Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Just Wanted To Now,has Anyone Actually Enjoyed My Designs?

GunDownGrace

i feel ive been around the forums alot,trying to output ideas and make people want more 

fanfics,occasional concept,crazy theorys,even trying to help people with designs on occasion

but after watching the devstream for abit,i just dont feel the same

i just wanted to know if people actually liked anything i came up with,or it was an annoying eyesore ?

I think your stuff is pretty good. I've never called fan concepting bad, but you're better than a lot of us :P

Also, if you could post some art so that we don't have to go through your profile to see your art, I think people could reply better

Edit: and ninja'd

Edited by Zoracraft

I may not agree with a lot of what you post, but it is very interesting stuff and I enjoy coming across it.

well it was intended entirely to make people think

generaly drawn from how often when i have interesting things to think about,even if there not possible,it makes me happy

so if i gave one person happiness in my life,i suppose that makes it worthwhile

Out of curiosity, why did the devstream made you question your creations?

O.O cause i was under the delusion that the devs actually liked some of the ideas i did up (my creations pertaining to it all)

like tomb of the sentients for example vs "orokin tomb ship" which was the name of a fanfic of mine,i was so immensly happy and emotional after writing that thing,seeing as that was the first time id been able to write a story,ever,despite trying for about a decade

i ended up pming drew,asking for my fanfic to be officially considered for lore..he said he would look at it

so as time went on i noticed more things

especially recently

like for example,the massive sentient inback of the other during the devstream?

it was very very similar to two things ive created

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/392419-sentient-faction-symbol/?hl=%2Bsentient+%2Bfaction+%2Bsymbol

the sentient faction symbol,though the big sentient is abit less complicated,its still basically the same general shape

and...this line from my orokin tomb ship fanfic

So with this in mind,the scout sentinel issued a signal for a "retrieval vessel" with biologics support equipment.Every swarm usually carried atleast one or two of the massive,capital ship sized sentients on the off chance there was anything worth retrieving.

The scout then pulled back,using a blue-colored energy beam to project a force field over the containers,the floor now stained by the black fluid,and the occupant.The Assault sentinels assumed a "cutter" formation,and then began using there lasers to peirce the hull,tracing the outline of the forcefield as they cut.

As the assault sentinels finished cutting,the air began to be pulled out of the room by space as the now-freed section began to drift.they had to move quickly,as the scout sentinel`s force field projection wouldnt last forever.

An arrival call was issued that sounded more like a distorted frog,the retrieval vessel had arrived.It opened one of the Retrieval sacs on it`s side.It was mildly excited,rarely did it ever get a request to retrieve anything more than the orokin zero point cannon remnants.It didnt take long for the team of assault sentinels,and the one scout sentinel,to usher to cut away section into the retrieval sac.Then the retrieval sac closed as soon as it had the cut away section inside.

add to that the fact that most of us already know how we first "meet" chroma soon

it made me "question my creations" as you say...because these two things i mentioned...i had pmed the source fanfic to drew for lore consideration

and it seemed like i had gotten my wish (considering my orokin tomb ship fanfic is going on in age)

but the more i watched,the more i realized it was likely that it wouldnt even be noted,and that this fanfic,which i had poured my heart and soul into,would continue plummeting into the nether

then i got a little sad,and began wondering whether anyone actually liked the effort ive put into my creations

EDIT: i'd be happy to be proven wrong in this case

Edited by GunDownGrace

I tend to lurk around without posting but i have read and enjoyed a few of your posts.

If your work has been in anyway incorporated into the game then you have contributed

to this great game. I don't understand why you would feel negatively about it ?

Don't get down on yourself because your designs don't seem to be receiving attention. Tons of people submit tons of concepts every day. Some good, some bad. They can't all make it into the game. DE is really good about communicating with us, but even they can't respond to every concept. 

Infact, there's been a recent cry out for puncture melee weapons.. so I submitted an concept for a spear and the stance to go with it:

[shameless plug]

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/391352-new-weapon-class-spear-featuring-the-zatu/?hl=zatu

[/shameless plug]

..and that didn't gain any traction. So don't worry about it! :)

Dear and beloved Tenno, to what end do you create your art? 

