The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Prime: The End Of An Era. [Megathread]

Even if it is locked up, I think it would only be a temporary thing base on this reply. Unless I misunderstood.

Yes, you misunderstood. Unless DE is going to be proactive with "open[ing] [the Vault's] doors at any time", then it'll be a while before we see any part come out of this Prime Vault. DE hasn't really opened the regular vault a whole lot. If they do the same with this Prime Vault, then we might not see Frost Prime for a while.

When you main a Frame for multiple years (Frost Prime in my case since 2013), it kind of becomes a part of you in this game.

I wouldn't be able to handle not being able to use my Frost Prime like I have been doing for so long for everything.

I'm sure DE has good intentions, but it does hurt to see them discard my main so casually.

When you main a Frame for multiple years (Frost Prime in my case since 2013), it kind of becomes a part of you in this game.

I wouldn't be able to handle not being able to use my Frost Prime like I have been doing for so long for everything.

I'm sure DE has good intentions, but it does hurt to see them discard my main so casually.

I believe only the parts will be tucked away. Not your actual frame. You'll still be able to use him if you already have him. :)

I believe only the parts will be tucked away. Not your actual frame. You'll still be able to use him if you already have him. :)

pretty sure youll still be able to use parts in your inventory, the problem comes when you want to get the parts, they wont be in the loot tables for the void. 

Also: I hear theyre taking it out partly because of void loot table dilution but I think that stems from the massive amount of forma that are dropping recently. When you think about it over all the void missions and loot possibilities there really aren't that many primes. 

We'll see how it goes when they do their whole void rework thing though. Just sucks for new players or returning players who wanted to get these primes are now pressured to farm within a week. Besides prices for the parts will increase somewhat dramatically I think, as they will be in higher demand. 

Fortunately I've already done some farming and now I just need the blueprint... darn you capture missions!

Has anyone thought that the Prime Vault might be an actual room in the dojo like the clan tech are or be a similar room like the vault room in Orokin derelict missions where the corrupted mods are except that this one will be at normal void. If you watched it closely, DE Sheldon talks about how Void will still remain there but you do not have to go there to get Prime Parts. However if you do then there will be " special gear " in the Void. Looking at their post in the main page got me thinking that it would be pretty clever way to balance it out for now.

Has anyone thought that the Prime Vault might be an actual room in the dojo like the clan tech are or be a similar room like the vault room in Orokin derelict missions where the corrupted mods are except that this one will be at normal void. If you watched it closely, DE Sheldon talks about how Void will still remain there but you do not have to go there to get Prime Parts. However if you do then there will be " special gear " in the Void. Looking at their post in the main page got me thinking that it would be pretty clever way to balance it out for now.

I dont think so, maybe they refer to the "vault" where are machete and weeks ago dual ether daggers...remember when detron was droped into the vault? welp this is the "new" vault prime.

Dear Everyone panicking, getting angry or just plain confused:

As far as I'm concerned, Frost Prime will still be available through some other means, such as the vault "reopening", much like the Legacy Vault in league of legends for those of you who play (hopefully more frequently than that though). There is nothing wrong or bad or negative about this. Frost Prime may be harder to aquire, but hes also been around the longest. Hopefully his removal from the drop table makes it easier to farm other primes. 

Another thing to consider is that this is how DE is planning on transitioning the prime parts from the void to wherever they will be when they move/change/get rid of the void (stated on TennoLive at Pax). 

Please have patience and trust the game developers. I doubt their plan is to enrage everyone by making Frost Prime just as obtainable as Excalibur Prime.

Obviously, I don't know DE's plans behind this, and everything above are just my assumptions, but it makes sense to me

Has anyone thought that the Prime Vault might be an actual room in the dojo like the clan tech are or be a similar room like the vault room in Orokin derelict missions where the corrupted mods are except that this one will be at normal void

Careful... don't go threatening players' extreme pessimism with logic or optimism. That's a dangerous game there friend...

No, but really. People are being extremely pessimistic. And that's not a good thing.

