Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bootyhunter Hydroid, Or Graverobbing Nekros? Who Would You Want?

achromos

Just so people aren't confused.  Hydroid using the Augment to make his ult work like desecrate basically, or Desecrating nekros.

Also, Im not being perverted.  Booty i am using the word "Booty" in the same way a pirate would, for irony sake.

Who would you want for your general farming purposes?

Edited by Sibarian

'loot multiplication' is harmful to the game and by it's existence forces Players to use it.

the game would be healthier without it. without it 'Drop Rates' can be much fairer for everyone.

funny, that people think l00t multiplication is a good thing. when they don't realize that if Nekros can multiply L00t by 3x, then 'drop rates' for good stuff will just be 3x lower than it would otherwise be.

gg.

anyways, Desecrate is a lot more effective at super farming.

who is a 'better' Warframe other than that.... hard call. both are pretty situational really.

though it's unlikely you can find room for two Augments on Hydroid (to have l00t farming and have Team Healing), therefore Nekros may win because of the Health Orbs to help keep Players alive since you're contributing less to the team than you would normally be with another Warframe.

False.

Nekros you still have to farm nav coordinates to get too.

Vay Hek was made available straight-away on earth, if you have the mastery rank.

Gotta buy that syndicate mod then. Newer players would probably have a Nek by the time they're rank 5 in any syndicate.

Plus, just head to recruiting? or ask for a trip to the boss? some odd people run ODA for the fun.

Pilfering Swarm can make enemies drop 4 times the loot. I think you can only cast Desecrate 2-3 times plus there is a chance it does not work. The only downside of Pilfering Swarm is that it needs to kill enemies meaning on high level enemies it won't work as good.

Lower levels = Pilfering Swarm

High levels = Desecrate

Plus, just head to recruiting? or ask for a trip to the boss? some odd people run ODA for the fun.

I tried taxing to Van Hek low mastery players. It does not seems to work. The game vote is immediately canceled.

People host Leviathantis for Orokin Cells and Neurodes sometimes.

Edited by igo95862

I gave my hydroid small radius for more effective damage with both swarm and #1 lots of strength and duration. My god the loot was unreal at a choke point camp which is what you'll probably be doing at high levels any way. No need to worry about it if they can't pass by. And the rain to help it along in late game to knockdown any maybe stragglers. My team had only three, me as hydroid with a limbo and ash. At 60 minutes it still felt like we were cheating somehow. With nekros you still have to kill them to get loot but your tied up in desecrating. Hydroid does both, locks down an area and free you up to either rain on another area or puddle somewhere else locking down another area. I just wish I had my 20k blast+ corrosive torrid with me. Game over son. I mean there was a gatdamn mountain of loot literally. LS will get to 50% and a stroll foward thru tentacles and back would have LS at 100% with tons left over.

Edited by QuarkBlade

booty multiplication is not inherently bad for a game that involves farming. eastern game developers know this better than just about anyone (as shown in classic grinding MMO's like Ragnarok online and the soon-to-be-released Tree of Savior)

No, you are not 'forced' to use it. It's a luxury that rewards you for spending your time and effort to get a certain frame. It's very possible to play the game without hydroid or nekros. Most people do.

Desecrate never really made much sence to me from a Necromacer theme , so the tentacle swarm aug is slightly ahead for the pirate theme.

Either way however so long as neither impacts the chance of loot and they are just bonuses then either or both are good.

Desecrate never really made much sence to me from a Necromacer theme , so the tentacle swarm aug is slightly ahead for the pirate theme.

Either way however so long as neither impacts the chance of loot and they are just bonuses then either or both are good.

It makes sense from a reaper theme though. Pay a price to live again, if only for a little while longer

'loot multiplication' is harmful to the game and by it's existence forces Players to use it.

^.

That said,

In a void, Pilfering Tentacles are strictly better than Desecrate.

Desecrate has a 0.6*0.9 = 54% chance for 1 extra drop.

Tentacle Swarm has 1+Power Strength extra drops.

But Tentacle Swarm needs to deliver the last hit (which pretty much limits it to sub-20~25 content to begin with), and its damage is reliant on the tentacles hitting, whereas Desecrate can 'feed' off any kills.

tl;dr PT's much more restrictive to use but more potent, Desecrate's hugely less demanding to use, but less lucrative.

------

http://puu.sh/gujHf/775ef0be49.jpg

In regards to the troll who thinks you can't have hydroid with pilfering and curative at the same time

Sure, but you're passing up TF + BR for another up to ~150% drop chance, and your tentacles will do that much less damage (meaning less likely to last-hit).

Edited by Chroia