Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Just Me Or Does Grineer Get All The Annoying Units?

Ingway

Letting nuffilers aside, corpus seems to be real easy to take care off, while gineer has a giant variety of units, seekers have the same damage of a freaking sniper for example but can hit you super easy up close, 600 shields destroyed in 1 shot that is most of the time undodgeble due to enemy aim still being god like, bombards with their homing missiles is pretty infamous alredy and sudden spam of 3 rockets in second at will, napalms and their ridiculous blast range which will hit you even if you were like 10m away from the blast, with gigantic dot damage, and all units working on lead based weaponry, which makes usual corpus weaponry easier to dodge, and hit scan detection for grineer weapons working in their favor most of the time since the bullets travel real fast. Biggest offender in my opnion tough are the ones on archwing missions, they have a 2 units that spam missiles non stop and they deal gigantic damage to the archwing, one of then has a shield so they take even longer to kill, and they are honestly the only units in archwing which can kill you, because they have no cooldown or limit to their rocket spam, and worse of all, they freaking home into you.

I know it sounds like whining, but i kinda want to know why grineer seems to have all the annoying units, if you think about lore wise, they are a war faction, so it kinda makes sense, but this is a game, and balance kinda needs to be a thing, so having corpus have 1 really annoying unit, kinda dosn't compensate that fact in my opnion. What are your toughts on this? I'm not sure if i'm the only one who feels this way.

Edited by Ingway

Worst part about Bombards is the fact that they knock you down, and as you are getting back up you just get hit by another rocket that continues to knock you down...

Indeed, and we even have very usefull mods to work against this such as handspring. But no one simply willing to leave out a mod for a mod like handspring cause it'll nerf our strength to the ground.

Lets not forget the annoying rollers, Commando, Hellions on some maps, Instakill Ballista, Slash Doom Grunts and Lancers and of course those @(*()$ dudes that disarm you while you are fighting off that bombard.

Nullifiers are paltry compared to Mutalist Moa goo doom of the infested and bombard/balista/gunner killer grineer combos.

But dont underestimate the power of annoyance when 5 or 6 nullifiers spawn or better yet, 5 of them with 3 bombards in void missions.

Edited by HandsomeSorcerer

Infested have the annoying ones. Most of them do almost nothing, but someone thought it'd be cool to give two units all the fun. So you have heavy melee, damage resists/cc resist buffs (that apparently stack, I'm not sure) and a long range, fast travelling grapple hook on one unit, and a large aoe, fast travelling gooshot that slows movement speed along with cast speed, reload speed, melee speed and fire rate (for some reason) on another.

Don't forget the swarm moas that do nothing to players except annoy them.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

The Grineer also get the bulk of the spawning bugs

But yea, Grineer are just too cheap. Bombards are bad when they have 4 of them next to each other, Helions are stupidly cheap with jetpacks and missle volleys, Seekers are just bugged to s*** but ignored (pisses me off so much), they all have hit scan weapons and, finally, slash procs.

Worst of the worst in that faction.

Edited by R34LM

Infested have the annoying ones. Most of them do almost nothing, but someone thought it'd be cool to give two units all the fun. So you have heavy melee, damage resists/cc resist buffs (that apparently stack, I'm not sure) and a long range, fast travelling grapple hook on one unit, and a large aoe, fast travelling gooshot that slows movement speed along with cast speed, reload speed, melee speed and fire rate (for some reason) on another.

Don't forget the swarm moas that do nothing to players except annoy them.

Yes, but my problem is here, is not to complain about specific units, it's to complain about how grineer have all the good units while everyone else is way easier to deal with in comparison.

We already got those bombards that have  missile machinegun, that shoots while stunned, knockeddown and dead. 

Dont give DE any more wrong ideas pls 

=)

Not really giving then ideas for more annoying units,i'm asking then to look into the matter of balance for factions.

Edited by Ingway

Yes, but my problem is here, is not to complain about specific units, it's to complain about how grineer have all the good units while everyone else is way easier to deal with in comparison.

But the grineer don't have all the good units, nor is everyone else easier to deal with by comparison.

That was my point.

Infested has to be the most irritating to fight right now. I frequently find myself having to stop firing or meleeing just to find a spot that isn't covered in goo or BEES.

Infested are annoying because they stop you from killing them quickly.

Grineer are annyoing because they kill you too quickly.

I find the infested far more irritating. Ancients pulling you to them so the disrupter can drain your energy. Infested moas stomping and knocking you down, shooting tar at you and slowing you down (so you get rekt by chargers), that moa that puts the swarm on you that is hell to get rid of because teammates love to wander around with theirs and constantly re-infest you, and that random electric crawler that you fail to notice has been electrocuting your ankles for five minutes...

Compared to that:

The Corpus has the stomping moas, the antimoas, mine osprey, and leech osprey.

The Grineer have commanders, hellions, heavy ground pound, shield lancers, scorpions, bombards, and drahk masters. Rollers have been neutered for a while so they don't annoy me. The rest of the units are mostly dangerous, not annoying.

Grineer are probably the most dangerous faction, but I think infested take first place in annoying units.

Infested are annoying because they stop you from killing them quickly.

Grineer are annyoing because they kill you too quickly.

That's actually really spot on. Altough i can kill infested pretty easy with a miasma focused saryn.

That's actually really spot on. Altough i can kill infested pretty easy with a miasma focused saryn.

There are of course exceptions. But yes, Grineer, overall, need a nerf, in my honest opinion. Compared to other factions, their hitscan and stunlocking is too much for their damage levels, and it is why I am not looking forward to raids.

Personaly I find Grineer dangerous, not all that anoying.  Sure some units need better balancing sweap (mainly bombards/napalms).  While their scalling definatly needs to be looked at.

Infested I find more anoying than dangerous.  Their danger really only comes in becuse they take away control or energy constantly, and it's this removal of tools that makes them a threat.  Sure you can get around these anoyances by using only melee combos, but thats not always the fun part of the game for all players.