to preserve the legacy the original was.

And that's exactly what Bioshock Infinite was. Not a sequel, different storyline, different setting, but the legacy of the original: Plasmids and ADAM/Eve / Salts Vigors remained. It also tied into the originals in some way, so it was still Bioshock, just not Bio 3.