Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amprex Crits At 14K Damage?!?!?!

FatmanKilimanjaro

Question

A friend of mine got on Skype, saying he'll show me the best crit weapon in the game. Many think that's the Soma, but apparently you can get 14k damage crits with the Amprex after every second of continued fire. Let me elaborate.

And here is an in-depth "guide".

1. He has buffed up the crit chance to 100% and raised the crit damage multiplier to only 3x the normal value.

2. He plays as a Volt and regularly places down the electric shield.

3. He continuously shoots his targets through this shield and gets 14k crit every second. 

Apparently the combined electrical damage crits to an absurd value. I don't know if this is supposed to be so or is it a glitch.

Use this method carefully. I've been reported by 3 kids thinking I was hacking.

P.S.: You can kill Vay Hek Terra Frame in less than 3 seconds of continuous fire *heavy breathing*.

Post your results below, I'll be glad to read them!

25 answers to this question

Volts shield buffs damage and turns limited range weapons into infinite range weapons. If you have a crit rating of more than 100%, you end up with "red crits" which will do even more damage. 

You would also get a damage buff with the Soma, but continuous fire weapons do seem to benefit more.

It's not a new thing, but it is a fun thing.

Amprex is not a continuous fire weapon. It just shoots really fast.

It is a continuous fire weapon, it functions on the same mechanics as the synapse, flux, gammacor and Ignis. All work with firerate mods but the way they are effected is a little different looking.

Also OP you can get way better crits than 14k with the Amprex.

Aye, nothing new actually, throw on sinister reach next! watch a room full of enemies dance the electric boogaloo, explode, spread status effects, laugh maniacally (minimum 3 seconds in honor of evil everywhere) reload, dry rinse repeat.

By far, one of THE most enjoyable weapons I've ever had the joy to use in a videogame, second only to the Tesla gun from the original Metro 2033 & LU BU From dynasty warriors, and f**k you, LU BU IS a weapon, case closed.

Perfect for spreading status too! and that can make a big change, its almost like it's own power with how useful it is, but for real scary, Phage, a well built Phage, will kill everything! and you get to be a cyborg ghost buster.

That's cute

5j97sHB.png

For honesty's sake this was back when Mirage first came out and her hall of mirrors was bugged, you can't do this any more, and you shouldn't have been able to do it in the first place

Edited by Sixty5

That +12 range mod makes me all giggly.  On defense missions you just stand and point at the defense target and hit things halfway across the map.  Am I also to understand that if you managed to pop in a punch-through type mod, you could also get primary punch through on multiple foes, that also arc into additional zappies?