Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gender Locking

Koujjo

If the DE wants to  make money in the cash shop, they can always sell frames of the opposite sex. 1000 platinum for regular frames, 2000 for prime frames.

InB4 Anniversary Proto-Nyx looks like Nemesis.

Edited by Gelkor

I don't really care for the frame genders, as i don't associate them neither with myself nor with the tenno i'm playing as. For me they are nothing but an armour.

Also, i do believe that DE already tried to make the different genders for frames, (hence why Nyx looks like a female Excalibur) and it didn't work out.

Appearently, it took too much effort to make an entirely cosmetic option that had zero impact on the gameplay itself.

Edited by Sir_Mousthachington

If your aversion to anything but what you consider as yourself is so strong as you cant enjoy some parts of the game. That's really just on you. Its just not feasible for Developers to design around every single possibility within their own vision of their own universe.

Like always playing human in a fantasy game. Its safe and known.

Some peoples aesthetics are just that. You may not like skins that are not humanly natural. Like greens or blues.

090910-bluemandoc-hmed-530a.grid-6x2.jpg

Edited by Firetempest

Or it would be better to have an option that you can create your character,when modifying your appearance and power so i will change his story so that you make a its unique warframes.What do you think about it?

Well I've never understood WF's lore anyway. Is a warframe just a suit? Then how can it be male or female? Is it a character with a backstory? Then how can there be multiple copies of the same one in an instance? How can we acquire "parts" of the character from mission rewards? It really all makes no sense.

Well it's roleplaying I guess. You look at your character like and observer watching someone else. I look at it like its me in the suit.

you mean it's bad roleplaying right? cause you are and should be able to roleplay anything if you want , that's just bad complaining

If the DE wants to  make money in the cash shop, they can always sell frames of the opposite sex. 1000 platinum for regular frames, 2000 for prime frames.

and then no one would buy then for that price

its either feel comfortable with the other gender by dishing out 1000 plat (per frame might add you)

OR

you just keep the gender you have

yeah those most likely wouldnt sell well on price alone

Dear OP:

I play no female warframe, or videogame character, differently than a male one.

I'm even used to playing characters who have a different sexual orientation than myself. Beat that!

Edited by Dhrekr

Well I've never understood WF's lore anyway. Is a warframe just a suit? Then how can it be male or female? Is it a character with a backstory? Then how can there be multiple copies of the same one in an instance? How can we acquire "parts" of the character from mission rewards? It really all makes no sense.

Well there you've stumbled on the the crux of the mono vs poly-tenno debate. Personally, as mentioned previously, I subscribe to the mono-tenno theory that we are energy-ish beings that require Warframes to focus energies and hold a shape. The warframes we build are based on originals from the Orokin Era, which gained their shape and powers from their progenitors, and we can focus and gain those powers when utilizing those Warframe copies. Excalibur isn't a person, it's a suit design. 

Edited by Gelkor

Well im pretty sure someone who has more info about this will correct me, but warframes what we use now are personalized by their orginal wearer and if it happened to be female.... so is their frame.

Same here.

Gender lock is a real deal breaker for me.

The closest that we'll get to "gender choice", is frames with same themes but opposite genders. Meaning if we get a "male Ember", he'll have a different set of fire skills.

So how long have you been playing videogames?

Serious question here.  Selectable genders is a very recent development outside of MMOs.

I've probably been playing as long or longer than you and this is the first MMO I've ever played with genderlocking. My first MMO was Asheron's Call. Then I went to DAoC and then on to WoW. None of them have genderlocking. This is probably the only non-asian MMO I know of that has genderlocking.

and then no one would buy then for that price

its either feel comfortable with the other gender by dishing out 1000 plat (per frame might add you)

OR

you just keep the gender you have

yeah those most likely wouldnt sell well on price alone

All that is new in the game,people are buying.Especially such a major change such as changing gender...

Whoever who does not have a girlfriend playing with the female character that it could look at her in the !,as in the game tomb raider(lara croft)if the game gives you the freedom then you need to insert for frames to change gender... :(

Edited by Vlada91

I'm just going to add my 2 cents before this thing gets turned into a flamebait thread, and locked.

While I would love to see a male and female version of each frame I don't see it happening any time soon since with this DE would essentially have to make a second alternate sex version of every single frame (except for Nyx/Excal and I think most of us know the reason for that already)

But lets look at it this way, There are alot of games already that have a male and female slider/DDM etc in the character appearance options, imo switching between a male and female frame is the equivalent of switching that option.

Want your character to be a male Tenno, they just play male frames, but if in your mind your Space Ninja Mercenary is a female then you only play Female frames. at the end of the day its all down to the players choice in how they view and want to play the game.

Edited by Nova73

Wow.. this topic is going bad, quickly...

I personally don't have any issues playing as either a male or female warframe.. although I do play Mag the most due to her powers. I may not have a problem myself, but I can see how it could make someone uncomfortable to project themselves onto a female character while being male (or the opposite way around)
Something that bothers me is that so many of these replies have people telling OP to change how he plays. My question is 'why?' why does he have to change? Every gamer games differently, let's face it. Just because you can easily play all kinds of people, does not mean that everyone else will be of that opinion.
Another thing is the whole pishaz about gender in general.. have people forgotten that breasts or no breasts doesn't define whether a person identifies as male or female or neither? Can't we just accept that people are different?
I can't see the logic in telling someone to stop projecting themselves onto the characters they play. That's like putting a straight, non-drag, non-trans male in a dress and going "oh, what? you don't like this? you don't feel like you? just ignore it! it's just a dress" this whole thing isn't about someone being sexist, it's about an individual not feeling comfortable playing as something he's not. Similair to how I am incapable of supporting the 'evil' side on rpgs while others are a-okay with it.

Please stop with the judging?

Warframe is the suit that incases the tenno (which has a sex because they were people)

which just happens to be that gender. For all we know, in the actual warframe universe, male embers and female lokis COULD exist

but from what I can tell, there are very few tenno in the world with respect to the number of grineer/corpus/infested that exist.

When you fight a boss, you obtain parts of a warframe

However, it is still not clear the true relationship between warframes and tenno. Tenno obviously need warframes to survive and control their powers. But I dunno if they just got a stack of tenno bodies somewhere in the liset and they just wrap the warframe around the sleeping tenno????

All that is new in the game,people are buying.Especially such a major change such as changing gender...

I mean long time

I dont think it could produce the same amount of revenue as other popular items

and I mean for the total player base.

The gender swaps will sell but over a long period of time, depending on the price and demand, it wont bring in that much money

50 dollars= 1000 platinum

if you want to change all the girls

that is:

11 warframes * 1000 platinum= 11000 platinum or 220 dollars

which for 220 dollars you get about 4300 platinum

which will only swap 4 warframes

which ofcourse is unrealistic, you might change out 1-3 warframes, still about 3000+ platinum based on prime or not which is about 150 dollars. To change the gender. of a character. for no other reason besides cosmetic.

So regardless

you are gonna be shelling out ALOT of money to change the gender of a frame

which you could use on cosmetics.

Edited by Anatolius