The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Prime: The End Of An Era. [Megathread]

Frost prime latron prime and reaper prime are being removed from drop tables next week and will be placed in a "prime vault" which is in game speak for they are not accessible until further notice (like how the retired machete is in a tenno vault)

De has made no further statements and their silence on the matter has birthed several flame threads and is a source of controversy at the moment

They are removing frost prime/reaper prime/latron prime from void, so as far as we know there will be no way to get these after the 24th.

The post saying so was done in a vague way which caused a lot of people to panic and try to buy them before they are removed.

They also gave around a weeks notice of them doing this.

Bascially they are doing somethign dumb, with little information and 1 weeks notice in order to cash in on plat sales from people panicking and trading over the top prices for something they are removing soon.

Is this not a fancy way of saying DE is taking assets out of the game and MIGHT reintroduce them later?

It has allready happened before you know.

This Prime Vault is not some vault in a tileset somewhere, regardless of how spectacular awesome that would be.

This is still a good thing.  Hopefully everyone will realize that once they see it in-game.

Removing 3 parts with high drop chances in all towers (R5 cores in t4) would serve to dilute the drop table more then 12 parts with a lower drop chance in 14 towers.

*That's another thing the whole doubling up having the same part drop from a different key. But that is another discussion.

The real problem is we have no info of what led to this or whats happening in the long run with them.

I have noticed that DE shows no interest in explaining their decisions to the community. If they would do so, I would respect there decisions a lot more. Currently, all we get is, "This is the way it will be. Adapt or leave." While I understand that they don't want to apologize for the choices they make, this does not excuse them from explaining their reasoning. Both the devs and community need to bridge the communication gap if we want to have meaningful discussions and not waste development time on things that are not enhancing Warframe's future.

I have noticed that DE shows no interest in explaining their decisions to the community. If they would do so, I would respect there decisions a lot more. Currently, all we get is, "This is the way it will be. Adapt or leave." While I understand that they don't want to apologize for the choices they make, this does not excuse them from explaining their reasoning. Both the devs and community need to bridge the communication gap if we want to have meaningful discussions and not waste development time on things that are not enhancing Warframe's future.

De doesnt have to explain everything to the "Community" Adapt or Leave youre totally Right. 

This really galls me. Because the void is already diluted by design. Because I fondly remember the times it actually dropped items and not credit caches, not resources and certainly not keys. Because if DE really wanted to solve dilution, they'd simply need to remove the things I have mentioned. 

This is why T4 keys are a delight to use as its missing those above. (Gone from syndicates now)

It really sucks to be a noob now. Looking back. There's alot of content they missed and a mountain of grind ahead of them compared to how we vets started.

Meh he is the same as regular frost anyway, actually frost even looks better.

He will be another excalibur prime case, thats all

he wont since they said he is able todo a comeback and escal prime will NEVER EVER EVER comeback.

As I see it, DE is doing what it wants and no explanation is required. It's like the saying goes "God moves in mysterious ways", except it's DE. Complaints and Theory crafting is all one can do in this situation, but that's tipping the scales into madness and disappointment.

Also, there is no "Communication Gap" just an Information Delay as we will probably get the details in the next DevStream or Prime Time. 

Bascially they are doing somethign dumb, with little information and 1 weeks notice in order to cash in on plat sales from people panicking and trading over the top prices for something they are removing soon.

It's not dumb, you just disagree with it. 

1 weeks notice is plenty, stating that DE have done this to cash in on OTT prices is fallacious since it's the player-base that determines the prices.

Really dude, you're obviously not happy about the decision but don't be a butt on the forums

latron prime was my first prime thing i ever found all parts for and made.

anyhow, rather than copy-paste what i wrote in another thread with walltexting, the answer for why DE is doing this for the greater overall benefit (and will continue to have vaulted prime stuff coming with every new set of prime additions) is in my reply here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/419062-so-you-guys-are-giving-me-ideas/

I will add that this is going to be the norm since i believe i heard DE is going to start adding more prime version stuff sooner than waiting out 90-day periods.