As an artist, take pride in your work, not for the attention it gets, but simply because it is yours; It's a talent, and you have it, and you use it, not for the praise of others, but because it is who you are. You create it, because that is what you want to do, and you feel joy and fulfillment in its completion. Even if it's not completed, the journey is always worth it. 

Why does a bird fly? Simply because it does. Why does the grass grow? Simply because it is what it is. Does the tree have to explain why it's so beautifully adorned with brightly coloured fruits? Does it worry if another tree has grown fruit just like it?

If you do this out of love, then keep that joy in your heart. It is nice to have recognition, but don't let that desire replace the pure joy of being good at what you're talented at. You may not be the best now, and surely, you can see lots of room for improvement. But the end is just one small part of the journey, and if you truly want to keep taking this path, then take heart, and take joy in your work. 

Truly, don't worry. Just do what you like, and continue at it. It doesn't matter how many love it, how many hate it; How many see it, how many overlooked it; How many adopt it, how many don't. These aren't important. Just do what you like, dear Tenno, and grow. 

The mustard seed is a small seed indeed, but the tree from that seed is great. Live, learn, and grow. Don't sweat the small stuff. 

I'm on the similar boat when it comes to my concepts of Raid Missions I've been writing. I just feel that I get overshadowed by other concepts out there especially when it comes to new "Fan Warframes."

Just keep pushing. Somewhere on the line, there is at least someone who will notice.

When you've got a playerbase of thousands of players, it's incredibly hard not to create something that someone has already suggested, especially when your game's community is as concept-happy as Warframe's. Sorry mate, but even if there were a few similarities between your stuff and the game's, it doesn't mean DE has been taking ideas from you, and as we've seen from community-designed content that actually makes it to the game, they'll gladly mention the original creator's name. I mean, just look at Mios. Look at the Tennogen bundle.

Ok the next paragraph may (or may not) sound harsh but i mean no offense and i simply can't find a way to type it without sugar coating. Think of it like heavy pep talk or something :D

Consciously expecting people to like your work and/or take them as inspiration (or in this case, looking for affirmation/acknowledgement from others) is the quickest way for an artist to get demotivated. The desire to have your work be in the spotlight is dangerous as it will make you become more strict on yourself as to what kind of art to create/showcase, which slowly becomes a huge artist block that's very hard to overcome. You shouldn't draw parallels between DE's work and yours just because of certain similarities, as this will cause extremely high expectations that may crush your motivation if it turns out that you thought wrong.

DE is among the most interactive game developers i've seen in online games. The fact that they're actually taking community designs as a basis for their work is astounding. However, they can't and won't be able to work on them all, simply because it's still their game, and they have to keep the game's identity solid. This doesn't mean that they don't appreciate whatever art the community comes up with though.

Like Calayne said, just focus on making art because you like it, not because of the praise and attention you can get from it. You shouldn't worry about whether or not people like the stuff you put a lot of effort on, as the only thing that matters is if YOU like the stuff you put a lot of effort on. Trust me, good things will come naturally if you do what you do simply because you like doing it. :)

Edited by Xarugas

Dear and beloved Tenno, to what end do you create your art? 

As an artist, take pride in your work, not for the attention it gets, but simply because it is yours; It's a talent, and you have it, and you use it, not for the praise of others, but because it is who you are. You create it, because that is what you want to do, and you feel joy and fulfillment in its completion. Even if it's not completed, the journey is always worth it. 

Why does a bird fly? Simply because it does. Why does the grass grow? Simply because it is what it is. Does the tree have to explain why it's so beautifully adorned with brightly coloured fruits? Does it worry if another tree has grown fruit just like it?

If you do this out of love, then keep that joy in your heart. It is nice to have recognition, but don't let that desire replace the pure joy of being good at what you're talented at. You may not be the best now, and surely, you can see lots of room for improvement. But the end is just one small part of the journey, and if you truly want to keep taking this path, then take heart, and take joy in your work. 

Truly, don't worry. Just do what you like, and continue at it. It doesn't matter how many love it, how many hate it; How many see it, how many overlooked it; How many adopt it, how many don't. These aren't important. Just do what you like, dear Tenno, and grow. 

The mustard seed is a small seed indeed, but the tree from that seed is great. Live, learn, and grow. Don't sweat the small stuff. 

If I may upon my authority say that I absolutely agree with these statements, and it is something I have always preached to other aspiring artists.