Yeah, I have to agree, this is probably a short term thing, likely just to make room for Volt Prime and whatever weaponry comes with him. Frost Prime and his equipment will likely be back in once they're done doing whatever it is they're doing to the void.

Careful... don't go threatening players' extreme pessimism with logic or optimism. That's a dangerous game there friend...

No, but really. People are being extremely pessimistic. And that's not a good thing.

If they wanted to put Frost Prime and his gear into clan tech, they would have said that it was being added to the Orokin Research Lab.  So it's probably not that.

In fact, it said they were being removed from the Void altogether.  They also literally said that the Prime Vault is out of our reach, so there's that.

Edited by Katakuna

yeah i think we should all calm down and see what DE does. Its too early to start getting angry cuz they havent even clarified if Frost and the other prime sets will be gone or not.

Ps. Pretty sure it said that the vaults would "open" or something like that implying that the prime sets arent gone forever. They would be available for a limited time every now and then, but thats just my assumption. Hopefully its something like that <.<

This may sound silly but Frost Prime actually has the most "difficult" farm route for a set.

Blueprint T3/T4 capture

Helmet T3/T4 survival

Chassis T2 exterminate

Systems T4 survival

So I bet this will be the route people need to run to get Volt Prime. If drop rates are tweaked down for being a new prime, this could be much more annoying to farm than loki or nova.

No. The Prime Vault is like the "Vault" that DE says has all the exclusives. In other words, there is no vault. This "vault" is a list of items that are essentially removed from the game, that serve as exclusives that DE may or may not remember to re-release. Because the art team likes to always create new stuff, these exclusive items are rarely re-released. That's why we aren't seeing Prime Access cosmetics being re-circulated. The pessimism that exists here is because of DE's track record with "Vault" items. Only fairly recently have we seen some "Vault" items be re-released.

I wouldn't put it past them to make Frost Prime and the Latron/Reaper Prime into a quest similar to how we got our Ether Daggers, which were previously in the Vault. It would make sense in a strange way, the first prime released (to the public) being the first prime revealed/earned/given to the new players, and an even better way to teach them about what wonders the Void holds.

Edited by SarcasticShepard

Dear Everyone panicking, getting angry or just plain confused:

As far as I'm concerned, Frost Prime will still be available through some other means, such as the vault "reopening", much like the Legacy Vault in league of legends for those of you who play (hopefully more frequently than that though). There is nothing wrong or bad or negative about this. Frost Prime may be harder to aquire, but hes also been around the longest. Hopefully his removal from the drop table makes it easier to farm other primes. 

Another thing to consider is that this is how DE is planning on transitioning the prime parts from the void to wherever they will be when they move/change/get rid of the void (stated on TennoLive at Pax). 

Please have patience and trust the game developers. I doubt their plan is to enrage everyone by making Frost Prime just as obtainable as Excalibur Prime.

Obviously, I don't know DE's plans behind this, and everything above are just my assumptions, but it makes sense to me

Or, by Vault, DE means something like their non-existant Vault that holds other exclusive items.

Tymerc, they're not taking Frost Prime out of the game, they're taking his PARTS out of the game... You'll be able to use and craft Frost, Latron or Reaper Prime if you have the parts or the Warframe/ Weapons BEFORE they take it out of the rotations. 

In other words, Frost Prime, Latron Prime, and Reaper Prime will probably become exclusive items, very much like how the Ether Daggers and the Machete were taken out, only to b re-introduced. 

It doesn't matter what you want to believe, the fact is that DE is vaulting items again, and that always causes friction, this thread is pointless because you have absolutely ZERO information to add to the topic besides your "hope", i mean, i respect your intentions, your are that guy, the good guy, but seriously... you can't expect people to change how they feel just because that is what you want... It is up to DE to start doing some damage control with their weird decisions, because only an official spokesman can calm the players who are upset by this.

And for the record, i already own a frost prime/latron/reaper, but i think it is a bad idea to keep rubbing people the wrong way without at least announcing their damage control strategy, and this has been going on for very long.