Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why So Much Newbie Hate?

(PSN)Mazda_07_

Most people hate on noobs because once they finish tutorial they instantly google "best gear in warframe" and get boltor's and rhino's right off the bat and then consider themselves "pros" because they can stay alive and kill stuff quickly.

EDIT: I personally have no problem with people getting good gear right away, it means they're buying plat and supporting the game

Edited by cocoapebbles10

I'm not sure where your going at, I for one like lowbies(noobs)

I guess the newer players been toxic but I don't know.

people were alot close during the earlier days *U7* 

Most players that played this game during that time were uhh I guess mature compared to the influx of new people joining this game now.

mr 12+ do not care about mr

but i can see mr 6 players ask for ''only 6+ pros pls''

Because leveling of 10 frames that you do not need ,want, or will use after leveling=skill 

:^)

I personally don't expect skill from high mr. What I expect from them is knowledge of the game mechanics and how stuff work.

People with high mr are the ones who usually know what they do. I could care less how 'skillful' a tenno is.

Tennos with high mr can be expected to be able to adjust their loadout, seeing that they have accessed most of the content already.

This is not to say that people with low mr know nothing but rather I argue that high mr tennos are generally more knowledgeable and is, imo, more preferable as a team mate due to flexibility.

I don't care if you're new. I won't rush newbies through places like T4 or other high-level stuff, though, only exception being alerts with a nice reward (potato etc.).

What I don't like it when newbies proove to be immune to learning anything, which often, but not always, materializes in your average Rhino/Boltor Prime combo on MR<4.

I personally don't expect skill from high mr. What I expect from them is knowledge of the game mechanics and how stuff work.

People with high mr are the ones who usually know what they do. I could care less how 'skillful' a tenno is.

Tennos with high mr can be expected to be able to adjust their loadout, seeing that they have accessed most of the content already.

This is not to say that people with low mr know nothing but rather I argue that high mr tennos are generally more knowledgeable and is, imo, more preferable as a team mate due to flexibility.

flexibility is exactly what high mr players do not have

because if you are mr.know-all there is not any chance to teach you new tricks [for example refuse to camp 1 spot because ''running around and get killed'' is so much more effective]

today i had high mr who rage quited because other high mr did not agree on camp-spot

[one wanted sewer and other balcony]

I do not say that MK braton mr 1 players are best

I just say that I do not expect from high mr any better results [where high is 10+ and low 4] 6 is enought to get synoid

and 8 is perfect

flexibility is exactly what high mr players do not havebecause if you are mr.know-all there is not any chance to teach you new tricks [for example refuse to camp 1 spot because ''running around and get killed'' is so much more effective]today i had high mr who rage quited because other high mr did not agree on camp-spot[one wanted sewer and other balcony]I do not say that MK braton mr 1 players are bestI just say that I do not expect from high mr any better results [where high is 10+ and low 4] 6 is enought to get synoidand 8 is perfect

What u are saying is cooperation and not flexibility.

By flexibility, I mean the equipment they have available and able to use. Flexible tennos can use any kind of loadout.

Uncooperative play is existent in any pub game regardless of mr. It is a player attitude and is not related to skill or knowledge.

I agree and will like to add, my only gripe with low MR is the  I'M MR 8, IM NOT NOOB, I CAN KILL EVERYTHING, I DONT NEED TO KEEP GROUP MECHANIC AND GAME PLAY IN MIND, attitude. oh and  IM NOT NOOB I CAN HALLWAY HERO... WATCH ME...RUN ACROSS MAP TO REVIVE ME IN 15 SEC NOW. CAMP? NO! A CAN SOLO T4 SURV FOR LIKE 50MIN BRAH. OPPS EVERYBODY DIES SOME TIME . REVIVE ME. 

How about you don't ignore squad chat. keep your teammates in mind and stop trying to prove that your Kazuto "Kirito" Kirigaya from SaO. 

I can solo too but guess what. I'm NOT soloing so i play as a team to make the TEAM stronger.

Edited by QuarkBlade

I like newbies. I dislike noobs. There's a difference.

If you tell people not to use the life support at 90% and they listen, and genuinely didn't know about it, they're newbs and they've learned something. Then I'm willing to show them some tricks, help them out, and even give them useful mods.

If you tell them not to use the life support at 90% and they do it a second and third time, screw that. They go down, I'm not picking them back up.

There's a difference between newbie and a noob.

Had the pleasure to run with some MR 6 mesa yesterday in t2md. He was hallway heroing with his peacemaker half a map away from us. 

Told him that people don't like hallway heros and he will die in high tier void doing that. He went how he knows better and its not T4 but T2.

I was surprised he didn't run rhino, but probably rhino was his main ^^.

I have to agree with the OP on the "newbie" hate in Warframe, it's definitely there. For the first couple of months I played Warframe I ran Saryn exclusively (because I really like her) so even after a couple of months I never progressed beyond MR4 ... until I got to the point that I got tired of being kicked from Void parties in Recruitment because mastery rank "is to low, go play somewhere else" (at this point I could relatively easy solo 40+ minutes T4S).

I basically ranked up because people DO look down on low ranked players (especially Void runners).

That being said I also met some of the coolest players out there BECAUSE I was low ranked. There is a pretty laid back group that are willing to help low ranked players with advice, mods and parts without demanding plats for it. And to be honest I think that group is actually bigger, but the group with the negative attitude just tends to yell a lot louder.

I'm my experience, it's because the "newb" learns a method and sticks with it and tells me that option A is the best method and I must play with that, and is unwilling to learn option B which might even be better than option A.

Ex "Loki is the only way to finish escalation, bring a Loki or get booted" "rhinoheads"

I've done it with the main two players as ash and banshee and not a Loki in sight. This is players who were willing to try another method.

A lot are narrow minded, but not all of them are.

i've seen MR2 people outshine MR10 people, playing the game for a long time doesn't automatically make you good

one of the things that bugged me when i was new was going into public missions just to find a bunch of higher MR people speed running everything. i didn't know the map and had no clue how to move around with melee...if your gonna speed run just go into solo queue

everyone in WarFrame that I've chatted with online sounds like a grown a** man.

Come on it's stupid to play always with the same weapon/warframe after all. You have so many weapons and characters (that's how non-warframers would call them) to choose from. And all of them perform different in every mission and situation.

So it's wise to have ALL the warframes and a major part of weapons, secondary or primary. Even melees, the last two Tac alerts required a specific type of weapon, keep in mind.

Edited by CookingFood

What u are saying is cooperation and not flexibility.

By flexibility, I mean the equipment they have available and able to use. Flexible tennos can use any kind of loadout.

Uncooperative play is existent in any pub game regardless of mr. It is a player attitude and is not related to skill or knowledge.

i mean flexibility : able to adapt /adaptability

i can not see how am i wrong here but nevermind

yeah any mr can refuse to adapt but from my experience higher levels are more stubborn because ''i have dem skills''